My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Merry Draft Night Eve everyone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Merry Draft Night Eve everyone

No draft prediction poll as a conclusion to your experiment? I'm slightly disappointed...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless someone amazing drops, I see them choosing between Saddiq Bey, Tyrese Maxey, and Jalen Smith. They all play defense and seem to be Spurs character types.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virtual NBA Draft Info. from S.I:

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/11/17/20...tual-broadcast

To adjust to the unique cir stances, the NBA has set up 19 satellite trucks, in five different countries, which will help ensure immediate interviews with participants. It’s also shipped out 39 broadcast technology kits to prospects that will be used to showcase the reactions of many of the event’s other draftees. As part of the at-home experience, players additionally received a media technology kit to help with postdraft interviews and a gift locker that includes a number of products, including all 30 of this year’s New Era draft hats.
    Going to be a good time regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No draft prediction poll as a conclusion to your experiment? I'm slightly disappointed...
    I thought a fourth poll would be redundant. I thought the latest thread I posted served that purpose. Everybody's draft prediction is all over the place anyway with the Spurs being active in trade rumors.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was so excited to have a chance to draft Patrick Williams, and now there is smoke of him in play for the 4th pick.

Tyrese Maxey is the next guy for me he has similarities to Mitc in terms of personality and that college system he is in masks his strengths. He addressed his low release in the televised workout.

Saddiq is the one that makes sense in terms of fit if he plays the 4 long term, it reduces some of his athleticism and shooting form concerns. He used to play PG and those prospects
    usually do well in the NBA.

These three i am confident can defend through switching schemes and offer creation upside. Perfect fits for the dribble drive offense in the bubble.

High level finisher types Jalen Smith and Aaron Nesmith. These I have on a tier below , just because we don't have a young offensive engines yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought a fourth poll would be redundant. I thought the latest thread I posted served that purpose. Everybody's draft prediction is all over the place anyway with the Spurs being active in trade rumors.
    Yeah, you're right - I was mostly wanting to get people's predictions under one neat thread that we can look back into. Multiple threads muddy up the waters, though the effort was great all around.

Just for the record, I'm a solid believer that we'll trade up to #2 and grab Wiseman or Deni - there's absolutely no way the Warriors are looking at the moves being made by other contenders, and looking at their own team and glaring holes, and want to get into the season without someone like LMA. Whether we keep #11 or not, I don't know, but if we do keep it I see them drafting either Nesmith or Smith. We'll see tomorrow...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was so excited to have a chance to draft Patrick Williams, and now there is smoke of him in play for the 4th pick.

Tyrese Maxey is the next guy for me he has similarities to Mitc in terms of personality and that college system he is in masks his strengths. He addressed his low release in the televised workout.

Saddiq is the one that makes sense in terms of fit if he plays the 4 long term, it reduces some of his athleticism and shooting form concerns. He used to play PG and those prospects
    usually do well in the NBA.

These three i am confident can defend through switching schemes and offer creation upside. Perfect fits for the dribble drive offense in the bubble.

High level finisher types Jalen Smith and Aaron Nesmith. These I have on a tier below , just because we don't have a young offensive engines yet.
    This makes sense to me. I think Maxey will be good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you're right - I was mostly wanting to get people's predictions under one neat thread that we can look back into. Multiple threads muddy up the waters, though the effort was great all around.

Just for the record, I'm a solid believer that we'll trade up to #2 and grab Wiseman or Deni - there's absolutely no way the Warriors are looking at the moves being made by other contenders, and looking at their own team and glaring holes, and want to get into the season without someone like LMA. Whether we keep #11 or not, I don't know, but if we do keep it I see them drafting either Nesmith or Smith. We'll see tomorrow...
    *fingers crossed* maybe we end up with both. That would be wild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m thinking this may be the hold up. It may be as simple as spurs holding out for warriors to accept LMA and LMA only for Wiggins and the #2. No #11 attached.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wiseman + Nesmith or Deni + Smith would be very exciting going forward....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs enjoyed the bonding between the rookies from last year. They probably see that and want to replicate it. Keldon and Luka look like they grew super close. Maybe it's a winning method for chemistry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The G league is in limbo and with the way the spurs see it, if they can't depend on a g league to develop picks and you have the highest lottery picks in awhile, now would be the time to covert the team to development like the bubble play. You know the G league isn't going to get the best anti virus protection and will probably play reduced games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 day left guys. Nesmith is my final selection.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 day left guys. Nesmith is my final selection.
    If they don't trade up I hope they get him his shooting will be a game changer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have stuck with Patrick Williams since the beginning and think he will be the pick even with all smoke from Detroit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping for either Patrick Williams, Jalen Smith, or Isaac Okoro.... Expecting Theo Maldeon lol

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poku is being picked up by the Celtics, Nuggets, or Thunder

Is that with #26 or #30?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that with #26 or #30?
    No idea. Im just guessing man lol

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea. Im just guessing man lol

Heh. I was just being a smartass about them not taking him with #14.

The bas s have 3 first round picks, so I really could see them using one on his upside.
    Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 11-17-2020 at 11:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So one last trade idea for the day, I think.

Spurs in: 6, Hayward, Langford
    Spurs out: Aldridge, Murray, 11

Hawks in: 14,30, Murray,
    Hawks out: 6

Celtics in: 11, Aldridge
    Celtics out: 14, 30, Hayward, Langford

Hawks get Young's running mate and keeps a lotto pick
    Celtics save enough money to get out of the tax, move up in the draft and balance their roster

The Spurs get a guy that lets them play closer to how they did in the bubble. They also hop up to the range where they can get one of Okongwu, Avdija, Toppin or at least Haliburton. They also get save money for 2021 and get a young guard to potentially develop (even though he hasn't been good so far).

White, Mills, Winston (41)
    Johnson, Walker, Weatherspoon
    DeRozan, Langford
    Hayward, Gay, Samanic
    Poeltl, Okongwu (6), Eubanks

By my rough calculations, that should give SA like $4 Million to sign a backup wing to compete with Langford and Walker for minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh. I was just being a smartass about them not taking him with #14.

The bas s have 3 first round picks, so I really could see them using one on his upside.
    Yep, Poku or Bolmaro. I think both are good investments and they can let them learn in Europe...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they want to draft a potential franchise player, PATFO gonna draft a Euro boy. The only kind of player ready to commit long term in San Antonio are international players (Parker, Gino, Duncan, Pau) and (south) texas born guys (Aldridge). I don't see a texas native in the top prospect of the coming draft. And picking a born-in-america in the top 10 increases the odds to have a remake of Kawhi drama in a few year, these guys dont want to stay in San Antonio long term.

Doncic would have been the perfect fit 3 years ago. Spurs should have try to bring the #2 pick from Sacto in exchange of Kawhi (Sacramento is in California, it would be better than Toronto for him). So sad they didnt even try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information