Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bye Demar. Watch the door doesn’t hit you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A S&T that would allow us to get anything at all back for DeRozan would be good, but at this point it's just a net positive to get rid of him even if we gain nothing back. Get the ball to the young players, put them together on the court with a good development coach, and play out next season to see what you have in them. Who's to be replaced and who built around. Can't wait to see it...
    If the Knicks rumor is true then they'd need an S&T to get him but outside of Julius Randle there are not decent players that the Spurs would want.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me there is no good reason to bring him back. Don't get me wrong he is a very good player, but at best he is a harden or Westbrook lite lite player and teams led by those 2 are not even close to any championship. If we are contented to just be in playoff, I felt that with Murray, White, Walker and KJ we would have enough with a few more decent players to be there. Thus throwing 20+, 30M a year at DDR just does not make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be the worst sports day if Hopkins got traded and DeRozan and spurs agree to a max extension

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derozan's reign of terror on spurs continues

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defense is too inefficient. Offense is streaky and limited because he has no 3 pointer. He's worth $18M/yr tops.
    This. Off the bench, instant scorer and playmaker is the role best suited for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idgaf about DeRozan tbh. We could have Kawhi back and it wouldn’t matter as long as we are starting Bryn ing Forbes. Forbes is the one who I’m hoping is gone. DeRozan is on the back burner for me until I know the Bryn situation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idgaf about DeRozan tbh. We could have Kawhi back and it wouldn’t matter as long as we are starting Bryn ing Forbes. Forbes is the one who I’m hoping is gone. DeRozan is on the back burner for me until I know the Bryn situation
    I'm pretty sure this season has been almost all about Derozan's trade/free agent value. Unfortunately we just suck this year and starting Bryn is a big reason plus White/Lonnie/Murray combination of injury/injury-prone/being too young this year. Bryn still spreads the floor better and allows Demar's numbers to look better which gives the Spurs a better chance at trading him for some value. One of the weirdest transition years but getting a lottery pick on top of some already decent prospects is semi-decent transition compared to those weird 76ers and Phoenix rebuilding years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea!!! Let’s max the out of him because this 30 game win team is ing badass bruhhh!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dema...033013924.html

Makes it sound like DeMar will opt in now due to corona, dropping basketball income, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dema...033013924.html

Makes it sound like DeMar will opt in now due to corona, dropping basketball income, etc
    Spurs

can’t get rid of Pop
    can’t get rid of Aldridge
    cant get rid of Derozen
    won’t get rid of Forbes
    made Patty team culture spokesman, so he ain’t going anywhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be a huge expiring trade boat at deadline or beginning of season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really one of the few who would be OK with a 3/75 extension? The 2021 FA class? No one would sign with us even when we were good . . .
    its not about signing anybody in 2021, its about moving the on form him and his overpaid contract and rebuilding with youth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Off the bench, instant scorer and playmaker is the role best suited for him.
    exactly but his ego can't take it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I predict DeMar opts in. And then leaves as a free agent the following year. I'm good with that. He will have to establish his value, so he will play hard next year. But he is off the Spurs timeline now. They are better off going into rebuilt because he isn't good enough to make them contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fckn got only staying for the money...hopefully spurs dump his ass to the east

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fckn got only staying for the money...hopefully spurs dump his ass to the east
    So silly. Why be mad at DeRozan for choosing to get his money on a perfectly valid contract?

He didn’t ask to be traded. You want to be mad? Be mad at the brain trust of Pop, RC and Brian Wright for agreeing and pursuing that trade.

1) It’s his money and there is zero wrong with staying for the money. Beyond that, it’s not like he’s a bad person and causing public waves/issues. He’s been a good teammate and while I don’t like his game overall, he’s done what he can do. If he were being a d*ck? Sure, I can understand being mad. But he’s just doing what any rational person may do - explore his options.

2) Spurs if they don’t like it can control the situation. They choose NOT to trade him at the last deadline. Again, all angry arrows point back to Pop, RC and Brian Wright for their horrific handling of the trade (not the Kawhi part, but what they targeted and pursued and agreed to). If he does not opt out? They can trade him if they have the wherewithal to do so and he has absolutely zero say.

But this is all about the Spurs. Be mad at them, not DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So silly. Why be mad at DeRozan for choosing to get his money on a perfectly valid contract?

He didn’t ask to be traded. You want to be mad? Be mad at the brain trust of Pop, RC and Brian Wright for agreeing and pursuing that trade.

1) It’s his money and there is zero wrong with staying for the money. Beyond that, it’s not like he’s a bad person and causing public waves/issues. He’s been a good teammate and while I don’t like his game overall, he’s done what he can do. If he were being a d*ck? Sure, I can understand being mad. But he’s just doing what any rational person may do - explore his options.

2) Spurs if they don’t like it can control the situation. They choose NOT to trade him at the last deadline. Again, all angry arrows point back to Pop, RC and Brian Wright for their horrific handling of the trade (not the Kawhi part, but what they targeted and pursued and agreed to). If he does not opt out? They can trade him if they have the wherewithal to do so and he has absolutely zero say.

But this is all about the Spurs. Be mad at them, not DDR.

Fck him,and his game,tbh. I hate his emo personality,and constant whining on the court. His hero ball/choking,and being able to let players get in his head so easily.Every spur player is a good teammate,wtf does that matter? Obviously the spurs fo is at fault,but they aint going anywhere so we might as well dump decancer

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really hoping he goes to the Nets in a trade. They are looking for a third star and if he was ok with it could sign an extension still get this money and be traded. I dont want us to trade him just to trade him but I think we could get a good trade from them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really hoping he goes to the Nets in a trade. They are looking for a third star and if he was ok with it could sign an extension still get this money and be traded. I dont want us to trade him just to trade him but I think we could get a good trade from them.
    That actually wouldn't be a bad spot for him. Somewhere he would fit into a clear third option role. Very few places could accommodate him, maybe the warriors with Curry and Thompson able to cover for his lack of 3 point shooting. Problem is he is such a defensive zero, no outside shot and despite having all the tools being such a non-factor on defense is downright criminal for how much he makes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That actually wouldn't be a bad spot for him. Somewhere he would fit into a clear third option role. Very few places could accommodate him, maybe the warriors with Curry and Thompson able to cover for his lack of 3 point shooting. Problem is he is such a defensive zero, no outside shot and despite having all the tools being such a non-factor on defense is downright criminal for how much he makes.
    He also would be with 3 good shooters in Durant Irving and either harris or levert. Only non shooter he would be with would be Jordan. He can also handle the ball when Irving is not in the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also would be with 3 good shooters in Durant Irving and either harris or levert. Only non shooter he would be with would be Jordan. He can also handle the ball when Irving is not in the game.
    DeRozan can't be a third option because of inability to space the floor (or even attempt to). He's also a poor defender and their core isn't exactly teeming with stout defenders.

Also, why would they limit the amount of on ball time two clearly superior offensive options receive in order to accommodate a pseudo star?

The only teams he's a potential fit for, are wannabe "compe ive" types in non glamour markets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    covid strikes again

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan can't be a third option because of inability to space the floor (or even attempt to). He's also a poor defender and their core isn't exactly teeming with stout defenders.

Also, why would they limit the amount of on ball time two clearly superior offensive options receive in order to accommodate a pseudo star?

The only teams he's a potential fit for, are wannabe "compe ive" types in non glamour markets.
    I dont see why he cant be a third option without shooting the 3. I agree that he is not a floor spacer but he still has value and could be on a good team.

I also think his poor defense is overblown. This may be because I think he is far better then forbes. I would not cal him a good defender but I would not call him a poor defender either.

They will still need to share the ball and durant and irving will not play 48 min a game. It would not surprise me for them to both miss time again next year but I bet the Nets would not plan on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see why he cant be a third option without shooting the 3. I agree that he is not a floor spacer but he still has value and could be on a good team.

I also think his poor defense is overblown. This may be because I think he is far better then forbes. I would not cal him a good defender but I would not call him a poor defender either.

They will still need to share the ball and durant and irving will not play 48 min a game. It would not surprise me for them to both miss time again next year but I bet the Nets would not plan on this.
    Nope, he's bad defender and has been for his career. This season he ranked 91st out of 98th in DRPM among SF's.

Thread Information