Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope I’m wrong but 4/52 for White sounds way to low. If he makes less then dejounte I’ll be thrilled & surprised

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DDR will opt in, unless there is a Deal. He is 31, he wont get another big contract anymore, so why not at least cash one big year in. Also the bubble showed how the spurs can be succesful with DDR. LMA is a great player, but it is clear now, that his style of play combined with Forbes was not good for the Spurs.

If PATFO are smart: They trade LMA, dont resign Forbes, let DDR opt in or have reasonable contract (which would be below of what he earns now) and look what the Market wants to give for poeltl. If its reasonable, match the offer, otherwise look for a replacement (maybe during a trade with LMA). With a core of: White, Murray, Johnson, Walker and veterans like DDR and Gay, the future does not look grim. If they can keep Poeltl and Lyles for a reasonable Price, than you have your frontcourt. Eubanks showed he can be a backup. With that you have your 9-man Rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah if the Spurs were smart they would trade Patty Mills ASAP cause ain't no undersized scrub who's only skill is 3-point shooting getting paid anything close to 13.5 million per year. But they won't do it cause he's the "culture" guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you really want to understand how dumb this front office is think about this:

They are paying 42.3 million for 3 bench players next season (Mills, Gay, Murray - yeah Murray is a bench player, he shouldn't start) plus 6 million for a player who plays for Houston. That's 44% of the salary cap tied up for 4 players who can't start. That's the real problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re not necessarily over the tax, but I have them right at it. There are a lot of guys that will never play for the team that they can renounce, and pretty save to assume Forbes and/or Beli will be gone too.

I’m at $132 million with 12 roster spots filled:
    - Retain Aldridge / Gay / Murray / Mills / Lyles / Walker / Saminic / Johnson / White
    - QO hold for Poeltl
    - DeRozan opts in
    - 11th pick is more expensive than 19th they have modeled
    - Dump Metu (non-guaranteed) and all other holds besides Poeltl
    - Dead money to Carroll
    I did forget that the pick was included in the roster already. So it's three spots for $6 Million. More doable, but it still decreases the odds for the Spurs to sign a good forward to replace Beli or a shooter for Forbes. That the Spurs choose not to stretch Carroll's money does imply they're prepared to make it work. Maybe this bubble changed that?

A flat cap will likely mean a really bad market for Poeltl, and he may play out the QO or hopefully take a number starting in the high-seven figures for year one. Does he generate interest on the full MLE?
    If we're talking Poeltl making high-seven figures (which to me would be like $8 Million and higher), then the rest of the math gets blown up. The Spurs would be hard pressed to afford that while keeping Lyles. I also question if Poeltl is worth that much with LMA still on the team. It wouldn't shock me to see Poe get a big chunk of the MLE, but it would surprise me if his market were that high.

Some other maneuvering may be needed to stay under the tax if we get no bump. The Spurs are not going to pay the tax with this roster.
    I agree. Just saying that DeRozan opting out and re-upping is a big part of that maneuvering.

Also, if they end up winning the lottery, that’s a good problem to have. You can figure it out later and stay below the tax. If that means trading Mills or Gay, you do it
    Well yeah, you don't refuse the top pick to keep Gay or Mills... But I'm way less confident that the Spurs could get savings for one or those guys without paying for it with draft compensation. If they win the draft, there's a good chance they'd pick Wiseman, which could mean Poeltl and/or Lyles is gone. That's simplest for sure. But I'd rather them stretch Gay than give a team a first to take him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I am trying to acquire draft draft picks I am not selling out the future just to keep Forbes. Lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Spurs need to give up a 1st to trade Gay? I’ve seen a ton of Warriors Fans talking about them using their exception on him and GIVING us a 2nd. Also can’t you trade a player for player who makes a littles less? Wouldn’t that create a little room too (again without giving up any picks or even them giving us a 2nd depending on how bad that other player is)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Spurs need to give up a 1st to trade Gay? I’ve seen a ton of Warriors Fans talking about them using their exception on him and GIVING us a 2nd. Also can’t you trade a player for player who makes a littles less? Wouldn’t that create a little room too (again without giving up any picks or even them giving us a 2nd depending on how bad that other player is)
    If their fans are as out of touch with their FO as Spurs fans are, this is a pipe dream.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well yeah, you don't refuse the top pick to keep Gay or Mills... But I'm way less confident that the Spurs could get savings for one or those guys without paying for it with draft compensation. If they win the draft, there's a good chance they'd pick Wiseman, which could mean Poeltl and/or Lyles is gone. That's simplest for sure. But I'd rather them stretch Gay than give a team a first to take him.
    That's what I want to happen more than anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't have to give up a first to move Gay. Plenty of teams would like to have him come off the bench and his contract is expiring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't have to give up a first to move Gay. Plenty of teams would like to have him come off the bench and his contract is expiring.
    I don’t think you’d have to give up a first if trading Gay. But you’d have to give up a first to trade Gay into cap space and take nothing back. The two are very different concepts, so think you’re both right.

Might be a trade where the Spurs are taking back some salary but not to Gay’s level with minimal draft compensation coming back to them.

I actually wouldn’t be upset to see a deal where they used Gay and took back a lesser piece (hopefully also expiring) that cost less + allowed them to move up a few spots in the draft. If the Knicks were at 8 or 9 and not 6, I could see something where the Spurs sent them Gay and took back a negative expiring contract like Ellington in order to move up AND shed some salary. But that requires a lot of things to fall into place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that deadline came and went. Was there any clarification on this.

In case folks were wondering, the difference between player options and early termination options is that POs extend the contract a year while ETO's truncate the contract by a year. The upshot is that if for some reason DeRozan's deadline was last week and his agent was an idiot or whatever and forgot to tell him, DMDR is a free agent now. You have to opt into a PO, whereas you opt out of an ETO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DAY AFTER the Draft on 16th of October
    That's an old tweet. SI said the option deadline was much up for non-playoff teams. Maybe SI was the wrong one, because I haven't heard of any options between exercised or declined.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way to push DDR in deciding ? I undertand that he could receive a last minute offer somewhere but its also true that if, as it appears more than probable, his best interest will be to opt in, its his interest too, after a failed play off run, to put the team in the best situation for choosing the future...included the chance of trade talks regarding him and a possible contender/team inclined to re sign him at a good contract per year amount...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that deadline came and went. Was there any clarification on this.

In case folks were wondering, the difference between player options and early termination options is that POs extend the contract a year while ETO's truncate the contract by a year. The upshot is that if for some reason DeRozan's deadline was last week and his agent was an idiot or whatever and forgot to tell him, DMDR is a free agent now. You have to opt into a PO, whereas you opt out of an ETO.
    That's an old tweet. SI said the option deadline was much up for non-playoff teams. Maybe SI was the wrong one, because I haven't heard of any options between exercised or declined.
    So any update/clarification on if it was indeed missed or is still Oct 17?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So any update/clarification on if it was indeed missed or is still Oct 17?
    I'm guessing that was part of the two sides pushing the CBA opt out back a couple of months.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing that was part of the two sides pushing the CBA opt out back a couple of months.
    We are getting close. I wonder what plans the front office has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last reported date for DeRozan opt-in/out was Oct. 13th (Spotrac is saying the 17th). Of course things might have changed with the uncertainty of start date of 2021 season.

Oct. 13

• DeMar DeRozan, Spurs: $27.7 million (player option; if the Spurs do not make the playoffs, the option date will be moved to seven days after their last game)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought I read somewhere he won't make his decision until sometime after free agency starts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please let him go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why am I a doink? I didn't ask to be bolded. I would be unbolded if I had a choice. Love you TheDrewShow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go look at Demar Instagram lmao no doubt he’s referring to that report

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go look at Demar Instagram lmao no doubt he’s referring to that report
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=287522

MUST BE TUESDAY.....

There are levels to this , and NONE O'you donks, Doinks spergs and sperms are on MY LEVEL.
    NASpurs @ZeusWillJudge Dejounte lefty and all the other OG Bolded DOINKS...

Good we don't want you here.

Thread Information