Page 13 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft this year is very even from 5-20. No point in spending an asset to move up a couple of spots. Unless you can get into the top 4, stay put, and draft BPA.
    Sure - I’m not saying what I think SA should do. More outlining the options available and logic behind it.

If SA trades up it’s because they really, really like a guy they don’t think will be there. If that happens, I am fine with that with their history in the lottery/around the lottery.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st
    james wiseman (worth moving up)
    obi toppin (worth moving up)
    aaron nesmith
    devin vassell
    saddiq bey
    haliburton

2nd
    nwora
    tillie
    oturu

(if spurs got lucky asf and somehow get haliburton then id recommend to trade loonie for nesmith/vassel/bey

reality:
    with 11th overall pick, San Antonio Spurs select.... Nico Mannion
    Last edited by spurspl; 04-23-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warming up to Nesmith, even at 6'6"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st
    james wiseman (worth moving up)
    obi toppin (worth moving up)
    aaron nesmith
    devin vassell
    saddiq bey
    haliburton

2nd
    nwora
    tillie
    oturu

(if spurs got lucky asf and somehow get haliburton then id recommend to trade loonie for nesmith/vassel/bey

reality:
    with 11th overall pick, San Antonio Spurs select.... Nico Mannion
    lol. Yeah it’ll be nico or an international

getting haliburton and vassel would be incredible. And getting Nwora in the 2nd still possible. That would be a monumentally successful draft. Doesn’t even include any assets we could get for DDR, Murray or LMA.

trade DDR/Murray for Gordon/Ross/bamba.

lineup:
    Haliburton/White/Mills
    Vassel/KJ
    Nwora/Ross
    Gordon/Lyles/Gay
    LMA/Bamba

use the extra money from not signing Forbes/Marco/Poetl on a solid free agent. Probably at SF. Solid team and young. Fun to dream.
    Last edited by Prime BEEF; 04-23-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely could live with that draft Spurspl.

I Agee with the above Nesmith is totally butter on offense just so smooth if his defense is good he would be great player to pick.

For me looking at the 2nd round would be;
    Carlos Alocen - PG - Spain - 6’4 - Good shooter great half court general
    Xavier Tillman - PF- 6’8 - Great rebounder can guard 2 - 4 impacts the game without touches
    Desmond Bane - SG/SF - 6’6 - Great shooter and plays defense like Keldon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they don’t postpone the NBA draft

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the selling point on Obi?

I won't pretend to have watched lots of tape, but he seems like he'll be just a B-tier guy and have a long but not amazing career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the selling point on Obi?

I won't pretend to have watched lots of tape, but he seems like he'll be just a B-tier guy and have a long but not amazing career.
    I’ve seen some Amare Stoudemire comparisons and they seem pretty spot on but Obi can shoot 3’s too. He’s an exciting player plus is a position the spurs really need lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking that moving around (either up or down) in this draft is going to be difficult to get right. Without March Madness and the combine, there's no general consensus on ranking the prospects. It's hard to say who will fall where, either in your range or what you trade for. For example, The Stepien has Wiseman in their second tier of prospects (5-13), whereas Tankathon has him 1st overall...

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve seen some Amare Stoudemire comparisons and they seem pretty spot on but Obi can shoot 3’s too. He’s an exciting player plus is a position the spurs really need lol
    He's got Stoudemire athleticism? I guess I didn't watch enough. Thought he was a little more plodding than that and not as vertical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking that moving around (either up or down) in this draft is going to be difficult to get right. Without March Madness and the combine, there's no general consensus on ranking the prospects. It's hard to say who will fall where, either in your range or what you trade for. For example, The Stepien has Wiseman in their second tier of prospects (5-13), whereas Tankathon has him 1st overall...
    The tournament and the combine are where the other teams catch up, often grabbing players they hadn’t known about, but the Spurs had. Maybe no one jumps in front of us for this year’s Batum or Gobert.

Advantage: Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tournament and the combine are where the other teams catch up, often grabbing players they hadn’t known about, but the Spurs had. Maybe no one jumps in front of us for this year’s Batum or Gobert.

Exactly. I feel good about the Spurs getting the best player in this draft even if they dont get a top pick. My hope is finally a player who can guard SFs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs should draft that midget johnny newman...since patfo loves drafting undersize chumps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yep. The Spurs used to avoid working out the players they really liked for fear other teams would take notice -- that's how good their reputation was/is.

No need to worry about that this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s the thing with White. People are quick to trade him but you’re not going to return anything greater at his price tag.

Sure you might be able to package up and land something that has potential but I’d rather have a solid rotation player on a good contract than to roll the dice hoping that they strike gold on another mid level project. We’re better off rolling the dice in other areas.

Maybe not, but as I've alluded to, they could essentially reset the clock with a 6-7 year younger version.

They don't need to strike gold by picking a prospect in the mid round and having them hopefully develop into either a low end starter or high end backup.

In a rebuilding context, White's salary is irrelevant. Definitely, if the Spurs' plan is to hit on a lotto pick that will somehow solidify the DMDR/Gay/LMA core into a contender, then having a solid role-player like White on a cheap deal is great. But if you're talking about core pieces, either White's going to be cheap or he's going to be a building block -- he's not going to be both, not in the long term anyway. A strong role-player just doesn't compare to a legit star. I'd rather be paying a legit star the max than having good-value guys but no stars.

You definitely don't trade Derrick just because, but if the Spurs get up in a position where BPA is a PG and have a team on the phone willing to trade a mid-first for White, I think you make that deal. Hopefully for White, it'd lead to him finding a really good home for the rest of his prime. Then the Spurs could roll with that new guard, Murray, Walker, Mills and Weatherspoon as their smalls and target a defensive four with their other first. Then they can roll out DeRozan, that forward, Aldridge, Gay and Poeltl to fill in their 10-man rotation.
    It is, but I just don't see Murray and White as a long term thing. Not unless Walker develops into a featured offensive player and they luck into a "SF" who can be one too.

No such thing. They're too inherently flawed.

Definitely. I've thrown out some names as examples, but obviously they'd have to think relatively highly of one to pull the trigger.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They better not change the draft I loved that the NFL did not change there draft dats NBA should do the same.

I agree with Exstatic tired of other teams poaching on Spurs draft picks. As someone said this is going to be the most interesting draft ever no one knows after pick 4 in this draft.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol. Yeah it’ll be nico or an international

getting haliburton and vassel would be incredible. And getting Nwora in the 2nd still possible. That would be a monumentally successful draft. Doesn’t even include any assets we could get for DDR, Murray or LMA.

trade DDR/Murray for Gordon/Ross/bamba.

lineup:
    Haliburton/White/Mills
    Vassel/KJ
    Nwora/Ross
    Gordon/Lyles/Gay
    LMA/Bamba

use the extra money from not signing Forbes/Marco/Poetl on a solid free agent. Probably at SF. Solid team and young. Fun to dream.
    amen.

btw i think that even if spurs aint get haliburton, then its still worth to trade loonie for neismith/bey while picking vessel via our pick.
    Both of them would perfectly cover murrays weaknesses and so more important murray finally gets a teamates who can really shot 3s.
    of course, that aint solve our problem with forwards but as u said we still have some assets to trade for forwards like ddr - gordon.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s nothing in this draft outside top 4 that I could justify moving Lonnie for.

Lonnie is hamstrung by coaching, nothing more. He’d be a full blown rotation playing making an impact on 90% of the teams in the league.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s nothing in this draft outside top 4 that I could justify moving Lonnie for.

Lonnie is hamstrung by coaching, nothing more. He’d be a full blown rotation playing making an impact on 90% of the teams in the league.
    ty coaching by pop is also an issue. But imo still these 3 guys (vessell,nesmith,bey) have more potential than lonnie had.
    Last edited by spurspl; 04-24-2020 at 10:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie Walker would be another iman Shumpert if Pop & Co weren’t developing him lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ty coaching by pop is also an issue. But imo still these 3 guys (vessell,nesmith,bey) have more potential than lonnie had.
    no I'm not a huge fan of Walker. but if not for cocerns about his knee he was a top 10 puck. The only reason the Spurs got him was because of his knee. He was by far abetter player than any of those dudes you named in college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When will we know when the draft would be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When will we know when the draft would be
    When they announce it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count