Page 26 of 115 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is 25. Plenty of time for him to get to the Spurs and fill a possible future need. There is always a need for a bruiser. Was it a bad pick? Probably.
    He signed a 3 year deal this year to stay overseas. He'd be 28 by the time he can sign with the Spurs. He's already a plodding center, waiting 3 years probably isn't going to make him more ready for the NBA.

Plus, he reportedly wanted most of the MLE on a long term deal. No way the Spurs were going to pay upwards of $21 million to a center unless he has potential to be a good starter (like Poeltl). They should cut their losses, Metu and Eubanks have a better chance of being rotation NBA players than Milutinov tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LJC was bad luck, tearing his ACL after getting drafted. He might've actually developed into a pretty good player especially with how the game changed since he was drafted.

Milutinov was a baffling pick, when it happened. They pinched pennies when they didn't have too. They didn't need to draft and stash to re-sign Green, Kawhi, and signing Aldridge. Still, two 1st rounders in three years not even playing NBA minutes for the Spurs really hurts.
    A torn ACL isn't a death sentence. He was a raw, long, athletic player, who had no discernible skill(s).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A torn ACL isn't a death sentence. He was a raw, long, athletic player, who had no discernible skill(s).
    uh, the spurs let him play for many years and he clearly was not the same. Spursfans always about the spurs taking skilled non athletic guys but when they do people go out of their way to diminish it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure but losing a year of development, along with being raw, certainly didn't help. It might've turned out differently had it not happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    71 days until we know where we will pick!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So hearing that the Knicks aren't sure if they want Knox as part of there future.

Might worth a shot, maybe trade see if the Knicks are willing to trade him for a 2nd +Mitu or just a 2nd round pick.

I've heard he's a bit lazy, and has a low iq. But the skill set is there.

6'9 with a 7'1 wingspan, with solid skill set. he averaged 12 pts as a 19 year old, so the skill is there.

He's needs to work on his Efficiency, and getting out of New York might help.

He'll only be 21, at worst he could be a solid 3 and D guy, with proper development. Has the size to play SF and PF.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's my big board so far. I try to evaluate potential. How I see a player developing in the next 2 to 5 years based on their play type/ potential. Of course some players won't develop and some players will go above their ceilings. If I'm the Spurs at 11 I take Okoro based off of team need. Haliburton and Hayes are intriguing but the future is Murray and Walker right? BPA would be Hayes. Nesmith would be the knockdown shooter. Okoro would be the defender. I have no clue who the Spurs would target.

1. Lamelo Ball- Lonzo Ball w/o deferring, less defense

2. Jaden McDaniels- Brandon Ingram
    3. Anthony Edwards- Zach Lavine
    4. Patrick Williams- Josh Smith
    5. Tyrese Maxey- SG Tony Parker
    6. Obi Toppin- John Collins with wiggle
    7. Deni Avdija- Gordon Hayward
    8. Theo Maledon- slower Tony Parker
    9. James Wiseman McGee/ Whiteside mix
    10. Onyeka Okongwu- Serge Ibaka

11. Killian Hayes-Goran Dragic
    12. Tyrese Halliburton- Malcolm Brogdon
    13. Issac Okoro- high iq Jonathan Simmons/ Iguodala
    14. Aaron Nesmith- Bojan Bogdonovic
    15. Kira Lewis- Jrue Holiday no length/ Aaron Brooks
    16. Vernon Carey Jr.- Conditioned Al Jefferson
    17. Josh Green- More athletic Danny Green
    18. Jahmius Ramsey- green light Marcus Smart less intensity
    19. Devin Vassel- Corey Brewer
    20. RJ Hampton- taller Ish Smith
    21. Cole Anthony- Anthony Simmons/ Patty Mills
    22. Alesej Pokusuveski- Confident Bjelca/ Porzingis
    23. Jalen Smith- Christian Wood
    24. Josh Green- more Athletic Danny Green
    25. Leandro Balmaro- Fast Jo Ingles/ Prigioni
    26. Tyrell Terry- Seth Curry
    27. Tyler Bey- athletic Andre Robeson
    28. Xavier Tillman- Draymond less passing awareness
    29. Paul Redd- little slower Jerami Grant
    30. Precious Achiuwa- Josh Powell with a handle
    31. Killian Tillie- Montiejunas
    32. Saddiq Bey- Anthony Tolliver

33. Desmond Bane - less wiggle Dion Waiters
    34. Nico Manion- Tyler Johnson
    35. Immanuel Quickley- Austin Rivers
    36. Jordan Nwora- Dillon Brooks
    37. Skylar Mays- less athletic Gary Harris
    38. Zeke Nahji- less explosive B. Clarke
    39. Tre Jones- reverse Tyus Jones

40. Isaiah Stewart - less athletic, more iq Faried
    Last edited by keithington1; 07-09-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring some unforeseen medical issue, Haliburton and Hayes won't make it to 11, but theoretically speaking you don't let the presence of Murray and Walker stand in the way of snatching them up.

Who to keep long term can be sorted out later. In the meantime, the biggest long term need remains primary play maker (scorer too, but it's at least conceivable Walker could become that) and unlike the current youth, they could potentially develop into that.

Of the players I've zeroed in on at 11 or to trade up, I don't get the Vassell and Bey comps, but I agree with the Avdija one. Unfortunately, between his recent uptick from 3 (granted, small sample size) and the Spurs luck, I'm sure he'll best projections and go top 4, right in front of where they can probably conceivably trade up to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive been studying Tyler Bey

If we trade away DeMar and Aldridge

I think Tyler is someone who the Spurs go for. Tyler is a midrange master who has a lot of post moves for a wing and the Spurs probably wont abandon their love for midrange scoring for good

Tyler's footwork in the post is something very few NBA players have
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-13-2020 at 07:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dream draft would either be to draft Deni Avidja or trade down and draft both Precious Achiuwa and Tyler Bey.

Dejounte/ White
    Lonnie/ Mills
    Keldon/ Bey
    Lyles/ Luka/ Precious
    Poetl/ Aldridge

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we lose a bunch of games in Orlando do we move up from 11th or are stops locked in since not all NBA teams going down to Florida tournament?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s a breakdown of all the major mock drafts. After each name you can see the range of where they believe each player be selected. It is unlikely but there are a few exciting names that are in the 11th pick range (Hayes & Haliburton especially)

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-mock...l-projections/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we lose a bunch of games in Orlando do we move up from 11th or are stops locked in since not all NBA teams going down to Florida tournament?
    The only thing that can affect our draft position is to actually make the playoffs. We can jump from 13 to 9 in the West, get into the play in game, win the first one, drop the second one, fail to make the playoffs, and still be positioned at 11 for the lottery.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thing that can affect our draft position is to actually make the playoffs. We can jump from 13 to 9 in the West, get into the play in game, win the first one, drop the second one, fail to make the playoffs, and still be positioned at 11 for the lottery.
    Thanks... so no way to move up even if we lose all the games down in Florida... seems unfair. Here's hoping we move up with the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks... so no way to move up even if we lose all the games down in Florida... seems unfair. Here's hoping we move up with the lottery.
    They want teams trying, not sandbagging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They want teams trying, not sandbagging.
    2-6 if this group is trying. Time for the overhaul.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If washing on of Phoenix make the PO then we can move up. Washington has the better shot as the Nets are missing lots of players. That being said so is Washington.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If washing on of Phoenix make the PO then we can move up. Washington has the better shot as the Nets are missing lots of players. That being said so is Washington.
    Washington has zero chance with both Wall and Beal out. In addition, Bertans decided not to play, given his upcoming FA after the season. Phoenix is too far back, and I also don't believe they can beat any #8 team twice in a row, which the playin team has to do. If you look at the schedule, most of the play in teams have schedules heavy with current playoff teams. If you ask me my predictions, there will be no playin in the east, because Washington won't get within 4 games, and New Orleans will playin in the West, because the league wants it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington has zero chance with both Wall and Beal out. In addition, Bertans decided not to play, given his upcoming FA after the season. Phoenix is too far back, and I also don't believe they can beat any #8 team twice in a row, which the playin team has to do. If you look at the schedule, most of the play in teams have schedules heavy with current playoff teams. If you ask me my predictions, there will be no playin in the east, because Washington won't get within 4 games, and New Orleans will playin in the West, because the league wants it.
    Speaking of what the league wants, it seems like every time a market has either had sustained success or built momentum only to be decimated by loss or debilitating injury of a superstar, they were almost immediately and conveniently rewarded with the #1 pick . . .

The Magic win the '92 and '93 lottery with generational prospect O'Neal and Webber (turned into Hardaway). They're gone in '96 and '99 respectively. They sign Hill and McGrady in '00. By '04, McGrady wants out and they win the lottery and select Howard. By '12, he wants out and is turned into Vucevic.

The Raptors, with Carter wanting out in '04, end up making arguably the most embarrassing trade of this magnitude until the Spurs bailed them out on multiple fronts 14 years later. In between, they win the '06 lottery and select Bargnani.

The Cavaliers, decimated by the departure of James in '10, win the '11 lottery and select Irving. They'd make it 3 in 4 by selecting Bennett in '13 and Wiggins in '14 respectively. Those two are turned into Love to facilitate the return of the prodigal son.

The Pelicans have Paul wanting out in '11. Owned by the league at the time, they nix a sub par trade with the Lakers. By '12, they win the lottery with generational prospect Davis. In '19, he wants out. They win the lottery with generational prospect Williamson and the Lakers move up in the lottery (somehow, 4 times in 5 year of picking near the top, they never moved back), making a trade with them more palatable.

That takes me to the Spurs. They win the '87 lottery and generational prospect Robinson. He suffers a career altering injury in '96 and they win the '97 lottery and generational prospect Duncan. In '18, S bag wants out, intentionally destroys his value and they make arguably the most infamous trade in sports, leaving them in shambles . . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just get James Wiseman in black and silver and I'm good.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nets are decimated by injuries. Washington and Phoenix both could make it in. If either does then we get a slightly better spot. The nets probably have the easiest schedule but of the two that could make it in a give us a better pick I would put it on washinton. I did not say that they will just that they could. BTW I think the nets have the easiest schedule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nets are decimated by injuries. Washington and Phoenix both could make it in. If either does then we get a slightly better spot. The nets probably have the easiest schedule but of the two that could make it in a give us a better pick I would put it on washinton. I did not say that they will just that they could. BTW I think the nets have the easiest schedule.
    Washington and Phoenix will not make the playoffs. We will not make the playoffs. We will enter the lottery positioned at #11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington and Phoenix will not make the playoffs. We will not make the playoffs. We will enter the lottery positioned at #11.
    Isn't there a 2% chance for each of the top 4 lottery balls that could fall to the Spurs? It's a small chance, but Cleveland won 3 times out of 4 consecutive lotteries.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He asked if there was a way and there is. It may not be likely but there is a way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information