Page 104 of 115 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 2866
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saddiq is equivalent to a taller Bryn Forbes while Nesmith has an array of moves to get his shots up. Nesmith can create shot for others. Bey can't because he's a stiff and has literally zero burst and dribble moves.
    We agree on S. Bey. If the spurs had an additional early first round pick, then I could see drafting Nesmith at 11. But if 11 is all we get, I think they need to draft with higher upside in mind, which I don’t see with Nesmith so far. You seem to be up on his game… Do you have any video links that show his offensive upside?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, helping LeBron get another ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6 crazy days until the draft. Six days for every possibility to be played out in how we want to play our hand. Do we move up, do we stay? Is the right move a move down with more options later?

Decisions, decisions...
    This isn’t the draft to move down. Spurs have drafted 5 first rounders in the last 4 drafts. The last thing we need are more picks in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn’t the draft to move down. Spurs have drafted 5 first rounders in the last 4 drafts. The last thing we need are more picks in this draft.
    But you'd be okay with #2 and somehow keeping #11, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are worried about to many picks this year maybe the play is lma to gs for next years minny pick and re-route wiggins to NY or Charlotte for an asset?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, Saddiq's defense is horrible?
    Maybe not. But a taller Bryn with defense is still someone I'd not use the 11th pick on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We agree on S. Bey. If the spurs had an additional early first round pick, then I could see drafting Nesmith at 11. But if 11 is all we get, I think they need to draft with higher upside in mind, which I don’t see with Nesmith so far. You seem to be up on his game… Do you have any video links that show his offensive upside?
    Maybe later. I have an appointment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nesmith is neither known as a good passer nor a great finisher at the rim. He's a spot up/catch-and-shoot player. It's just that his shooting % is really intriguing. I wouldn't be mad if we draft him, but I doubt it.

By the way Kuzma and Green for DeRozan doesn't work salary wise. Lakers would have to add another 9 million
    Spot up / catch and shoot player is something you say about Saddiq, not Aaron. Like I said earlier, he has an array of moves where he can shoot on the dribble.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe later. I have an appointment
    Got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically everything from the ringer article

James Wiseman:

Golden State Warriors
    There isn’t a better place for Wiseman to address his weaknesses than Golden State. During the early stages of Wiseman’s NBA career, he could fill the rim-running/protecting role that JaVale McGee played for years, but he’d hopefully evolve into much more once his shot-creation and floor awareness improve. However, as ESPN’s Zach Lowe first reported, there is buzz that the Warriors want to use the pick to acquire Spurs big man LaMarcus Aldridge. If an Aldridge trade were to materialize, it would likely influence whom the Warriors select (especially if they are drafting for San Antonio).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you'd be okay with #2 and somehow keeping #11, right?
    I guess that would be considered both moving up and staying put, so yes. No moving back, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically everything from the ringer article

James Wiseman:

Golden State Warriors
    There isn’t a better place for Wiseman to address his weaknesses than Golden State. During the early stages of Wiseman’s NBA career, he could fill the rim-running/protecting role that JaVale McGee played for years, but he’d hopefully evolve into much more once his shot-creation and floor awareness improve. However, as ESPN’s Zach Lowe first reported, there is buzz that the Warriors want to use the pick to acquire Spurs big man LaMarcus Aldridge. If an Aldridge trade were to materialize, it would likely influence whom the Warriors select (especially if they are drafting for San Antonio).
    I truly wonder whether a scenario could arise where we ship LMA and someone like Gay or DJM for depth to GSW, and don't lose #11... It'd be ideal, and seems to be more feasible now that the Warriors' cap situation isn't looking so dire. Fingers crossed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I truly wonder whether a scenario could arise where we ship LMA and someone like Gay or DJM for depth to GSW, and don't lose #11... It'd be ideal, and seems to be more feasible now that the Warriors' cap situation isn't looking so dire. Fingers crossed.
    Wouldn’t a Murray trade have to wait until the new league year because of how his contract would be handled in a trade? Basically treated as current salary going out but new salary coming in, making matching hard?

If there is ever a year for an on the fly rebuild, it’s this one. A lot of buyers and very few sellers. Trading Demar to one contender will only improve the market for Aldridge given the lack of quality FA available. Every one of them + Mills + Gay + Murray should be explored to see what they can fetch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being open to trading Mills is shocking (unless he's intimated that he prefers to sign with a contender next off season), but would be an indication of how committed they are to Forbes. In that scenario, I don't care if he's brought back on a reasonable contract to play a minimal role.

If the 76ers would do it for Richardson, he'd only make sense as an asset to reroute. He could be thrown into an offer for the 2nd pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo Mills situation has nothing to do with Forbes.

The Spurs have a lot of guards without both of them and maybe they will target one in the draft. So they can trade Patty ( wich i doubt a little) and not ressign forbes. All depends of the draft and other deals.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. He's projected to go in the mid to late 20's . Not a fan btw

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe if we get the Philly pick in the rumored Mills trade? Or maybe they think he could drop to 41? I've seen him in the 2nd rd in a couple of mocks.
    Last edited by mo7888; 11-12-2020 at 05:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid is so bad. Probably just looking at him to throw other teams off

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you sure? Look at the teams he worked out with. All good drafting teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you sure? Look at the teams he worked out with. All good drafting teams.
    He's projected to be in that range, i think that's all it is. Brooklyn had one good draft year and Toronto drafts well but not excellent. None of their picks really turn out into mega stars, just maybe one good one (Siakam).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't there some kind of an analysis of the best drafting teams in the last 5-10 yrs? As I recall, TOR was at the top of the list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I thought when I read that they were looking at Samanic last year, who was projected to go late 1st to early 2nd round.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't there some kind of an analysis of the best drafting teams in the last 5-10 yrs? As I recall, TOR was at the top of the list.
    2010 to 2018 - Toronto was first followed by the Spurs.

https://thedataface.com/2019/06/spor...ting-nba-teams

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2010 to 2018 - Toronto was first followed by the Spurs.

https://thedataface.com/2019/06/spor...ting-nba-teams
    That was the 2010-2018 chart the since 2000 had the Spurs as the top and Toronto in the middle.

Thread Information