Page 108 of 115 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damnit I don't want to get my hopes up that we're trading up. Just gonna keep telling myself it's not happening. These are going to be three long ing days. Imma try and keep myself busy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 unbelievable days until the draft. Get your predictions in now. Get it in writing, or stfu later..
    This may be one of the few years where people can make an educated guess in the last two decades. A lot easier to predict at 11 then the relative crapshoot a 25th-30th pick could be.

The Spurs should be guaranteed a good talent...but I haven't kept up well enough to have any idea who it will be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This may be one of the few years where people can make an educated guess in the last two decades. A lot easier to predict at 11 then the relative crapshoot a 25th-30th pick could be.

The Spurs should be guaranteed a good talent...but I haven't kept up well enough to have any idea who it will be.
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...2#post10336062

Spurstalk favorite over the course of three months. By the third month, you can assume people did some research vs when they first voted in the first month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...2#post10336062

Spurstalk favorite over the course of three months. By the third month, you can assume people did some research vs when they first voted in the first month.
    Excellent content Dejounte

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t wait to see which draft pick won’t play until the second half of the season!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stewart looks promising.

Might sound crazy, but I wouldn't mind him at #11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t wait to see which draft pick won’t play until the second half of the season!
    If it’s Wiseman, that might really happen. Look at Rudy Gobert. Rookie year, gleague 8 games 14p/11r/3bl NBA 45 games 2.3p/3.4R/0.9bl. He went on to be an AS, 3 time All NBA, and 4 time All D.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://theknickswall.com/kira-lewis...th-investment/

If the Spurs trade DMDR, they will need someone to help with ball handling, and so I am preparing myself for the possibility they don't draft a wing but another guard.

This is an interesting comparison of Kira Lewis vs Tyrese Maxey. Granted it's from a Knick's perspective of what their team needs, but a solid assessment of each player.

Personally, I'm still very high on Maxey as a player, though I admit his fit with the team may not be easy. But if Demar is gone, the needs of the team may change. Oddly, I see Maxey as having some of the same qualities as Keldon, to be honest: great personality that acculturates easily within a team; extremely motivated, loves the game, very hard worker, casually confident, very strong and rugged, and plays larger than his size. I'm not talking about specific skills but his personality and approach to the game. I do think Maxey will show more than he did at college. I think his flat shot can be fixed. I think he showed more lead guard tendencies in HS before his time at Kentucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://theknickswall.com/kira-lewis...th-investment/

If the Spurs trade DMDR, they will need someone to help with ball handling, and so I am preparing myself for the possibility they don't draft a wing but another guard.

This is an interesting comparison of Kira Lewis vs Tyrese Maxey. Granted it's from a Knick's perspective of what their team needs, but a solid assessment of each player.

Personally, I'm still very high on Maxey as a player, though I admit his fit with the team may not be easy. But if Demar is gone, the needs of the team may change. Oddly, I see Maxey as having some of the same qualities as Keldon, to be honest: great personality that acculturates easily within a team; extremely motivated, loves the game, very hard worker, casually confident, very strong and rugged, and plays larger than his size. I'm not talking about specific skills but his personality and approach to the game. I do think Maxey will show more than he did at college. I think his flat shot can be fixed. I think he showed more lead guard tendencies in HS before his time at Kentucky.
    I don't think the Spurs are really lacking ball handlers, even with DeRozan gone. All of White, Dejounte, Lonnie and Keldon play (or should play) ball-dominant games next season to help and speed up their development - the thing is, they're probably suck at it for a while (Lonnie and DJ especially) in growing pains. I wouldn't draft a guard over a big or wing simply because of the need to replace DD's touches, and instead hope one or many of the youngings can grow into that role of primary initiator/distributor, especially in crunch time.

That aside, you always draft BPA. Question - if the Spurs trade up to #2, would you say there's any guard deserving of the pick over Wiseman/Deni? Would you draft e.g. Ball #2?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That aside, you always draft BPA. Question - if the Spurs trade up to #2, would you say there's any guard deserving of the pick over Wiseman/Deni? Would you draft e.g. Ball #2?
    This x100. Especially as basketball becomes more positionless. You can always trade down if fit isn’t right.

You draft for fit only if there’s no clear cut guys at that spot, and you’re competing for a championship (late first round, for example, if a le contender, can take a guy with less ceiling if he can contribute right away).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stewart looks promising.

Might sound crazy, but I wouldn't mind him at #11.
    Not crazy at all. My best big man after Wiseman.
    Along with Desmond Bane, don’t think there is a safer prospect in the draft but Stewarts’s ceiling is much higher.

Here he is pre-game from back in Jan/Feb working on his shot before a game.

https://www.si.com/college/washingto...s-3-point-shot

He understands what he needs to do to be successful at the next level and has the tools, work ethic and character necessary to obtain it.

My “Fab Five” prospects who I would be happy with, (taking into account 1 pick per position.):

PG: Kira Lewis
    SG: Desmond Bane
    SF: Jayden McDaniels
    PF: Isaiah Stewart
    C: James Wiseman

If we grab any of these guys in the draft, will be thrilled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's so much chaos in the air right now.

The draft, FA, training camp and the season opener all squeezed into 30 days.

My hope is that the Spurs' methodical approach will allow them to use the chaos others are experiencing to their advantage -- that they can be the calm within the storm.

If they trade up, I hope it is for Wiseman, Okongwu or Avdija.

Do it Spurs!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Spurs are really lacking ball handlers, even with DeRozan gone. All of White, Dejounte, Lonnie and Keldon play (or should play) ball-dominant games next season to help and speed up their development - the thing is, they're probably suck at it for a while (Lonnie and DJ especially) in growing pains. I wouldn't draft a guard over a big or wing simply because of the need to replace DD's touches, and instead hope one or many of the youngings can grow into that role of primary initiator/distributor, especially in crunch time.

Fair points. Perhaps I should simplify my reasoning: I think Maxey has solid two-way abilities and I’d like to see him on the team somehow.

To answer your last question, there is no way I trade up to 2 and risk drafting Lamelo. I think it has to be Wiseman, but I think his role with the team, at least under Pop, might not ever get beyond a Clint Capela role. I think Deni would have more success under Pop. So that’s a conundrum for me, in general, what to do with #2 if we somehow ended up there (which I don’t think we will).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair points. Perhaps I should simplify my reasoning: I think Maxey has solid two-way abilities and I’d like to see him on the team somehow.

To answer your last question, there is no way I trade up to 2 and risk drafting Lamelo. I think it has to be Wiseman, but I think his role with the team, at least under Pop, might not ever get beyond a Clint Capela role. I think Deni would have more success under Pop. So that’s a conundrum for me, in general, what to do with #2 if we somehow ended up there (which I don’t think we will).
    This is the same Pop that had Tim Duncan and Dave Rob, man. If Wiseman is as talented, he won't be relegated to a Clint type role. He'll only be that if he doesn't have enough talent, and fans will hate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I can’t see the drafting Ball if he fell to #11. I think they’d trade back, and collect some assets. PATFOs had their fill of ed up family dynamics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the same Pop that had Tim Duncan and Dave Rob, man. If Wiseman is as talented, he won't be relegated to a Clint type role. He'll only be that if he doesn't have enough talent, and fans will hate it.
    He’s really young, and probably won’t show a lot until year three. Bam really didn’t. Just check Gobert’s rookie stats, and he was 21. He then proceeded to be an All Star, 3 time All NBA, and 4 time All D. He’s two years away. Be excited if we get him, but don’t be excited for this year. If he were ready, we wouldn’t get a shot at him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s really young, and probably won’t show a lot until year three. Bam really didn’t. Just check Gobert’s rookie stats, and he was 21. He then proceeded to be an All Star, 3 time All NBA, and 4 time All D. He’s two years away. Be excited if we get him, but don’t be excited for this year. If he were ready, we wouldn’t get a shot at him.
    Yeah, I wasn't talking about the first few years. Just talking in general. Maybe I misunderstood the post, but I thought he was saying Pop wouldn't know how to handle a big.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman hasn't played team basketball in more than a year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can grab 2 and your target is Avdija or someone else, and Charlotte is all in on getting Wiseman - can always swap back a spot and pick up something. Spurs may have the best assets that the Warriors want of all the teams trying to trade up to 2 (star that fits with core like a glove, some other role players that could interest Warriors). Get that deal done, and see if you can milk it for more if Wiseman isn’t who you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But this is presupposing there's a clear certainty that Wiseman isn't ready, which no one cannot definitely say, especially given the unique cir stances the pandemic has put these players under. This draft is arguably the greatest unknown entering any draft in the modern NBA era other than the fact that it lacks many high-ceiling, potential superstars. What is known is that Wiseman is one of the few that has that potential. Who truly knows if he's ready or not?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do agree that a pitfall with Wiseman is the year in his teens without basketball

Often Centers or bigs who miss a year in their teens never reach their potential. Mitc Robinson didn't make a jump year 1 to year 2 and seems like he's at risk for plateau. Enes Kanter never became the all-star big after that year redshirting at Kentucky. Nerlens Noel never added skill after getting hurt as a freshman and missing his rookie year. Harry Giles didn't just lose athletic gifts, but couldn't even get his fourth year option picked up by the Kings.

So yeah, I don't think Wiseman reaches the high-level sure-thing all-star potential. He should still be pretty good, and that's entertaining enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do agree that a pitfall with Wiseman is the year in his teens without basketball

Often Centers or bigs who miss a year in their teens never reach their potential. Mitc Robinson didn't make a jump year 1 to year 2 and seems like he's at risk for plateau. Enes Kanter never became the all-star big after that year redshirting at Kentucky. Nerlens Noel never added skill after getting hurt as a freshman and missing his rookie year. Harry Giles didn't just lose athletic gifts, but couldn't even get his fourth year option picked up by the Kings.

So yeah, I don't think Wiseman reaches the high-level sure-thing all-star potential. He should still be pretty good, and that's entertaining enough.
    Didn't Toppin lose a year?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reshirted his age 19 season. And while his offense doesn't look like he lost anything by it, his defense sure looks lost.

Embiid didn't get his injuries until he was already 20. However, there was a recent podcast where I think Ford or Hollinger or Russilo waxed poetic about seeing Embiid during that year improve game to game like and marvel at the improvement over the season, and it was his age 19 season. If he had gotten hurt at the start of the season instead of the end, would the same improvement have occured?

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe in Toppin as a lotto guy.

He's going to be a journeyman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But this is presupposing there's a clear certainty that Wiseman isn't ready, which no one cannot definitely say, especially given the unique cir stances the pandemic has put these players under. This draft is arguably the greatest unknown entering any draft in the modern NBA era other than the fact that it lacks many high-ceiling, potential superstars. What is known is that Wiseman is one of the few that has that potential. Who truly knows if he's ready or not?
    I can tell you right now, he’s not ready, and I’m one of of his biggest proponents. He’s played 3 college games, so you can basically consider him a HS draftee. Look at Gobert as a baseline. He was 21 when drafted, and played in the French league, probably the second best in Europe after Spain. His rookie stats were 2.3p/3.4r/0.9bl in 45 games, and he had a couple more years of higher level ball than Wiseman. If you’re expecting ANYTHING this year, you’re setting yourself up for major disappointment.

Thread Information