Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far the flu is much more devastating in death then the Chinese Virus is a little different then the flu in that it seems to not target children and women for some reason as much as men. Also it is slightly more dangerous for older family members almost all deaths have been over 80 years old and compromised immune system. If your in good health I would not worry but I would only travel we’re I could good healthcare. I have heard from a few dr friends that it should slow down as the high temperatures of summer hit. A Dr. friend of mine in Panama said they are one of a few countries with no virus outbreaks.
    I was really hoping that would be the case but an infectious disease expert who Joe Rogan was interviewing threw cold water all over that idea by saying it's unlikely since high temperatures didn't really seem to slow down other coronaviruses like SARS and MERS. It really sounds like it's just going to run through the population until it infects enough people to not be very successful replicating and transmitting. Hence the projections of 40% to 70% of the world getting it.

The Chinese government made us a huge sandwich and we're all taking a bite.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people are morons
    where i am as in Western Australia , one person got it Iran, she flew back suspecting she may have it , got tested then went to a concert while waiting for her results. which got confirmed a day later.

Sadly you cant stop the stupid or the selfish. She may have been talking to someone like Oldrun and thought what the does it matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks china!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where i am as in Western Australia , one person got it Iran, she flew back suspecting she may have it , got tested then went to a concert while waiting for her results. which got confirmed a day later.

Sadly you cant stop the stupid or the selfish. She may have been talking to someone like Oldrun and thought what the does it matter.
    just like the dmb ass they released in sa who still was infected....gee i might be carrying a potential deadly virus and was just released, i know what ill do! Go shopping

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, obviously he shouldn't have been there.

His son apparently said on Snapchat that he was released from the hospital. So hopefully he doesn't have it.
    Really hoping (for obvious reasons) he doesn’t either. That’s what’s scary - I don’t know what it would take for me to think “damn I may have this”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really hoping (for obvious reasons) he doesn’t either. That’s what’s scary - I don’t know what it would take for me to think “damn I may have this”.
    A cough and fever probably

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A cough and fever probably
    Maybe. But I can see a lot of people, not in an area with many known cases, getting sick and not thinking it’s any difference from any other cold/flu they’ve gotten.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noooooooooo, not the G-league!
    Chumpdumper in shambles.

The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Influenza a is not the common cold. smh

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fred has/had, the flu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As it should be, Boban drops 31 & 17 in the final ever NBA game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putting this out there without an caveat, is criminally irresponsible.

If you smoke, if you vape, if you wake and BAKE and are young you're going to have a lower favorable outcome from an infection than if you don't smoke, vape, and wake and bake even if you are young.
    I smoke cigs smoke weed and haven't had the flew or a cold in 30 years.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Italy has gone from 2 cases on January 30 to 12,462 as of March 12--so 6 weeks. The real fear is the infected patients overloading the healthcare system (as is happening in Italy now). The observed infection is doubling every 5-7 days--it only takes 10 iterations (50 to 70 days) to get to ~1,000x; in reality, it takes less than 10 iterations for the total to get to 1,000x since you're adding previous iterations. I believe there are only about million hospital beds in the US, of which about 2/3rds are typically occupied. That leaves about 300,000 beds. Once all these beds are taken, the health system will have difficulty responding to any other medical needs--and it won't take long to get to that saturation point if the infection is not curbed ASAP. FYI, in NY, 1 guy has ended up infecting ~70-80 people--so it's highly infectious.

Another way of looking at the severity of this: Once China decided to implement its quarantine, their economic output declined by about 40%. China voluntarily took 40% hit on its economy to curb this outbreak. And Italy is shutting down the entire country for minimum of 2 weeks to curb this outbreak.
    Last edited by toki9; 03-12-2020 at 02:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If any of those reporters test positive he's gonna get sued and possibly face jail time.
    There is no proof he had it at that time. There is probably no link between him touching those mics and him being sick. He is the just the first player DECLARED positive, that doesn’t mean he is the first player to have it, he might have got it from another player or staff member.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only one outbreak here in Ukraine so far (and that was a person who'd just traveled from Italy) but even so most public events and schools are being shut down. Ukraine would do very poorly (despite good medical knowledge) if it really started raging here.

May have to stay inside for a few weeks. Hey, it worked in Poe's Masque of the Red Death, didn't it?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only one outbreak here in Ukraine so far (and that was a person who'd just traveled from Italy) but even so most public events and schools are being shut down. Ukraine would do very poorly (despite good medical knowledge) if it really started raging here.

May have to stay inside for a few weeks. Hey, it worked in Poe's Masque of the Red Death, didn't it?
    What does it matter shutting down public events if you are going to get sick at work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no proof he had it at that time. There is probably no link between him touching those mics and him being sick. He is the just the first player DECLARED positive, that doesn’t mean he is the first player to have it, he might have got it from another player or staff member.
    In doubt, always blame the French.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In doubt, always blame the French.
    I’m French so allow me to disagree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We may have just possibly witnessed Demar's last game as a Spur

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here in my city a doctor brought it cause the moron went skiing in italy. And after he came back he worked like a normal person for a week before he got a positive result for corona. The re probably got 20+ people infected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing moron was probably touching everything he could everywhere he went.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There is no if. Ukraine won't be spared any more than any of the rest of us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We may have just possibly witnessed Demar's last game as a Spur
    The season's over. Sadly he might keep his option since you gotta think revenues are going to tank with the season and playoffs called off, and hence the cap being lowered for next season. I can't imagine ABC + TNT don't have some kind of clause in their TV contracts calling for them to not pay when games aren't played.

Thread Information