Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was always a terrible trade. I never said it wasn't a terrible trade. You don't trade Kawhi and it not be a terrible trade, bruh.

I didn't say don't blow it up. I said don't blow it up just to blow it up. There's a difference. And I stand by that. I'd rather let DeRozan walk than to force a blow up that inevitably includes bad contracts coming back.
    Well Iím reasonable - that specific context makes sense. Iím just of the opinion that even if underwhelming moving LMA and Derozan would net + value. That hasnít changed to be fair and they still can do that (if indeed true).

But taking on bad deals short term for picks (say give up Rudy or Mills who should have plus value if eating an extra year bad deal) should have been on table big time.

I get it; if no one had any value and blowing it up meant dumping assets just to rid yourself? Sure. Donít do it. Find it reallyyyyy hard to believe thatís true that NO ONE has + value?!!

Factor in that SA is by far the outlier in terms of in season trades and it strikes me more as an incompetent FO in regards to player evaluation and trades. One that put selfish ďmake the playoffs even as an awful team!Ē In front of whatís right for the future.

Again, big picture I Do understand itís not a big deal. I just hate that this FO seems to be getting lapped the last few years in terms of being sharp and opportunistic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ok with that, but if they do it they should've traded him at the deadline. Would be classic PATFO though, doing dumb is in their DNA
    Yup. What a great idea to get nothing for him. Yay cap space! So we can overpay an average veteran!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure. Like I said - it’s optimal GM’ing but it doesn’t “hurt” SA if they don’t. Hard to believe the Kawhi centerpiece and player they choose to build around has no value
    What's crazy is I'm pretty sure PATFO was gonna trade Green, Gasol, Murray and 18 for DeRozan. Considering that Kawhi was like 100-percent leaving anyway, the trade they got might be considered a win in opportunity cost alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was always a terrible trade. I never said it wasn't a terrible trade. You don't trade Kawhi and it not be a terrible trade, bruh.

I didn't say don't blow it up. I said don't blow it up just to blow it up. There's a difference. And I stand by that. I'd rather let DeRozan walk than to force a blow up that inevitably includes bad contracts coming back.
    But also Iím not talking terrible trade in terms of normal Kawhi value. Iím talking terrible decision (and I was vocal about hatred of DDR trade immediately) in the context of his reduced value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kj tbh and possibly poodle

spurs need to deal lma this summer and begin the rebuild
    Spurs wonít match offers on Poetl. So he gone too.

Kawhi and DG for KJ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero chance the Spurs and Knicks FOs even talk this offseason tbh.
    It depends... if the Knicks have a couple more FA's lined up (Lowry etc) they 'might' need to shed an expiring contract to create the room. In that scenario they might give up a small asset for the S&T.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's crazy is I'm pretty sure PATFO was gonna trade Green, Gasol, Murray and 18 for DeRozan. Considering that Kawhi was like 100-percent leaving anyway, the trade they got might be considered a win in opportunity cost alone.
    Well I’ll take any moral win at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder if this sack of human being is going to cry in a jack in the box parking lot again.

whoís the ing idiot that painted the mural

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But also I’m not talking terrible trade in terms of normal Kawhi value. I’m talking terrible decision (and I was vocal about hatred of DDR trade immediately) in the context of his reduced value.
    My stance has always been the Spurs should have held onto him and forced him to sit out a season if that's what he wanted to do. For political reasons (Read: Pop coaching the Olympic team), they didn't want to deal with the mess.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we stuff Forbes in his carry on bag on his way to whoever the he signs with?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    OP and others laughed when i said spurs should move demar for westbrook or cp3 this past offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. No complaints.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL this POS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a lying piece of .

Yes, you are.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll probably light it up from 3 for what ever team he moves to next season.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs not even moving demar for drummond

gaping hole at SF? fine. spurs could've missed the POs this season, then gone into next season with murray, white, lonnie, keldon, luka, la, drummond, poeltl + a lottery pick for the best SF available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My stance has always been the Spurs should have held onto him and forced him to sit out a season if that's what he wanted to do. For political reasons (Read: Pop coaching the Olympic team), they didn't want to deal with the mess.
    I think it was political but not about the Olympics -- the Spurs desperately want to have a favorable image with the NBA domestic workforce.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just let him walk. Sign and trade will bring back nothing worthwhile.

I fully expect this front office to do the wrong thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let him opt out.

we got poeltl and keldon Johnson for him. Johnson is an exciting prospect and poeltl is becoming a very good defensive player. Maybe we can somewhat salvage the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next question becomes: what happens to Pop? Does he hang em up (like Iíve said all along) after this year? Is this the official start of Brian Wrong era. Does Becky take over as coach or does Tim?

Demar leaving is the first domino of many that I hope fall our way. Hopefully we donít re-sign Bryn. If we could trade LMA to the Celtics (after they lose in the 2nd round) Hayward that would be nice. Then extend Hayward. Extend Derrick and have him start. Get rid of Marco. Somehow trade for Julius Randle. Extend Poetl on the cheap and we are good to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    theres nothing on the knicks worth getting in return for the spurms

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still wish they would have just told Leonard to sit out the season again. But we have to get something for him

Making him waste a second prime year of his career for ing the Spurs over would have been so much better than getting Poetl
    Dammit this is what should've happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not needed, I'll drive him to the airport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't think DeMar got a fair chance in SA.

Give Nephew himself a heavy dose of Forms, Beli, and Wombat and he's not contending either. I'm not saying the ceiling of a well constructed/managed team isn't significantly higher with Neph. I just think the construction, and especially the rotations, on this team are absolute . DeMar never stood a chance. How you go from Manu, Green, Fathead, Simmons at the 2/3 to what we have now is just pathetic.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't think DeMar got a fair chance in SA.

Give Nephew himself a heavy dose of Forms, Beli, and Wombat and he's not contending either. I'm not saying the ceiling of a well constructed/managed team isn't significantly higher with Neph. I just think the construction, and especially the rotations, on this team are absolute . DeMar never stood a chance. How you go from Manu, Green, Fathead, Simmons at the 2/3 to what we have now is just pathetic.
    He never developed a three and that's on him.

Thread Information