Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, lets surprise the league by taking a guard who is between 5' and 6'/ Maybe we could set another record by signing the shortest player ever in the league. And we could trade or resign Boban. Drastic times call for drastic laughs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lamo...go think your aren't a gm. holy this is bad. Jr will asking for a max, while Dj is on a team friendly contract. Harris is worth more than the MlE. Latly we don't need another pg/sg, we need sf/pf.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs should do everything to get obi toppin.

move up by using f.e murray. Then signing gallinari (hes a UFA this summer)

white/loonie/gallinari/obi/LMA(whiteside)

if lma leaves than spurs can sign whiteside or paul millsap
    Last edited by spurspl; 03-15-2020 at 04:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 & 2 trade down
    #3 Avdiya
    #4 Okoro or Toppin
    Thats pretty high for Toppin' but I'd be fine with him.

Just watched some clips of his, impressive.

Good athlete and very quick for a big, massive 7'4 wing span, looks like he can be a hit 3's at the next level as well as score in post and around the rim consistently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft Wiseman

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, lets surprise the league by taking a guard who is between 5' and 6'/ Maybe we could set another record by signing the shortest player ever in the league. And we could trade or resign Boban. Drastic times call for drastic laughs.
    Muggsy Bogues was 5 ft 3, I doubt you can beat that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since this is an IF thread, who do you see us picking if we get:
    Pick #1?

If we draw pick#2?

If we draw pick #3?

If we draw pick #4?
    If we get either one of those picks, I hope it ends with us getting James Wiseman.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I'm talking about!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since this is an IF thread, who do you see us picking if we get:
    Pick #1?

If we draw pick#2?

If we draw pick #3?

If we draw pick #4?
    I'm thinking if it's #1 or #2, Wiseman. #3 or #4, Avdiya.

If we got Wiseman, we then trade LMA back to Portland for whatever we can get.

If we get Avdiya, then DJM and / or DDR go on the market as he'll eat up the 3 minutes, making DDR & DJM fight over minutes. Whites gotta be our PG next year and Keldon should be in the rotation. If DDR goes, could be a good reason to bring Nikola over from a salary perspective. Depending on what we bring back in a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking if it's #1 or #2, Wiseman. #3 or #4, Avdiya.

If we got Wiseman, we then trade LMA back to Portland for whatever we can get.

If we get Avdiya, then DJM and / or DDR go on the market as he'll eat up the 3 minutes, making DDR & DJM fight over minutes. Whites gotta be our PG next year and Keldon should be in the rotation. If DDR goes, could be a good reason to bring Nikola over from a salary perspective. Depending on what we bring back in a trade.
    He's not coming. He was drafted right before the new rules emphasis that forces switches on almost every PnR. He's a lumbering dinosaur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toppin looks like the superstar of the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toppin looks like a playground legend. Amare Stoudemire lite. I haven't seen enough to show me that he's a real basketball player.
    Maybe, I'm wrong. No way 10 teams pass on him, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not coming. He was drafted right before the new rules emphasis that forces switches on almost every PnR. He's a lumbering dinosaur.
    I was under the impression that he was very mobile. Wow, was that wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was under the impression that he was very mobile. Wow, was that wrong.
    He's a euro big, and actually european, not an import from Africa, like Ibaka. I think if the Spurs had any idea of the upcoming sea change in the league, he never would have been drafted. I havent heard him mentioned by PATFO in years, usually a sign that they're not coming over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toppin looks like a playground legend. Amare Stoudemire lite. I haven't seen enough to show me that he's a real basketball player.
    Maybe, I'm wrong. No way 10 teams pass on him, though.
    Amare is the first player I thought of when watching clips of him. Seems like a definite top 10 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These guys have us picking Iowa State's Haliburton at 11.

Can't get excited about yet another point guard, even if we need one because DJ and White may not be anything special.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/3/...s-timberwolves

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can't get excited about yet another point guard, even if we need one because DJ and White may not be anything special.

Facts!! We need to go big in this draft and next year's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Halliburton would be a solid pick. Plus defender, and he’ll stuff the stat sheet like JKidd did. His 3 ball is ugly, but he has huge range with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd be fine with the Spurs taking another guard. Since they don't trade 1sts, there is always going to be overlap with other young prospects on the roster. Key difference is that the guard being selected would probably have a much higher upside given the higher quality of talent found at the top of the draft.

I wouldn't mind them taking Hampton and trading White for another lottery pick, assuming that they can't package White and the 11th to move up.

White probably maxes out as a good starter, above average bench player. Hampton has star potential and is nearly 7 years younger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be fine with the Spurs taking another guard. Since they don't trade 1sts, there is always going to be overlap with other young prospects on the roster. Key difference is that the guard being selected would probably have a much higher upside given the higher quality of talent found at the top of the draft.

I wouldn't mind them taking Hampton and trading White for another lottery pick, assuming that they can't package White and the 11th to move up.

White probably maxes out as a good starter, above average bench player. Hampton has star potential and is nearly 7 years younger.
    So, why is someone going to take him for a lottery pick? Or take our pick, plus him, and move us up?

You can't have it both ways. If he's valuable enough to do one or both of those things, he's definitely a keeper. If he's not, no one will do either of the things above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Halliburton would be a solid pick. Plus defender, and he’ll stuff the stat sheet like JKidd did. His 3 ball is ugly, but he has huge range with it.
    Agree. Halliburton would be a great choice. He has DJ’s length and defense but also has playmaking skills and can shoot. If we draft him then we should move white or DJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, why is someone going to take him for a lottery pick? Or take our pick, plus him, and move us up?

You can't have it both ways. If he's valuable enough to do one or both of those things, he's definitely a keeper. If he's not, no one will do either of the things above.
    I can have it both ways. Whites an established player who is probably a good starter in the NBA. A team that doesn't have a pick in the top 5 probably may rather have White than, say the 10th pick, given the reputation of this draft.

A team in the top 5 may only view this as a two player draft and be willing to move down, getting a starting guard and while only moving down a few spots is pretty good return tbh.

White potentially getting the Spurs a lottery pick doesn't make him a keeper, especially if the Spurs select a guard like Hampton. They don't tend to miss on picks and, given his potential, they could help turn him into a star. White's situation is almost identical to George Hill tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We dont have an actual pg...just guys pretending tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We dont have an actual pg...just guys pretending tbh
    Huh? White is an actual PG. He thrived last season being handled the reigns of the team and setting up his teammates, had great chemistry on the PnR with Jakob and was very aggressive when we needed him to be, despite being hindered by two "stars" demanding the ball for their ISO-heavy, outdated playstyles. DJ I could see the argument for; he'll probably never be above-average at running an offense, and would be best used as a combo guard starting alongside White (provided one or both of DD and LMA are off the team, and DJ's jumper and willingness to shoot keep growing steadily), or with another ball-dominant player who's a good playmaker, like Giannis does for the Bucks (DD could fit here if he wasn't such a stupidly bad player for the modern NBA).

But I do agree with your overall sentiment that, if there's a chance of Deni Avidja falling to us, you take BPA and figure it out later. No one is untouchable on the team right now... Closest would be Lonnie, imo, and even then I'd understand the Spurs drafting another SG/SF if it's the BPA, though I'd rather they take their chances on a SF/PF or PF/C type player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? White is an actual PG. He thrived last season being handled the reigns of the team and setting up his teammates, had great chemistry on the PnR with Jakob and was very aggressive when we needed him to be, despite being hindered by two "stars" demanding the ball for their ISO-heavy, outdated playstyles. DJ I could see the argument for; he'll probably never be above-average at running an offense, and would be best used as a combo guard starting alongside White (provided one or both of DD and LMA are off the team, and DJ's jumper and willingness to shoot keep growing steadily), or with another ball-dominant player who's a good playmaker, like Giannis does for the Bucks (DD could fit here if he wasn't such a stupidly bad player for the modern NBA).

But I do agree with your overall sentiment that, if there's a chance of Deni Avidja falling to us, you take BPA and figure it out later. No one is untouchable on the team right now... Closest would be Lonnie, imo, and even then I'd understand the Spurs drafting another SG/SF if it's the BPA, though I'd rather they take their chances on a SF/PF or PF/C type player.
    I agree with the sentiment that Walker is pretty untouchable, but I think at this point Johnson has done more and impressed more with the minutes he's given even with 1 less year than walker.

Thread Information