My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24 days until we know where we pick... Maybe

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do u think about possiblity to get top5 pick for murray? Any chances? then spurs could probably draft obi and with own pick vessel.

white/loonie/vessel/obi/lma pretty damn solid and young s5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We dont need top 5 for Murray. Not this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do u think about possiblity to get top5 pick for murray? Any chances? then spurs could probably draft obi and with own pick vessel.

white/loonie/vessel/obi/lma pretty damn solid and young s5.
    No one is giving up a top 5 pick for Murray.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, it would have to be Murray and our 11th.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thts what i thought

Right, it would have to be Murray and our 11th.
    id take that trade if we got obi or wiseman tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thts what i thought

id take that trade if we got obi or wiseman tbh
    Wiseman for sure. I keep going back and forth about trading up for anyone else. I know the Knicks and the Spurs don’t get along but if Wiseman falls to 6th the trade would make sense for both teams.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not trade Murray. I would trade white or walker. White is older and I just dont see it in walker. Murray is also on a good deal for 4 years. Next year he may be about what he is paid but the 3 years after that will be a deal. I dont see why so many people want to move him. he has roven more then Walker has. White has proven to be good too but is older then the others.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree about Murray. He’s on a killer deal. Even if he only gets incrementally better there’s no deal out there that would be equal in value and potential doesn’t significantly move the needle for me. It would have to be a giant move.

Everyone is so open to moving Lonnie but he’s got to be the most interesting prospect on the team. Lonnie’s the kind of player that would thrive in most if not all modern offensive systems. I really think they would regret moving him. Pop doesn’t have the courage but he should take the Aldridge approach with Walker. Just get out of way and let him play his game. You could clearly see Walker playing with fear. Dude is not Kawhi, you can’t bottle that up for a later date.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not trade Murray. I would trade white or walker. White is older and I just dont see it in walker. Murray is also on a good deal for 4 years. Next year he may be about what he is paid but the 3 years after that will be a deal. I dont see why so many people want to move him. he has roven more then Walker has. White has proven to be good too but is older then the others.
    I would trade White but not Murray or Walker tbh. White is about to get paid and is almost 26, moving him now to acquire a younger prospect. Murray still has plenty of potential, as does Walker. I'd keep them until they either live up to it or prove that they aren't the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got Stoudemire athleticism? I guess I didn't watch enough. Thought he was a little more plodding than that and not as vertical.
    He's definitely athletic, just not Stoudimire athletic, but his game still resembles Amare. He isn't as athletic laterally, which could affect his defensive potential, but has freakishly long arms so he could possibly develop into a rim protector.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the luck this franchise has had in the past half decade, watch Vassell go in the 7-10 range. Normally, someone "reaching" like that is good news, because it means a supposedly better prospect falls. In this case, the consensus top 8 should all still be gone by 11, leaving them to choose from a host of unappealing options.

Drafting legit 3 and D wings is essential, because the alternative is giving out bloated contracts to borderline ones or starting a player who's a clear liability at one or the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think white is going to get less than Murray; so I wouldn’t be too worried about his deal. If you believe Murray/White can be the starting 1/2 and White will make a little less than Murray? That’s great value for the starting back court.

I would not be trading ANY youth if I’m Sa unless it lands me a young already all star in the deal or unless they feel there’s another true franchise changing star in the draft they need to move up for.

But hopefully they just land a top 4 pick and can get their guy without trading

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patrick williams and vernon look good too. They are projected at the end of the 1st round. Moving up for one of them using our 2nd +asset (like keldon) would be great.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patrick williams and vernon look good too. They are projected at the end of the 1st round. Moving up for one of them using our 2nd +asset (like keldon/samanic or even white) would be great.
    murray/lonnie/vessel/williams/lma

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think white is going to get less than Murray; so I wouldn’t be too worried about his deal. If you believe Murray/White can be the starting 1/2 and White will make a little less than Murray? That’s great value for the starting back court.

I would not be trading ANY youth if I’m Sa unless it lands me a young already all star in the deal or unless they feel there’s another true franchise changing star in the draft they need to move up for.

But hopefully they just land a top 4 pick and can get their guy without trading
    Theoretically, but if they're a long term starting back court, then they have to luck into a rarer archetype (do it all big wing or point center) to build an offense around.

They've already committed to Murray and desperately need what Walker could be, which probably means White's long term future here is 6th man/3rd guard and he might be 30 by the time the team is good again.

I like everything about him but the lack of assertiveness. Unfortunately, the fact that he so willingly took being demoted (despite playing better last season than Murray ever has) was further proof of that. Also, stagnating or worse at 25, was not a good look.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theoretically, but if they're a long term starting back court, then they have to luck into a rarer archetype (do it all big wing or point center) to build an offense around.

They've already committed to Murray and desperately need what Walker could be, which probably means White's long term future here is 6th man/3rd guard and he might be 30 by the time the team is good again.

I like everything about him but the lack of assertiveness. Unfortunately, the fact that he so willingly took being demoted (despite playing better last season than Murray ever has) was further proof of that. Also, stagnating or worse at 25, was not a good look.
    This. And from a contract standpoint you typically want 2-3 max players and just 3-4 mid level deals. Murrays under contract, they still have their mid level, and that leaves only two more at the most. I think with all the rookies we have right now there is real possibility of them turning into them needing it for Lonnie, Johnson, or evening Samanic. If there is a way to keep White AND still find a new alpha or two to run this team then maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the luck this franchise has had in the past half decade, watch Vassell go in the 7-10 range. Normally, someone "reaching" like that is good news, because it means a supposedly better prospect falls. In this case, the consensus top 8 should all still be gone by 11, leaving them to choose from a host of unappealing options.

Drafting legit 3 and D wings is essential, because the alternative is giving out bloated contracts to borderline ones or starting a player who's a clear liability at one or the other.
    If you’ve studied this draft, there isn’t much, of any, differentiation of talent between 5 and 20. Unless you get into the top 3, maybe 4, there just isn’t a real reason to give up an asset. People HERE will have their favorites, but the difference just isn’t enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, and Manu was such a beta for not fighting going to the bench.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to say what White/Walker/Murray can be. Feel like they're development has been blunted by DDR and Forbes. Belli to a lesser degree.

Either way, they all need to become better outside shooters. Someone needs to learn to run an offense as well... White I think has the best ability there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    22 days until we know where we pick... Maybe

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you’ve studied this draft, there isn’t much, of any, differentiation of talent between 5 and 20. Unless you get into the top 3, maybe 4, there just isn’t a real reason to give up an asset. People HERE will have their favorites, but the difference just isn’t enough.

I didn't suggest otherwise.

Yes, and Manu was such a beta for not fighting going to the bench.
    Completely different cir stances (balance purposes on a perennial elite team) and he was not pleased with it initially, but accepted it for the good of the team. He had also already emerged as one of the best players in the world and was, in part, acquiescing for a player on the way to joining those ranks.

White not pouting publicly or body language wise was obviously the right thing to do, but his play should have told a different story.

Your god has even admitted that he needs to be more assertive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to say what White/Walker/Murray can be. Feel like they're development has been blunted by DDR and Forbes. Belli to a lesser degree.

Either way, they all need to become better outside shooters. Someone needs to learn to run an offense as well... White I think has the best ability there.
    Agreed. Spurs need to give them the keys, to see what they can become. DDR is an good play maker but that comes at the expense of putting the ball in the hands of Murray, White, or Walker.

Murray's shown strong progress as a shooter, he needs to build on his success and improve his volume. I think Walker is a pretty good outside shooter, while I still can't peg whether White is or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that bugs me about Toppin is that he's 22. That in itself is a bad thing for a potential high pick. Pile on top of that the fact that he's listed as a sop re. He has no more D1 experience than most 20 YOs in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that bugs me about Toppin is that he's 22. That in itself is a bad thing for a potential high pick. Pile on top of that the fact that he's listed as a sop re. He has no more D1 experience than most 20 YOs in the draft.
    The Spurs apparently worked him out last year before he decided to stay in college. Pretty interesting that the Spurs knew he would be this good in college this year.

Thread Information