Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does Beasley’s arrest impact their willingness to trade the No. 1 pick?
    Beasley was expected to be key starter, 20 ppg scorer. He may never see NBA minutes again. Huge void there. Minnesota has rumoured to be shopping the pick for a while. Wiseman reportedly doesn’t want to play there. Ball is not a great fit. Edwards makes a lot of sense at 1 but maybe they don’t think that highly of him and may be a little gun shy after whiffing on Culver. IMHO a little too early to give up on Culver, but his draft comparison coming out of college...DeMar Derozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's pretty clear. He's a free agent so they will have to attach the 1st pick to move his huge 2.7 million dollar contract
    NBA teams don’t tend to keep (if) convicted criminals on rosters bud.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beasley was expected to be key starter, 20 ppg scorer. He may never see NBA minutes again. Huge void there. Minnesota has rumoured to be shopping the pick for a while. Wiseman reportedly doesn’t want to play there. Ball is not a great fit. Edwards makes a lot of sense at 1 but maybe they don’t think that highly of him and may be a little gun shy after whiffing on Culver. IMHO a little too early to give up on Culver, but his draft comparison coming out of college...DeMar Derozan.
    Got it. Thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Beasley really picked the wrong time to pull out his stupid card.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did he do? I assume the arrest wasn't for a minor infraction?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did he do? I assume the arrest wasn't for a minor infraction?

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley facing felony weapons, drug charges:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-drug-charges

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah OK, that is not good. Darn, what a freaking idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA teams don’t tend to keep (if) convicted criminals on rosters bud.
    NBA teams also tend to not trade free agents. He's on an expiring with team option. They not gonna resign him if that's the case

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA teams also tend to not trade free agents. He's on an expiring with team option. They not gonna resign him if that's the case
    Beasley was not in the trade I proposed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One interesting idea suggested by Lowe is Minnesota’s 17th and J.Johnson’s expiring being available in a trade.

I'd also expect Minnesota to peddle the combination of the No. 17 pick -- via Brooklyn -- and James Johnson's expiring contract. Does that get the Wolves involved in a Danilo Gallinari sign-and-trade? My guess is the Thunder find something better, but No. 17 is a decent asset.
    https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/...atch-offseason

If the rumoured pursuit of Spurs pursuing a top 2 pick falls through, would be interested in looking at acquiring 17 (in a similar scenario to what I proposed in a post above, centred around Derozan) without giving up the rights to 11.

This would allow the Spurs to draft into the two positions that they appear to be scouting (a big, a wing) with less of a financial commitment for both compared with picking in the top 2 of the draft.
    If there is genuine belief in parity between certain prospects - you may come out of the first round with a combo. of say a big: a Stewart/Smith/Achuiwa/Carey, and a wing: a Bane/Hampton/McDaniels/Green depending on the Spurs big board preference.

That would be a huge win in my book.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One interesting idea suggested by Lowe is Minnesota’s 17th and J.Johnson’s expiring being available in a trade.

https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/...atch-offseason

If the rumoured pursuit of Spurs pursuing a top 2 pick falls through, would be interested in looking at acquiring 17 (in a similar scenario to what I proposed in a post above, centred around Derozan) without giving up the rights to 11.

This would allow the Spurs to draft into the two positions that they appear to be scouting (a big, a wing) with less of a financial commitment for both compared with picking in the top 2 of the draft.
    If there is genuine belief in parity between certain prospects - you may come out of the first round with a combo. of say a big: a Stewart/Smith/Achuiwa/Carey, and a wing: a Bane/Hampton/McDaniels/Green depending on the Spurs big board preference.

That would be a huge win in my book.
    This would require Derozan to opt in before the draft, he has no reason to do that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the spurs actually trade him since he hasn’t opted in ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the spurs actually trade him since he hasn’t opted in ?
    No, it is not allowed per CBA. He has to opt in before being traded. It is like a no trade clause.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was assuming he would opt in or agrees to a S/T in the scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure a trade works well for the Spurs here. A team who wants Derozan would do all they could to just sign him without giving up important assets. I.E A longer term deal like the one Haslem got with the Heat after he opts out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would require Derozan to opt in before the draft, he has no reason to do that.
    Curious as to why you would think this?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious as to why you would think this?
    He would lose control of where he goes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would lose control of where he goes.
    He would also lose 28 mil guaranteed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would also lose 28 mil guaranteed.
    He controls where he goes up until the player option deadline. If no sign and trade or free agent offers materialize then he would opt in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure a trade works well for the Spurs here. A team who wants Derozan would do all they could to just sign him without giving up important assets. I.E A longer term deal like the one Haslem got with the Heat after he opts out.
    That only applies to teams with capspace now or teams that expect capspace next summer, like Atlanta. Those teams could just sign DDR

But Minnesota won't be a cap team for years. Using the expiring James Johnson contract as the bulk of outgoing salary is basically the only way they can add players who make more than the mle and it's use it or lose it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see DeRozan going to the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only shot DeRozan has at a championship is being the #3 or #4 option behind a few superstars. There's no way he's ever winning a championship otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only shot DeRozan has at a championship is being the #3 or #4 option behind a few superstars. There's no way he's ever winning a championship otherwise.
    In that interview he did a few weeks back, he recognizes he is moving towards a veteran leadership role. Him in Brooklyn makes a ton of sense. but they do already have Dinwiddie and Caris Lavert. What a bag full of wings they got!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In that interview he did a few weeks back, he recognizes he is moving towards a veteran leadership role. Him in Brooklyn makes a ton of sense. but they do already have Dinwiddie and Caris Lavert. What a bag full of wings they got!
    True-- makes them a nice potential trade partner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DeRozan opts out, Spurs get nothing, right?

Is there a scenario in which the Spurs profit in any way?

Thread Information