Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Sports & Entertainment employees are working from home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly don't see a scenario where the season is truncated and all RS games are not played.

Too unfair, there would be too many teams complaining, specially with different schedules. What would be the value of the PO and the le then? Not to mention money issues ofc.

As far as SA chances being "slim" even before the crisis... I'm not so sure. A win against MEM and they were only 2 games behind in the loss column with another 18 games then to be played and the Grizz with a much harder schedule.

With Aldridge returning and what they showed against Dallas... who knows?
    Last edited by JPB; 03-13-2020 at 03:50 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great stuff OP. Many thanks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    playoff streak not impacted

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe White, Murray, Walker and KJ can practice more 3 ball and when season resumes Forbes can starts from the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there's no lockout, so there's nothing to stop Pop from getting some coaching in, even if it's just over the phone. Still, gotta hope the season is done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can imagine some crazy stuff going to happen in the NBA. Silver has made or wants to make game changing decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if the playoffs is every team, best our of 3 and a big * on the le

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The streak is absolutely over. No one is giving us benefit of the doubt here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there's no lockout, so there's nothing to stop Pop from getting some coaching in, even if it's just over the phone. Still, gotta hope the season is done.
    As if Flopovich's coaching has a positive impact he had all season plus preseason to coach them and look what he has done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I Don’t think the streak is intact although to each their own. They were not a good team and are headed for the lottery and likely will pick there. Although how the league will address the draft specifically is still unknown. As much as the playoffs were still undecided (and seeding for teams already ahead) so were lottery slots and that’s more significant for the Spurs.

Actually making the playoffs is the an hesis of picking in the lottery.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has been a horrible season for the Spurs and this cancellation is the icing on the cake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp - let’s say Derozan does not decline his option. If SA was not going to extend him, that doesn’t change. So what’s the plan then? Run this same team back??? Or do they need to trade him?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the streak lives! fuk an asterisk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can imagine some crazy stuff going to happen in the NBA. Silver has made or wants to make game changing decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if the playoffs is every team, best our of 3 and a big * on the le
    Didn't think about that but that's an intriguing idea

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the season is not done. If we actually get NBA games being played again it would mean we got this pandemic under some sort of control and a lot less people will die than currently projected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only team that will be pitching a fit if the season ended without any more regular season games is the Pelicans. With the Grizzlies schedule and a chance to have a Zion vs LBJ match up in the first round on TV, I wouldn't put anything past the NBA right now.

Nothing in the off season means a damn thing if Pop isn't dealt with first. If he wants to go after the most wins for a coach in NBA history, he can do it with another team. This is a time where ownership needs to look at everything within the structure of Spurs Sports and Entertainment, including Pop, and make changes now!

The summer league aspect of that article is interesting. It makes it more imperative to have coaches who are more geared for development and teaching the team's younger players, current and future draft picks, not only in practice but also in games because they need to play NOW! The streak is done. All hail the streak! Put coaches in place like Becky, Ahearn, Atkinson if that is the route you take, and move forward. I think TD would do his best work in the practice facility and pregame. I think he has been used wrongly by Pop. I think TD has been used as a human shield by Pop toward Hammond. It seems plain that Pop has made his decision that Hammond shouldn't succeed him on the bench, it hasn't been stated plainly why because Pop is too much of a coward to make that declaration and then have to face the firestorm of the media and explain himself.

This offseason is going to be more interesting than first thought because of the impact this virus has had on the season. The short fall in money and how that is going to impact teams will be watched. Opt ins and trades are going to be looked at even more as an option for teams and potential free agents trying to better their situations. Now is the time for ownership to start molding what the Spurs are going to be in the future because the past and this present season is done.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly don't see a scenario where the season is truncated and all RS games are not played.

Too unfair, there would be too many teams complaining, specially with different schedules. What would be the value of the PO and the le then? Not to mention money issues ofc.

As far as SA chances being "slim" even before the crisis... I'm not so sure. A win against MEM and they were only 2 games behind in the loss column with another 18 games then to be played and the Grizz with a much harder schedule.

With Aldridge returning and what they showed against Dallas... who knows?
    I don't think Memphis would be the Spurs primary concern. As you say , the schedule does not favor them. If I were a gambling man I would place my money on the Pelicans. Three remaining games with the Spurs if I looked correctly and they are playing well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see the NBA coming back and playing a shortened remaindered of the RS. Maybe 10 games then the playoffs start. Probably a best of 5 for the first two rounds.

Finals start in July, after the NBA draft. Then the off-season, August 1st. No Summer league, obviously and the 2020-2021 season starts at the normal time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop can't coach the Olympics we have a chance of bringing home gold I think.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figures soft league doing soft things

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Memphis would be the Spurs primary concern. As you say , the schedule does not favor them. If I were a gambling man I would place my money on the Pelicans. Three remaining games with the Spurs if I looked correctly and they are playing well.
    The grizzlies have a harder schedule, yes...but they're also better than us...so there's that

Thread Information