Page 11 of 115 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your positional designations are archaic. Samanic is a "PF", Johnson is a wing, Weatherspoon is short (6'3''), but is long (6'9'') and strong (207) enough to avoid being labeled a small guard.

Equating quan y to quality is foolish. Sure, the biggest positional need is big wings, but the biggest overall need is elite talent.

I doubt Haliburton is available at 11, but if he is, they're not in position to pass on the basis of having Murray and White. He's significantly younger and a significantly better play maker than either. Select him and offer either of them for 15 to select Vassell or Bey.
    I think Vassell is going to go on top 10 but I agree if Haliburton you take him and try and trade Murray or White and get Patrick Williams 6’8 SF who I think is still 18 years old or Jalen Smith 6’10 PF/C physical player who can rebound and a good rim protector. Also might look at Seddiq Bey or Alejsej Pokusevski

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’d have to get a top 4 pick to get Wiseman. He won’t fall to 11, and we can’t draw a pick pick anywhere between 5 and 10. Just the way the lottery works.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that.....just hoping we get lucky.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Spurs top targets rn

1.Wiseman
    2.Avjdija
    3.Nesmith
    4.McDaniels
    5. Okoro

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darn it, Nbadraftnet has Toppin going 2nd.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually impossible for the Spurs to draft #8, unless they get a top 4 pick and trade down, in which case I will hunt down and neuter RC.
    The Spurs could also trade up from #11 by adding an asset.

I can't think of what asset that the Spurs would be willing to give up and the team at #8 would be willing to accept, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could also trade up from #11 by adding an asset.

I can't think of what asset that the Spurs would be willing to give up and the team at #8 would be willing to accept, though.
    How about the draft rights to one of the best big men in Europe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So no draft until season is officially cancelled!?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your positional designations are archaic. Samanic is a "PF", Johnson is a wing, Weatherspoon is short (6'3''), but is long (6'9'') and strong (207) enough to avoid being labeled a small guard.

Equating quan y to quality is foolish. Sure, the biggest positional need is big wings, but the biggest overall need is elite talent.

I doubt Haliburton is available at 11, but if he is, they're not in position to pass on the basis of having Murray and White. He's significantly younger and a significantly better play maker than either. Select him and offer either of them for 15 to select Vassell or Bey.

I agree, imo vassel or Haliburton have a good chance of being Available at 11.

You have a bunch of guys who are set to be drafted before
    Ball, Wiseman, Edwards, avdija, Hayes, okongwu... Probably Toppin, Anthony... if hali and vassel are drafted in the top 10 then a good prospect will slide.

The only thing I dont get, is the white trade. We already have a lot of youngs, white is a proven player imo and at 26 more mature than others. I will trade him for a ready player not another rookie...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So no draft until season is officially cancelled!?
    With the lottery in less than one month, we may have some news in the next 2-3 weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually impossible for the Spurs to draft #8, unless they get a top 4 pick and trade down, in which case I will hunt down and neuter RC.
    They can trade up too. Get pick 11, trade 11 and a future first for 8. Or 11 and Lonnie. Or whatever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the draft rights to one of the best big men in Europe?
    He's 25, and just re-signed in Europe. No one cares about big men any more. They're dinosaurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can trade up too. Get pick 11, trade 11 and a future first for 8. Or 11 and Lonnie. Or whatever
    Lonnie or Another pick to move up three spots ? Imo it's too much, unless you Can move in the top 3-4 i will not give Murray white or Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can move up to get wiseman, Toppin or haliburton you do it. Walker and 1st to move up to get those guys would be worth it. If it’s for someone else, no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like Carey. Think I would be happier with him later in the draft, like if the Spurs make a trade or it the season restarts and SA finds a way to eek into the playoffs. He put up really good numbers as a freshman in a real conference. He's shown he can shoot a bit, and he has some potential as a shooter too. The Spurs have a chance to move up and get an elite talent, but in a scenario where they are looking at talent in the middle of the round, Carey just seems to have the potential the team needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like Carey. Think I would be happier with him later in the draft, like if the Spurs make a trade or it the season restarts and SA finds a way to eek into the playoffs. He put up really good numbers as a freshman in a real conference. He's shown he can shoot a bit, and he has some potential as a shooter too. The Spurs have a chance to move up and get an elite talent, but in a scenario where they are looking at talent in the middle of the round, Carey just seems to have the potential the team needs.
    Carey Jr will be a solid player. Would love to get him...among others. Lots of good talent in the 5-25 range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can move up to get wiseman, Toppin or haliburton you do it. Walker and 1st to move up to get those guys would be worth it. If it’s for someone else, no.
    If "and 1st" means 11, then there's an argument. If it means Walker and another Spurs first, then I can't agree. The Spurs don't need to be losing talent and committing future picks for non-elite prospects. Walker is the last guy on the team the Spurs should be trading as part of a future-oriented move. Some people hate on Lonnie for his slow development, but if it's not a win-now move that somehow puts the LMA/DMDR/Gay core into contending status, the team can afford to give Walker more time. Now if they're trading White, on the other hand, that's a different story. I like Derrick a lot, even more than Murray. But you can certainly argue that he's a bit too old to rebuild with, and he doesn't seem to be consistent enough to build around as a long-term bench player. I don't believe he has the value to get a pick above 11 by himself, but I do think he could get a top-20 pick, and that could give the team a chance to draft a top-tier role-playing forward in addition to going for potential with their natural pick.

Something that's interesting is the idea that the season may resume to a point where the draft occurs when games are still being played. If that happens, how do draft-day trades work? Do they allow them at all? Are they limited to non-player assets? Do they make an exception just for draft day? If it's the third option, there could be a flurry to get stretch-run pieces, especially if they allow expiring players to be part of the exchange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell/Nesmith/Saddiq all should be within reach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just feel like sooner or later we’re gonna have to choose are we gonna keep Dwhite for the future or Lonnie, and I think it’ll be Derrick white we keep so why not trade Lonnie + the 11th pick if it’s a guy like Deni, wiseman, Toppin. Plus we have Keldon who honestly looks like a better fit with the team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Wiseman, but for Toppin or Haliburton I will not do it. I could be wrong as nobody knows what Walker will Be in 2-3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If "and 1st" means 11, then there's an argument. If it means Walker and another Spurs first, then I can't agree. The Spurs don't need to be losing talent and committing future picks for non-elite prospects. Walker is the last guy on the team the Spurs should be trading as part of a future-oriented move. Some people hate on Lonnie for his slow development, but if it's not a win-now move that somehow puts the LMA/DMDR/Gay core into contending status, the team can afford to give Walker more time. Now if they're trading White, on the other hand, that's a different story. I like Derrick a lot, even more than Murray. But you can certainly argue that he's a bit too old to rebuild with, and he doesn't seem to be consistent enough to build around as a long-term bench player. I don't believe he has the value to get a pick above 11 by himself, but I do think he could get a top-20 pick, and that could give the team a chance to draft a top-tier role-playing forward in addition to going for potential with their natural pick.

Something that's interesting is the idea that the season may resume to a point where the draft occurs when games are still being played. If that happens, how do draft-day trades work? Do they allow them at all? Are they limited to non-player assets? Do they make an exception just for draft day? If it's the third option, there could be a flurry to get stretch-run pieces, especially if they allow expiring players to be part of the exchange.
    You are correct. The 1st would be this years pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw me using Lonnie as an example was not an endorsement; just an example. Sa should not be trading youth

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btw me using Lonnie as an example was not an endorsement; just an example. Sa should not be trading youth
    That was basically my point. Any asset that the team at #8 would want in addition to #11 is too much for the Spurs to be giving up; the other team isn't going to want fodder like Forbes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, imo vassel or Haliburton have a good chance of being Available at 11.

You have a bunch of guys who are set to be drafted before
    Ball, Wiseman, Edwards, avdija, Hayes, okongwu... Probably Toppin, Anthony... if hali and vassel are drafted in the top 10 then a good prospect will slide.

The only thing I dont get, is the white trade. We already have a lot of youngs, white is a proven player imo and at 26 more mature than others. I will trade him for a ready player not another rookie...

Just because they have a bunch of random young guys, it's not like they're set for the future. They're in the process of determining which are keepers, but higher upside youth is required.

Haliburton probably has it and Maledon debatably does, but they're 6-7 years younger. Since he can be replaced by a significantly younger archetype, it's worth it to at least look into trading White.

Unless they luck into a do it all wing (good luck) to alleviate the scoring/play making burden, as a tandem, Murray and White lack offensive dynamism.

I just feel like sooner or later we’re gonna have to choose are we gonna keep Dwhite for the future or Lonnie, and I think it’ll be Derrick white we keep so why not trade Lonnie + the 11th pick if it’s a guy like Deni, wiseman, Toppin. Plus we have Keldon who honestly looks like a better fit with the team
    The decision will likely be between Murray and White and they might have already made it by committing to Murray.

White's situation is similar to Hill's. Near ideal Spur (minus the lack of assertiveness), but cir stances could be conspiring to cut his tenure short.

Walker is the only one who looks like a possible go-to scorer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just because they have a bunch of random young guys, it's not like they're set for the future. They're in the process of determining which are keepers, but higher upside youth is required.

Haliburton probably has it and Maledon debatably does, but they're 6-7 years younger. Since he can be replaced by a significantly younger archetype, it's worth it to at least look into trading White.

Unless they luck into a do it all wing (good luck) to alleviate the scoring/play making burden, as a tandem, Murray and White lack offensive dynamism.
    I can agree with you on that, my preference is to let our youth playing more next year and then make a choice but that's not easy as white will Be fa.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him too, but I would stay away from Duke players.

Thread Information