Page 15 of 115 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs apparently worked him out last year before he decided to stay in college. Pretty interesting that the Spurs knew he would be this good in college this year.
    Bodes well for this year.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs apparently worked him out last year before he decided to stay in college. Pretty interesting that the Spurs knew he would be this good in college this year.
    so we have a great scouting stuff but never tanked to get an opportunity to draft those good prospects?? thats frustrating, hope that this year spurs wont screw this up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now one of my draft candidates is Aleksej Pokusevski - good defensive instincts.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isiah Stewart is going to give us the business with Dallas 4 times a year lmao. Gonna bully everyone on our team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now one of my draft candidates is Aleksej Pokusevski - good defensive instincts.
    I like him he is definitely moving up the draft boards my only concern is his shoulders are so narrow I don’t know how much muscle he could add and he is very thin. But he is the youngest player in the draft and he has a nice outside shot and doesn’t mind rebounding and blocking shots so I believe he will be off the board by pick 15.

My top 4 are:
    1. Deni Avdija - SF
    2. Tyrese Haliburton- PG
    3. RJ Hampton - PG/SG
    4. Patrick Williams- PF/SF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Williams is another Metu. No thanks.

Whats the fascination with having another PG who will take years to learn the system? Let DJ and/or White grow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that bugs me about Toppin is that he's 22. That in itself is a bad thing for a potential high pick. Pile on top of that the fact that he's listed as a sop re. He has no more D1 experience than most 20 YOs in the draft.
    He’s the only 22 year old I like in this draft.

He looks a bit like LMA with more athleticism (and LMA still has a decent amount).

He’ll definitely thrive in the full court game (more than LMA) due to his motor.

NBADraft.net rates him a 9 (the highest) in both athleticism and size – that’s rare.

Pretty sure he’ll be gone by 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody think Obi Toppin could fall like Brandon Clarke did last draft tho?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am on the shaddiq Bey Bandwagon. Good 3 and D player. also is a SF. If we could trade down a few spots I would not be opposed to it. I see players going all over in this draft so it will be hard to know where people will be drafted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theoretically, but if they're a long term starting back court, then they have to luck into a rarer archetype (do it all big wing or point center) to build an offense around.

They've already committed to Murray and desperately need what Walker could be, which probably means White's long term future here is 6th man/3rd guard and he might be 30 by the time the team is good again.

I like everything about him but the lack of assertiveness. Unfortunately, the fact that he so willingly took being demoted (despite playing better last season than Murray ever has) was further proof of that. Also, stagnating or worse at 25, was not a good look.
    It's a big summer for Derrick.

Last summer, he didn't get to follow his workout/development plan because of Team USA. That was a big reason we saw him plateau a bit. It also didn't help that Pop did him no favors in regards to playing time and touches (how did Bryn play more?)

This summer, he has big plans to focus on personal growth over everything else. 4-5 hours a day.

I expect him to have his best season next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to draft Devin Vassell at 11.

Saddiq Bey wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last summer, he didn't get to follow his workout/development plan because of Team USA. That was a big reason we saw him plateau a bit. It also didn't help that Pop did him no favors in regards to playing time and touches (how did Bryn play more?)

This summer, he has big plans to focus on personal growth over everything else. 4-5 hours a day.

That's cool to think but some of us in the Denver/ Parker area know that for as talented as he is his mentality will always hold him back. I'm from Parker and I love Derricks game but he has always had a mentality that will cause him to never reach his full potential. That's why when y'all were saying he was going to be Brandon Roy I didn't buy it because he doesn't possess Roy's mentality even though I think he does a lot of things better than Roy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh, he’ll have his best year. For this number one reason. Contract year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows maybe they’ll sit him a lot like Poeltl to help get him on a good contract haha

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't dived too deep but I also am liking Saddiq Bey. There are some wildly varying opinions on him, like the positive video from Adam Spinella versus the rather pessmistic Draft Dummies podcast. But I like what I see enough.

He may not be a #1 defensive go-to wing, far from it. But in a lineup with any 2 of Murray/Walker/White/Johnson he probably wouldn't be asked to check the best scoring wings anyway. One thing I am sure of is that he'd be a better defensive presence than Bryn Forbes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't expect him to be a Spur next year.

Spurs decisions are incredibly poor and unsound. Their Knicks-ian approach or Vlade-type conclusions lead me to believe that White will be dumped for way under value. The front office that signed DeMarre Carroll and Marco and screwed up with Bertans and the coaching staff that refused to play White and Murray together for half an NBA season are still in charge and that means doing dumb things like trading White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have done a good job keeping their rookie contracts that they want. If they want to keep white, they will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Clarke has some serious question marks that caused him to fall. Toppin's biggest knock is probably his age. Also, apparently he is pretty slow laterally. Probably still a top 7 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have done a good job keeping their rookie contracts that they want. If they want to keep white, they will.
    I tend to think that they should at least explore trading White, regardless of whom they draft. If it turns out to be Hampton or Maledon that they draft, then they obviously should move White. Technically, the could re-sign him then trade him later for a better asset in that scenario.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw how about trading back ddr and 2nd pick to toronto for marc gasol + 1st pick? we could get patrick williams, vernon, jalen smith or paul reed with their pick. Finally we could fill in the gap on a pf/c spots while still keeping our young guards + draft another one like vassel/bey/neismith/haliburton(god please) or even hampton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw how about trading back ddr and 2nd pick to toronto for marc gasol + 1st pick? we could get patrick williams, vernon, jalen smith or paul reed with their pick. Finally we could fill in the gap on a pf/c spots while still keeping our young guards + draft another one like vassel/bey/neismith/haliburton(god please) or even hampton
    Fat Gasol is ancient, in NBA terms, and LMA is too slow now to play PF.

If they want DD back, and he really wants to go, I'm not taking anything less than Anunoby. We're not under the gun here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are expiring. Can't trade them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are expiring. Can't trade them.
    Not even remotely true. Only players signing a one year contract, or accepting a year 5 QO, which is a one year contract, cannot be traded without their consent. Expirings can be traded at any time, as long as they follow the rules, which have changed a bit. If you had an expiring with 3 million guaranteed out of 20, you used to be able to take back 20, and the other team got a huge break by releasing the player and only having to pay them 3M. Now, you can only take back the guaranteed part, or 3M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't expect him to be a Spur next year.

Spurs decisions are incredibly poor and unsound. Their Knicks-ian approach or Vlade-type conclusions lead me to believe that White will be dumped for way under value. The front office that signed DeMarre Carroll and Marco and screwed up with Bertans and the coaching staff that refused to play White and Murray together for half an NBA season are still in charge and that means doing dumb things like trading White.
    This is the biggest issue. The FO has pushed the stupidity lever into overdrive since the patty and pau contracts. And I haven’t seen any evidence of them pulling the stupidity lever back down.

i enjoy the draft options discussions and the trade discussions. I have my preferences but a lot of them are sound options. But we all know the FO will do their own thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no chance of that. He will be picked in the top 4.

Thread Information