Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that the nba should call their season. With the rest of the country suffering, I think it will be a public nightmare for the NBA. It will blow up in their face. They already are on the naughty list for doing testing while the rest of the country could not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ. 45 million people dead globally?

Its the new spanish flu. We are all ed

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Its the new spanish flu. We are all ed
    As long as people go to the beach like in Florida, i believe the number of 45 Million is rather conservative. Dont think this will only be a few months. The Spanish Flu ravaged for 3 years!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, up to now everyone has gotten medical care but soon you won't have beds and the the lethality could rise as the care gets worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 03-19-2020 at 06:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No saints hc has tested positive as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is crazy... I got an employee that's been sick with a bad cough, 101 fever, chills, shortness of breath. We forced him home with a paid 2 week leave and to get a corona virus test. He tried but was denied due to the fact he has not been in communication with anyone who traveled abroad...

I told him to get a regular flu test which he did and it came out negative.... But the doctor still would not approve him to get the coronavirus test even though there are already cases of community spread here in San antonio.

They simply WILL NOT TEST YOU even if you have all the symptoms. This virus must be much more widespread than we know if it is that hard to get tested is all i gotta say...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is crazy... I got an employee that's been sick with a bad cough, 101 fever, chills, shortness of breath. We forced him home with a paid 2 week leave and to get a corona virus test. He tried but was denied due to the fact he has not been in communication with anyone who traveled abroad...

I told him to get a regular flu test which he did and it came out negative.... But the doctor still would not approve him to get the coronavirus test even though there are already cases of community spread here in San antonio.

They simply WILL NOT TEST YOU even if you have all the symptoms. This virus must be much more widespread than we know if it is that hard to get tested is all i gotta say...
    Did he try going to Labcorp???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he try going to Labcorp???
    This is a quote from the labcorp website

"As a reminder, LabCorp does not collect specimens for the test. Patients for whom testing has been ordered should not be sent to LabCorp location to have a specimen collected. Instead, an appropriate specimen must be collected at the healthcare facility where the patient was seen and the test was ordered. The specimen should be sent to the companies using standard procedures. Test results will be available in 3-4 days from the pickup of the specimen to release of the test result."

The doctors will not order the test unless you have traveled abroad, or had contact with an already diagnosed case or you are hospitalized.

This virus will rape our country if this is how we are going to respond... its incompetence of the highest order.
    Last edited by SpurSpike; 03-20-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way to contain it is like a fire no oxygen no flame which means everyone staying home for a couple of weeks. That’s why in Iran 1 person is dying from the virus every 10 minutes cause people won’t listen they still going out even though thousands of people have died.

It won’t matter how many test you do if you don’t isolate the virus will continue to spread. The way China stopped it was extreme isolation and the way South Korea dealt with it was testing with extreme isolation.
    Last edited by BackHome; 03-20-2020 at 06:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way to contain it is like a fire no oxygen no flame which means everyone staying home for a couple of weeks. That’s why in Iran 1 person is dying from the virus every 10 minutes cause people won’t listen they still going out even though thousands of people have died.

It won’t matter how many test you do if you don’t isolate the virus will continue to spread. The way China stopped it was extreme isolation and the way South Korea dealt with it was testing with extreme isolation.
    A couple of weeks? China and Korea have been on lockdown for a couple of MONTHS, complete lockdown, and their curves are just starting to flatten. It’s going to run wild here, and the worst case for fatalities will likely be reached, like 2M.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't like China's action at all. They're treating it like a virus that can be eradicated. It's everywhere in the world and their method is short-sighted, as eventually it's going to have to work its way through their population until either it has infected 40% to 70% and finished quick spreading or they get a working vaccine.

I think we shouldn't starve the virus. We should just try as much as we can to slow it's growth so that the population can get it over the months without completely overwhelming our hospitals so that our mortality rate doesn't e to longterm. Right now it's most likely too late to not have that happen for the next few weeks but my hope is the social distancing and shutting down of nonessential business lets us spread this infection over longer time frames going forward. At some point probably enough of the population will have it that it makes sense to reopen the country and let the virus finish burning through our population, because of the way infection curves drop off very quickly once a lot of the population has either recovered or died.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think US is easier and harder by the size of our country and the size of major cities. I agree the major cities are going to have to stop all incoming air traffic and only essential people working for a month or so beyond that you will have more death from people going crazy tearing the city apart. But in a lot of rural area life will go on as normal....why did I move
    to the big city. Smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's hard to get tested because there just aren't enough tests available right now.

How long has he been feeling that way? The shortness of breath could just be paranoia if he just barely started showing symptoms. From my understanding 80 percent of people who get the virus will show little to no symptoms. Others will get sick but can recover on their own, just have to let it run its course like you would with the normal flu. The key is if on the 7th/8th day you don't start feeling better, and instead start getting worse (difficulty breathing) then you need to go to the hospital.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ. 45 million people dead globally?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are deluded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-21-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

By spreading Disinformation and conspiracy Theories you are a danger to your community. This is no joke, people could die because of that. You should be arrested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information