Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JeffDuncan - didn’t you say Derozan wasn’t giving up 27M and that SA was obligated to pay him no matter what

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sorry, but unless it’s to trade him there is absolutely Zero reason to give any more money to DDR. If he opted in, fine, can’t control that. But if he opts out you don’t even put an offer out (and from what I’ve gathered SA has little to no interest in that fwiw)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the bar is not high if your starters are Trey Lyles and Bryn Forbes. Literally anybody in the NBA is better than those 2
    Brandon Knight and John Henson wouldn't start on the Spurs, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh. To be fair you wrote an article on how he was a top player. So hes now only worth a second round pick even as you mentioned he’s putting up 20/5/5??

If that’s true, and you were hoping and calling for keeping this together basically then it has to be retroactively considered one of the worst trades in nba history.

SA got fleeced and the FO did a horrendous job with the Kawhi trade and taking that “win now package” over any team offering any first.

If Derozan can’t net you a first now via trade then that says any first originally > Derozan value.
    There's so much fake news in those four paragraphs, I don't even know where to begin, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's so much fake news in those four paragraphs, I don't even know where to begin, tbh.
    I have receipts lol.

You did a big DDR write up. It was positive and argued he was a top player (even if flawed).

If DDR couldn’t and can’t be moved for more than a 2nd? How is that not one of the worst trades?
    You said don’t blow it up and pursing 8th seed was the right move (it wasn’t and was obvious early).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But getting a 2nd rounder is better than nothing.
    Eh, it's about a wash. Especially when you factor in the flotsam the Spurs would've had to absorb to complete a trade.

No one loses sleep about a missed second round pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OWNERSHIP should act PUNITIVELY

DEMAND poop bring in Atkinson as his replacement or Have Timmy Take the JOB, send the old man on his way
    Sniffers and Realists alike really needed that win last week.
    So I wanted to let time go by before commenting.
    Truth be told, Duncan did most of the same stupid Popped has been doing.

Started Bryn Forms. That alone is automatic F. Well D-. Bryn Bryn did have one of his once every 10 games good shooting night.
    Had a midget on the floor at almost all times.
    Said most of the moves were made by the assistants. (May have been joking but sounded literal.)
    Played KJ (yah!) but as was noted, was this more because Beli was out? Given the rest of the games copycat approach of CIA Popped, would Tim have done as his master wanted and not played KJ?

So while I would welcome Tim with open arms, truth is he has been mostly a Pop suck up this season too. Indeed any on the coaching staff who tolerated starting Bryn Bryn are guilty of complicity. If they spoke up (I believe none did) then good for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh. To be fair you wrote an article on how he was a top player. So hes now only worth a second round pick even as you mentioned he’s putting up 20/5/5??
    SniffVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DDR couldn’t and can’t be moved for more than a 2nd? How is that not one of the worst trades?
    You said don’t blow it up and pursing 8th seed was the right move (it wasn’t and was obvious early).
    It was always a terrible trade. I never said it wasn't a terrible trade. You don't trade Kawhi and it not be a terrible trade, bruh.

I didn't say don't blow it up. I said don't blow it up just to blow it up. There's a difference. And I stand by that. I'd rather let DeRozan walk than to force a blow up that inevitably includes bad contracts coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does this need spin? I didn't see how this was reported, but it seems like DMDR wants a long-term deal, whether via an extension or a new deal this summer. On its face, it really doesn't seem like a threat or anything worth getting worked up about unless you were one of those folks who insisted that DMDR was opting in. I was pretty famously willing to let him walk before most folks in this thread were. I do support an extension that makes sense and have heard nothing to change that. I also support a S&T with a team like the Knicks. New York has overpaid guys, but they have them on expiring deals. That's a better use of salary than just having more room under the tax. If the team also loses LMA in the off-season, getting a PF or two from New York wouldn't be that bad.
    Zero chance the Spurs and Knicks FOs even talk this offseason tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t there a ton of smoke about the Kings offering the #2 overall at the time? Pretty disappointing if so considering Doncic was drafted at 3 and we supposedly love the Euros.
    Early on there was but I remember all that had died way down by the time the draft was near.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No good FA is going to the Spurs. Place is a joke with guys like Forbes and Belinelli starting over White (early season, not now bc Murray is hurt) and Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sorry, but unless it’s to trade him there is absolutely Zero reason to give any more money to DDR. If he opted in, fine, can’t control that. But if he opts out you don’t even put an offer out (and from what I’ve gathered SA has little to no interest in that fwiw)
    Knicks will max him tbh. It's the Knicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, it's about a wash. Especially when you factor in the flotsam the Spurs would've had to absorb to complete a trade.

No one loses sleep about a missed second round pick
    For sure. Like I said - it’s optimal GM’ing but it doesn’t “hurt” SA if they don’t. Hard to believe the Kawhi centerpiece and player they choose to build around has no value

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure. Like I said - it’s optimal GM’ing but it doesn’t “hurt” SA if they don’t. Hard to believe the Kawhi centerpiece and player they choose to build around has no value
    Tbf, everyone knew it was a bad trade. It was just a matter of how bad it would ultimately be. Turned out to be really bad, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. I was more responding to the idea that there's something wrong with trading for "flotsam". A couple of years ago, the Knicks had a number of bad deals. Since the KP trade, they've had mostly short-term deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was always a terrible trade. I never said it wasn't a terrible trade. You don't trade Kawhi and it not be a terrible trade, bruh.

I didn't say don't blow it up. I said don't blow it up just to blow it up. There's a difference. And I stand by that. I'd rather let DeRozan walk than to force a blow up that inevitably includes bad contracts coming back.
    Well I’m reasonable - that specific context makes sense. I’m just of the opinion that even if underwhelming moving LMA and Derozan would net + value. That hasn’t changed to be fair and they still can do that (if indeed true).

But taking on bad deals short term for picks (say give up Rudy or Mills who should have plus value if eating an extra year bad deal) should have been on table big time.

I get it; if no one had any value and blowing it up meant dumping assets just to rid yourself? Sure. Don’t do it. Find it reallyyyyy hard to believe that’s true that NO ONE has + value?!!

Factor in that SA is by far the outlier in terms of in season trades and it strikes me more as an incompetent FO in regards to player evaluation and trades. One that put selfish “make the playoffs even as an awful team!” In front of what’s right for the future.

Again, big picture I Do understand it’s not a big deal. I just hate that this FO seems to be getting lapped the last few years in terms of being sharp and opportunistic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ok with that, but if they do it they should've traded him at the deadline. Would be classic PATFO though, doing dumb is in their DNA
    Yup. What a great idea to get nothing for him. Yay cap space! So we can overpay an average veteran!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's crazy is I'm pretty sure PATFO was gonna trade Green, Gasol, Murray and 18 for DeRozan. Considering that Kawhi was like 100-percent leaving anyway, the trade they got might be considered a win in opportunity cost alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But also I’m not talking terrible trade in terms of normal Kawhi value. I’m talking terrible decision (and I was vocal about hatred of DDR trade immediately) in the context of his reduced value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kj tbh and possibly poodle

spurs need to deal lma this summer and begin the rebuild
    Spurs won’t match offers on Poetl. So he gone too.

Kawhi and DG for KJ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends... if the Knicks have a couple more FA's lined up (Lowry etc) they 'might' need to shed an expiring contract to create the room. In that scenario they might give up a small asset for the S&T.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's crazy is I'm pretty sure PATFO was gonna trade Green, Gasol, Murray and 18 for DeRozan. Considering that Kawhi was like 100-percent leaving anyway, the trade they got might be considered a win in opportunity cost alone.
    Well I’ll take any moral win at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder if this sack of human being is going to cry in a jack in the box parking lot again.

who’s the ing idiot that painted the mural

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But also I’m not talking terrible trade in terms of normal Kawhi value. I’m talking terrible decision (and I was vocal about hatred of DDR trade immediately) in the context of his reduced value.
    My stance has always been the Spurs should have held onto him and forced him to sit out a season if that's what he wanted to do. For political reasons (Read: Pop coaching the Olympic team), they didn't want to deal with the mess.

Thread Information