Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what happens when this is inevitably still going on by January?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what happens when this is inevitably still going on by January?
    Yup. Just saw that even the white house is having trouble containing this virus and they do random weekly testing of absolutely everyone who works there and have done daily testing of key personnel, and that is of the quick acting test.

That should be chilling for the NBA. If there is a situation that is as close to a bubble that you can get it's the white house because of the "leadership" implications.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again just cancel the damn season fans won’t be allowed in arena and those 30 million unemployed are canceling there Direct Tv/Tv so no one is going to watch it either. Damn I am lucky I still have a job but I canceled mine no sports no new content not worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Cuban said during an interview on Monday that members of the Mavericks are looking into several changes in policies on how to safely get fans into the American Airlines Center and keep them safe once they're seated, assuming the league returns to play in front of fans at some point.

Ideas being discussed include staggered arrival times, assigned parking spaces with unique pathways to the arena, sneeze guards and lightweight hoodies so that if "somebody two rows behind you sneezes, you're not freaked out," Cuban said. “It may take a little bit longer for everybody to get into their seats to start the game, but we’ll accommodate that and go from there.” We still don't know if the current season will ever be completed, or if fans in the stands for next season is even a possibility. But when the time finally comes for arenas to open again, it sounds like the Mavericks will be ready.

so were going to have to mask&glove up with hoodies and sneeze guards all around us to watch sports?! Uh GospursGo
    Last edited by slick'81; 05-11-2020 at 11:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberate the nba!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Cuban said during an interview on Monday that members of the Mavericks are looking into several changes in policies on how to safely get fans into the American Airlines Center and keep them safe once they're seated, assuming the league returns to play in front of fans at some point.

Ideas being discussed include staggered arrival times, assigned parking spaces with unique pathways to the arena, sneeze guards and lightweight hoodies so that if "somebody two rows behind you sneezes, you're not freaked out," Cuban said. “It may take a little bit longer for everybody to get into their seats to start the game, but we’ll accommodate that and go from there.” We still don't know if the current season will ever be completed, or if fans in the stands for next season is even a possibility. But when the time finally comes for arenas to open again, it sounds like the Mavericks will be ready.

so were going to have to mask&glove up with hoodies and sneeze guards all around us to watch sports?! Uh GospursGo
    Would anyone here in SA actually enjoy driving out to the ghetto and do all of this just to watch the Spurs big 3 of Aldridge, DePression, and Bryn Forbes. And this is after you break the bank on tickets, parking, food and drinks (which brings it's own set of issues), etc?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I once went to that ghetto looking for an ATM for parking.....I don't know what I was thinking.��

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball...dlines/9637046

LeBron James, Chris Paul, Anthony Davis and other NBA stars held a private conference call on Monday and established a 'united front' to push to resume the 2019-20 NBA season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would anyone here in SA actually enjoy driving out to the ghetto and do all of this just to watch the Spurs big 3 of Aldridge, DePression, and Bryn Forbes. And this is after you break the bank on tickets, parking, food and drinks (which brings it's own set of issues), etc?

Thats my point. Is it really worth all that trouble just watch a basketball game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LeBron James, Chris Paul, Anthony Davis and other NBA stars held a private conference call on Monday and established a 'united front' to push to resume the 2019-20 NBA season.
    They want to get paid. A cancellation must affect the pockets in some way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The National Basketball Players Association sent a memo to agents stating that the sense is that both the players and the NBA would like to finish the 2019-20 season.

Agents were also informed that Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Jayson Tatum, Kyle Lowry and Dwight Powell are serving on a new committee that will work with the NBA on potential plans to be able to play safely with the threat of Covid19. It sounds like soccer is planning to start in early July, baseball is rumored to be doing the same, the NFL appears to be all systems go this fall and NASCAR is returning this weekend. It's previously been reported that the NBA won't likely make a decision about returning until June, but these latest developments could potentially change that date.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want LeBron to get closure....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what happens if a few star players start getting hurt. I know they are talking about a 3 week warmup period but I am guessing once that is over they will go straight into PO. The star players (especially older) take weeks into the season before they are warmed up. Not only that they will be playing some b2b I am guessing to try and get it done. So you are going to have players not used to the rigor of playing jumping straight into playing very compe ive basketball with little to no rest in between. This is increasing the risk for players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron wants his shot at a ring

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    all the players they asked are on teams in POs. so it seems like the season would be truncated and go straight to POs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like those in play off contention want to resume the season. Those that are lottery bound do not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The stars may front the union, but they don’t run it. Everything comes down to a vote, and there are many more minimum salary guys than guys making 30m or more. The lower earners tend to save more. They won’t be desperate to go back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like those in play off contention want to resume the season. Those that are lottery bound do not.

If you arent playing for anything wtf is the point

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you arent playing for anything wtf is the point
    Cash money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ah yes. The great motivator

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just do it, who gives a at this point especially if they're playing in an empty centralized location.

Thread Information