San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am a lying, butthurt sack of .

Indeed you are.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THEN WHY THE DIDNT WE GET SOMETHING IN TRADE instead of letting him just walk for free....meaning we got nothing for losing kawhi and danny green
    Good question. The smart move would've been to trade DeMar away last summer, but the front office is run by brain dead people with no clue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone saw you quoting CBA language out of context and spouting off about how there was no way he would give up 27M blah blah blah.

Dont worry happens to the best of us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, it's time to piss everyone off. For the right price, I'd be willing to extend Demar. The right price being 3yrs at <$80m, or 4 yrs at < $100m... As FkLA noted, to my eye, the big problems have been Form and Beli ( I am willing to give Wombat a partial pass, yes his contract was terrible, but he's an acceptable NBA player, unlike Forms and Beli). We keep on running "shooters" who a) can't defend and b) are terribly inconsistent. It s everything in the rotation.

What I does make me worry is that the Spurs have had several terrible FA periods in a row. When does it stop being "bad luck" and start being incompetence. To me, Wombat's contract was incompetence. Getting F'ed on the Kwitter trade was par for the course (and "bad luck" due to his "group" picking damaging the franchise to force their way out), but throwing in Green, essentially for free was incompetence. Morris (and the Bertans trade) may have been "bad luck", but Demarre Carroll (and Rudy Gay) is incompetence... A franchise is a three legged stool a) Drafting, b) Free Agency and c) Trades - if one leg goes rotten, the stool collapses. Our FA work has been terrible for several offseasons in a row now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sad thing is, if they had done that there would have been people insisting that his injury was so bad that he had to sit out the second season too.
    I think the Spurs would be en led to an independent medical exam at that point -- if Kawhi passed and didn't play, he would forfeit salary. (At least that's what I understand Article 6.1 of the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement to provide.)

The Spurs could have pushed the issue and insisted upon their rights but didn't. They traded Kawhi instead, likely for PR reasons regarding the franchise and its reputation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And this is why I was crying repeatedly to trade him at the deadline and yes even for Wiggins if it was ever available. I would take Wiggins on this team with his contract in a heartbeat over this dude. How the Spurs didn't try and turn him into an asset at the deadline makes no sense. ...

According to rumor that was posted, they did try. No luck.

Maybe the rumor was untrue, and was only something circulated to try to sooth unhappy fans. Who knows.

How much would YOU pay for DDR, if you were a GM around the league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is so much work that needs to be done to build anything remotely compe ive around DDR that the act of signing him alone takes away from that possibility.

Couple that with the fact heavy trades would need to happen and evidently no one on SA has good value, how on Earth could you expect to retool the team while signing DeRozan?

I love how people act like giving DeRozan 3/80 or 4/100 is some sort of value ? Oh, so multiple more years of this as he ages and gets worse while making over 20+M???

If you aren’t just going by what stupid teams do and by his old value/contract, NOTHING about DDR says he’s worth that money. Taking slightly less per year isn’t a value; he should be making significantly less especially if the argument is he has no trade value.

But DDR isn’t black and white. Spurs were a proud franchise who won 50+ games and les. They are now behind every single team in their division and their floor (the point of having vets like DDR/LMA) is no higher than those teams and their ceiling is SIGNIFICANTLY worse.

So for SA situation there is no point (beyond that amount of work it would take that SA isn’t capable of to rebuild around DDR in the next 3/4 years) in paying DDR anymore money. They need to get more young talent, more flexibility and plan this out.

For some other teams (CHA, ORL, NY, etc..)? They would be thrilled just to make the playoffs. So that is a situation, with context, where DDR would have value. And yes, there, probably paying him 3/75 makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got the kicked out of me in another thread, and now I'm terminally butthurt!

Sucks to be you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice how no one is on your side...

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If Spurs let him walk then that Kawhi/Derozen trade will go down as the worst trade of all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs let him walk then that Kawhi/Derozen trade will go down as the worst trade of all time
    Its already up there. Giving him more money is the only thing that makes it worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a lying, butthurt dip .

Thanks for sharing.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love demars offensive game. hes not as bad on defense as he used to be and so good for him for working on that. demar is better than any of our young players (both now and potentially)

that said ... bye

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for sharing.
    How would you do that? DDR has a player option for $27.7 million. How do you plan to persuade him in favor of an s-and-t? Then, how do you convince anybody that he's worth more than $27.7 mil?
    Well yeah. If he opts out this Summer it’s because he thinks he will get a large deal (he will). So it makes no difference to him. He can get as much in a S&T as he can in free agency so it makes a lot of sense.

He will still get to choose his team.
    Then he's out $27.7 million.

Who is going to pay him more?

Name that team.
    It’s not just about the annual number, it’s about guaranteed money.

I can see SA themselves paying him 3/75M. But it’s hard to project exactly who will have cap space right now because there are a lot of variables. But Miami and Detroit are two East teams that have a path to max contracts and would be suitors (already linked to DeRozan via trade) that make a lot of sense.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Wat a joke. Spurs should of traded this loser when they had the chance. Now its extend or probably lose derozan for nothing .

Everything about that kawhi deal just fcked the spurs in everyway
    Uncle Dennis ended Poop

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Ok, it's time to piss everyone off. For the right price, I'd be willing to extend Demar. The right price being 3yrs at <$80m, or 4 yrs at < $100m... As FkLA noted, to my eye, the big problems have been Form and Beli ( I am willing to give Wombat a partial pass, yes his contract was terrible, but he's an acceptable NBA player, unlike Forms and Beli). We keep on running "shooters" who a) can't defend and b) are terribly inconsistent. It s everything in the rotation.

What I does make me worry is that the Spurs have had several terrible FA periods in a row. When does it stop being "bad luck" and start being incompetence. To me, Wombat's contract was incompetence. Getting F'ed on the Kwitter trade was par for the course (and "bad luck" due to his "group" picking damaging the franchise to force their way out), but throwing in Green, essentially for free was incompetence. Morris (and the Bertans trade) may have been "bad luck", but Demarre Carroll (and Rudy Gay) is incompetence... A franchise is a three legged stool a) Drafting, b) Free Agency and c) Trades - if one leg goes rotten, the stool collapses. Our FA work has been terrible for several offseasons in a row now...
    ...that started with the Gasol/Wombat re-signing while Kiwi was on the squad. He did to the Sperms/ tyFO what Ice Cube did to NWA/Ruthless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really am just a stupid, lying, butthurt fool.

That's the way it goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the way it goes.
    This......is just sad. I mean, it’s not a big deal was just poking fun since you are kind of jerky. All love though - I will leave you alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really am just a butthurt nitwit.

At least you're facing reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still boggles my mind, those Patty and Pau contracts. And as I recall, the offer and agreement happened right at midnight of free agency...they just couldn't wait to wrap those bad boys up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, it's time to piss everyone off. For the right price, I'd be willing to extend Demar. The right price being 3yrs at <$80m, or 4 yrs at < $100m...

Since DDR has a player option for $27.7 million, he won't take less than that, from the Spurs, for next season. His agent would whomp him senseless with a clipboard.

I suppose the Spurs decided to trade Kawhi for DDR because DDR offered 20 points per game. That's turned out to be correct. He does provide 20 ppg, very reliably, and even a bit more. The problem is with the other baggage you get with DDR. Perhaps Pop thought the Spurs system, and culture, could handle the rest of it. No such luck.

The only way it might make sense to keep DDR, beyond next season, would be to offer him a two-year deal at $12 million per, to be part of the bench unit. If he didn't like that, goodbye.

But I'd prefer to tell him goodbye, anyway. Whatever the future may hold, it's time to move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s doing it again! Stop it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i wonder what the spurs plan b for kawhi was. if TOR wouldn’t move demar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still wish they would have just told Leonard to sit out the season again. But we have to get something for him

Making him waste a second prime year of his career for ing the Spurs over would have been so much better than getting Poetl
    Actually if that happened Kawhi would've still been under contract as opposed to becoming a free agent because he chose to sit out an entire season. He would've screwed up his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gtfoh... He isn't a spur and should have never been traded for

Thread Information