Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Chinook will still spin this and say the Spurs should extend him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance, Demar, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was always my preference.

Spurs missed out on a second round pick at most by not trading him. Who cares, tbh?
    they could've gotten a starting caliber PF or SG in return at least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just freeing up cap space to max out Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they could've gotten a starting caliber PF or SG in return at least

Spurs fans: DeRozan is terrible. He's overpaid, too emotional, stuck in the 90s, refuses to join the current way the game is played and will only get worse from here.

Also Spurs fans: Other teams will give the Spurs first round draft picks, starting power forwards and/or starting shooting guards in a trade.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Still wish they would have just told Leonard to sit out the season again. But we have to get something for him

Making him waste a second prime year of his career for ing the Spurs over would have been so much better than getting Poetl
    Gotta say in the end you were right playing hardball would have been best maybe the offers increase if they do ...because even if he never played summer workouts and his talent would have been plenty to force teams to pay up.

Reality is they didnt want him to get to either LA team he still got there and got a le. Uncle Dennis and KL (and Raptors pf course) only winners of that deal.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 03-10-2020 at 08:08 PM.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wat a joke. Spurs should of traded this loser when they had the chance. Now its extend or probably lose derozan for nothing .

Everything about that kawhi deal just fcked the spurs in everyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs fans: DeRozan is terrible. He's overpaid, too emotional, stuck in the 90s, refuses to join the current way the game is played and will only get worse from here.

Also Spurs fans: Other teams will give the Spurs first round draft picks, starting power forwards and/or starting shooting guards in a trade.

the bar is not high if your starters are Trey Lyles and Bryn Forbes. Literally anybody in the NBA is better than those 2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im eager to see where he thinks his next big deal is coming from, but more power to him. My money is on the parties working out a sign and trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this piece of . I was ready for him to go as soon as he was signed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still wish they would have just told Leonard to sit out the season again. But we have to get something for him

Making him waste a second prime year of his career for ing the Spurs over would have been so much better than getting Poetl
    Wasn’t there a ton of smoke about the Kings offering the #2 overall at the time? Pretty disappointing if so considering Doncic was drafted at 3 and we supposedly love the Euros.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wasn’t there a ton of smoke about the Kings offering the #2 overall at the time? Pretty disappointing if so considering Doncic was drafted at 3 and we supposedly love the Euros.
    underrated possible trade not only #2 but yall probably could have gotten Hield or some other piece. he is not all that great ... but he can shoot 3's

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yay. More minutes for Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance.

I don't care if we only win 30 games next season, this team will still be more likeable without DeMar's bum-ass jacking up long 2s and complaining to the officials every time he takes a layup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bruh. To be fair you wrote an article on how he was a top player. So hes now only worth a second round pick even as you mentioned he’s putting up 20/5/5??

If that’s true, and you were hoping and calling for keeping this together basically then it has to be retroactively considered one of the worst trades in nba history.

SA got fleeced and the FO did a horrendous job with the Kawhi trade and taking that “win now package” over any team offering any first.

If Derozan can’t net you a first now via trade then that says any first originally > Derozan value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance.

I don't care if we only win 30 games next season, this team will still be more likeable without DeMar's bum-ass jacking up long 2s and complaining to the officials every time he takes a layup.

Spurs are only gonna win 30 games with him so not much difference tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh. To be fair you wrote an article on how he was a top player. So hes now only worth a second round pick even as you mentioned he’s putting up 20/5/5??

If that’s true, and you were hoping and calling for keeping this together basically then it has to be retroactively considered one of the worst trades in nba history.

SA got fleeced and the FO did a horrendous job with the Kawhi trade and taking that “win now package” over any team offering any first.

If Derozan can’t net you a first now via trade then that says any first originally > Derozan value.

Nobody wanted derozans deal tbh but to only net a 2nd!? Spurs failed on soo many levels here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But getting a 2nd rounder is better than nothing. They can still sign and trade and Knicks may not be the only team interested.

But 2nd rounder > nothing. Especially since many of us saw the writing on the wall early regarding this teams REALISTIC shot at making playoffs. With the results at the deadline there was really no justification for making zero moves. If the reason you couldn’t do that is because no one wants the guys you handpicked? What does that tell you.

But no harm no foul as long as they do what’s right this summer. I’ve given up hope that they can be creative and ahead of the curve by doing smart things and gathering picks for DDR and LMA (even if it means taking on a bad deal for a year or two.

At this point I’m just hoping they no longer do catastrophically stupid things like pay Derozan, pay Forbes, sign meaningless vets to take minutes from youth.

They need to take MAJOR reformative steps this summer and prove they are a competent FO still. The clock is ticking starting this Summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the final net from Kwa to Toronto would be?:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kj tbh and possibly poodle

spurs need to deal lma this summer and begin the rebuild

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The end of the Spurs. Funny how TOR is fine sans Kawhi but SA gets excuses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Chinook will still spin this and say the Spurs should extend him
    Why does this need spin? I didn't see how this was reported, but it seems like DMDR wants a long-term deal, whether via an extension or a new deal this summer. On its face, it really doesn't seem like a threat or anything worth getting worked up about unless you were one of those folks who insisted that DMDR was opting in. I was pretty famously willing to let him walk before most folks in this thread were. I do support an extension that makes sense and have heard nothing to change that. I also support a S&T with a team like the Knicks. New York has overpaid guys, but they have them on expiring deals. That's a better use of salary than just having more room under the tax. If the team also loses LMA in the off-season, getting a PF or two from New York wouldn't be that bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Knicks sign him to a max.. I’m gonna consider it payback for the Marcus Morris/Bertans stuff

Thread Information