Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF a deal like LMA+11 for Wiggins+2 happened, wouldn't that put the Spurs into the tax if DDR opted in?

A LMA+11 deal would bump the Spurs salaries up over $10 million between Wiggins and the salary difference between 2 and 11.

With Wiggins, #2, DDR, Murray, Gay, Mills, White, Walker, Johnson, Samanic, and DeMarre's Dead Money that's $ 126.15914 for only 10 players by my bad math.

The luxury tax is 132.627

They couldn't even keep Lyles in this scenario, and even renouncing Marco and Forbes, I don't think they could keep Poeltl on his 5.08787 qualifying offer without going into the tax.
    You’re only taxed on the portion of your payroll that’s over the tax. If they go a mil or two over, it isn’t the end of the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason he wasn't was because he had gotten injured. Imagine if he continued the same production throughout the season. His numbers would have been historic.
    So would Wiseman’s. It’s always hazardous to project a limited sample into a longer time frame.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zeus is a clown.......that’s all.
    Spurs being in “cap ” is one of the most ignorant things I’ve seen on here. They’re in great shape. Being in cap really isn’t as big of a deal anymore in NBA with shorter term contracts. You can have cap albatrosses like John Wall, but because you can operate over the cap, there’s always flexibility.

Golden State is tight in that they can only offer the taxpayer MLE. But guys will always sign there on minimum deals anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So would Wiseman’s. It’s always hazardous to project a limited sample into a longer time frame.
    And Wiseman is still a top 3 pick...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, didn't Poku play only 11 games?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re only taxed on the portion of your payroll that’s over the tax. If they go a mil or two over, it isn’t the end of the world.
    But going into the tax means you don't get a share of the tax payments from other teams. Those could be huge this season, even if the owners and players agree to reduce the tax hit for this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is this:

Each player has a reason they are propelled to the projected pick that they are at.

Wiseman, with all his tools and athleticism, is a top 3 pick because of these things.

Nesmith with all his skill and physical attributes propelled him until it stopped when he got injured. His foot became a red flag.

Wiseman didn't have an injury. There were no red flags.

Nesmith without the injury would have kept propelling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we need to define Cap here...

Cap - when you're paying a luxury repeater tax of $3.50 on every dollar added to the payroll, and a) need to move a lot of payroll to get under + b) need to fill roster spots for the upcoming seasons + c) because of long term contracts are locked into this space. Depending on your ownership, you are looking to dump talent to save money...

Operating above the cap but below the tax line ( like the Spurs and most other NBA teams) is not Cap .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is this:

Each player has a reason they are propelled to the projected pick that they are at.

Wiseman, with all his tools and athleticism, is a top 3 pick because of these things.

Nesmith with all his skill and physical attributes propelled him until it stopped when he got injured. His foot became a red flag.

Wiseman didn't have an injury. There were no red flags.

Nesmith without the injury would have kept propelling.
    Or you know, Nesmith might have been having a hot streak shooting, and might have recessed to the norm. Let's not get over our skis here...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or you know, Nesmith might have been having a hot streak shooting, and might have recessed to the norm. Let's not get over our skis here...
    I can see a hot streak working for five games, not 14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald said the spurs worked out Theo Maldeon, don’t do it spurs lol I like him but we don’t need him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6 crazy days until the draft. Six days for every possibility to be played out in how we want to play our hand. Do we move up, do we stay? Is the right move a move down with more options later?

Decisions, decisions...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The Spurs are up to something. League sources say they’re shopping point guard Patty Mills, with teams such as the Bucks and Sixers expressing interest. A deal with Philadelphia would probably bring back Josh Richardson, league sources say. They’re also looking to unload LaMarcus Aldridge and DeMar DeRozan; I’ve heard the Lakers have interest in acquiring DeRozan (for Kyle Kuzma and Danny Green), and as mentioned, the Warriors may want Aldridge.”

The Ringers updated Mock draft says this about the spurs at pick 11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills to Philly makes sense if the Simmons-for-Harden rumors are true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The Spurs are up to something. League sources say they’re shopping point guard Patty Mills, with teams such as the Bucks and Sixers expressing interest. A deal with Philadelphia would probably bring back Josh Richardson, league sources say. They’re also looking to unload LaMarcus Aldridge and DeMar DeRozan; I’ve heard the Lakers have interest in acquiring DeRozan (for Kyle Kuzma and Danny Green), and as mentioned, the Warriors may want Aldridge.”

The Ringers updated Mock draft says this about the spurs at pick 11
    They should try to trade Gay and Mills for Horford if they ship out Aldridge. Horford makes a lot of sense for a fast pace game and would give them that veteran leadership

Mills to Philly makes sense if the Simmons-for-Harden rumors are true.
    it also makes sense if they don't get Harden

I'm worried that if the Spurs move Mills it means they will resign Pop's favorite son Bryn Forbes

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tangent:

This is atypical for the Spurs to be associated with so many trade speculations. I wonder if they (Pop and RC) are letting the GM have a little freedom to do things his way, because RC never worked the trade market very hard as far results go. When Presti was here he put together some truly complicated, elaborate trades, like the one that got us Ron Mercer and Hedo, if I remember correctly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soooo glad Vassell's trash ass hasn't been mention with the Spurs

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just not that high on Nesmith as others are. And the injury concern makes me even less interested.

If Dejounte was leaving then I could see the logic, I suppose. But I don't find his defense to be as spectacular as others suggest, to me it is more like, "that's better then I thought for a guy that too easily looks lost dribbling the ball 3 times in a row." I'm being a little sarcastic, but for shooting with plus side I wonder if Saddiq Bey would offer more. His spot up shooting was in the 98th percentile, supposedly. And I don't even want us to draft Saddiq at 11, I'd rather have the other Bey, Tyler, on the team, but if the Spurs are prioritizing shooting, then Saddiq at least has more size and fits more of a position in need then Nesmith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuzma and Green really isn't a bad deal for DeMar. DeMar would probably win a championship with the Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it should also be noted that Theo Maledon is mocked to be taken with the #21 76ers pick. Maybe they are targeting that pick with a Mills trade. They might think Maledon/Wiseman might pan out like Parker/Robinson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if we’re hearing so many rumors because the spurs are trying to gather more assets to move up in the draft maybe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saddiq is equivalent to a taller Bryn Forbes while Nesmith has an array of moves to get his shots up. Nesmith can create shot for others. Bey can't because he's a stiff and has literally zero burst and dribble moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saddiq is equivalent to a taller Bryn Forbes while Nesmith has an array of moves to get his shots up. Nesmith can create shot for others. Bey can't because he's a stiff and has literally zero burst and dribble moves.
    So, Saddiq's defense is horrible?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nesmith is neither known as a good passer nor a great finisher at the rim. He's a spot up/catch-and-shoot player. It's just that his shooting % is really intriguing. I wouldn't be mad if we draft him, but I doubt it.

By the way Kuzma and Green for DeRozan doesn't work salary wise. Lakers would have to add another 9 million

Thread Information