Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the sentiment that Walker is pretty untouchable, but I think at this point Johnson has done more and impressed more with the minutes he's given even with 1 less year than walker.
    Agree. Keldon looks special, and more importantly, ready. Lonnie, having played much more in the NBA by now, still looks like he's got many things to put together. I'm hoping this time off can help the both of them grow together, considering there's videos of them training along one another. Definitely our two "untouchables".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like most of the folks on here, I like the new guys and have confidence they will develop into good NBA players. The thing is, for the Spurs to get back to the promised land, they have to get that generational type of player. Right now, we are drafting/developing Sean Elliotts which are solid and needed but to get back into a serious shot at the finals, we need the David Robinson or Tim Duncan type talent to go with the young guns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like most of the folks on here, I like the new guys and have confidence they will develop into good NBA players. The thing is, for the Spurs to get back to the promised land, they have to get that generational type of player. Right now, we are drafting/developing Sean Elliotts which are solid and needed but to get back into a serious shot at the finals, we need the David Robinson or Tim Duncan type talent to go with the young guns.
    Easier said than done though I understand.... Most of those guys go number one in the draft because it is known they will become studs but I guess this organization drafted the last talent later in the draft with Nephew. Will the basketball gods smile on us again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothetical question - if the season is canceled shouldn't all teams be in the lottery?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hypothetical question - if the season is canceled shouldn't all teams be in the lottery?
    They'll probably just act like the regular season ended at the last game played and have the regular draft format. Sucks a bit for the Spurs since it looked like Pop was finally ready to face the truth and throw the towel... Even if we'd been losing all season anyways. We just have to pray to the flattened odds and lottery gods getting us into the top 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice if they pull off some magic moves like in Draft Day, probably not gonna happen since it’s basketball and it’s the spurs.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spura have to go young , with huge upside. Knowing that the player will be 2-3 years away. But they need to move DeRozan to a team tired of losing and try and get a extra pick as well. There are a few guys that fit the Spurs needs, but are not worth the #11 pick, Saddiq Bey and Jaden McDaniels. Both are a reach with#11 but fit the need of a bigger small forward, and Bey is along

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think that spurs drafts the players who declare that they wanna be like 'slaves' and do everything what pop say. That may be the reason why spurs aint draft so well bc all these best young players dont wanna do this things. They wanna be a star and have a significant influence on a team. So i wont be surprise if spurs pass on a best available player these draft to get one who just agree to 'superiority' of pop.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think that spurs drafts the players who declare that they wanna be like 'slaves' and do everything what pop say. That may be the reason why spurs aint draft so well bc all these best young players dont wanna do this things. They wanna be a star and have a significant influence on a team. So i wont be surprise if spurs pass on a best available player these draft to get one who just agree to 'superiority' of pop.

Yeah i agree spurs need to hire tyrone lue.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man stop the Spurs don't treat their players like slaves. In fact the Spurs have players on this team who are total opposite from what they're used to. You say a lot of dumb but this slave narrative is the worst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the season could be over it is pretty exciting to probably have the 11th pick, been watching highlights of some of the guys mocked in the 8-15 range, not to shabby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This upcoming draft may reveal how good some teams are when it comes to drafting. No NCAA tournament to see, workouts are likely not to happen, I guess interviews can be done via facetime but the scouting is going to be relegated to what happened pre-Covid19. The tournament has generally allowed players to improve their draft status as they have played well in March Madness.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next year, every rookie is likely to spend some time if not all of their time in the gleague. There will be a lot of rust to knock off. So spurs are better off getting someone with the highest upside, hopefully they pass on seniors this year until the 2nd round again like last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll probably just act like the regular season ended at the last game played and have the regular draft format. Sucks a bit for the Spurs since it looked like Pop was finally ready to face the truth and throw the towel... Even if we'd been losing all season anyways. We just have to pray to the flattened odds and lottery gods getting us into the top 4.
    The lowest we were realistically going to get anyways was probably 10th anyways if we were able to out-lose the Suns (who were actually playing better with Ayton back).

9th place is Charlotte who had a 6-game lead in the loss column with 17 games left. Even if the Spurs went into full on tank mode (i.e. playing Forbes 48 minutes), it's doubtful we catch that.

I'd really be pissed if I were a top 5 team getting a 26th-30th pick without even getting a playoffs (if that's the way the season goes).

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man stop the Spurs don't treat their players like slaves. In fact the Spurs have players on this team who are total opposite from what they're used to. You say a lot of dumb but this slave narrative is the worst.
    yeaa maybe 'slave' narrative was lil too much but cmon. Spurs players have no freedom on a court. They must do what pop wants to. There was a game when loonie finished by dunking and pop was pissed on him and immediately benched him wtf?! As a coach u need to give ur players an opportunity to use their skills and creativeness in a way they want to. Thats the part of development. Pop isnt a god and doesnt know anything. Of course hes an experienced and successful coach but the way he treats players wont attract the best ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop isnt a god and doesnt know anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft is technically less than 90 days away but I doubt it will happen until the season is over or officially cancelled.

The last LA sports-radio-host rumor I heard was a tentative June 30 for a restart. But that was over a week ago (i.e., over a year ago by today's "a week seems like a year" calendar). If the season were to resume June 30 and go one to two months (it was shut down with over three months to go), then the draft might be held early August to early September.

More likely, the season will just be cancelled. But when that decision is made will likely affect the date of the draft.

Another thing folks haven't focused on is the draft combine. That's no more feasible now than the NBA games, themselves. And what about player workouts for individual teams?

Looks like it's all up in the air.
    Last edited by Russ; 03-28-2020 at 03:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    need to move lma and ddr 2 loser mentality players

get rid of belli, forbes and wombat

spurs will be good if they actually have a volume scorer, spurs lack a scorer on the team who isnt afraid about fg% bull ...why not trade fro mccollum? i think he needs his own team, his been held back on the blazers, even though he does have a habbit of games below 8pts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loser mentality is contagious. LMA, DDR, and Forbes all fit that bill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    need to move lma and ddr 2 loser mentality players

get rid of belli, forbes and wombat

spurs will be good if they actually have a volume scorer, spurs lack a scorer on the team who isnt afraid about fg% bull ...why not trade fro mccollum? i think he needs his own team, his been held back on the blazers, even though he does have a habbit of games below 8pts
    blazers wouldnt trade mccollum for anything we got,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loser mentality is contagious. LMA, DDR, and Forbes all fit that bill.
    Thats our core! be nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let DeMar walk. Trade Murray for Kelly Oubre JR. Then with th 11th pick if RJ Hampton is there still run to the podium and take him. Then use the MLE to sign Joe Harris. a line up of White, Harris, Oubre Jr, Lyles and Aldridge could get you back into the playoffs while also rebuilding.
    *Walks into the Spurs forum in a minute to see how things are going*

*Opens this thread*

*walks right back out*

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Garza with our second rd pick would be something I am interested in. If we could trade back in the second I think we could still get him as most are predicting end of 2nd or not drafted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring lottery luck, I still think there's a good chance White is shopped, first to package with their pick to move up for Avdija or failing that, if the stand pat and select Hampton, Haliburton, Hayes or Maledon (all varying degrees of younger replacements), for a pick in the mid 1st to select Bey or Vassell.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly until a Vaccine is created for the CCP Virus I don’t think will have a season until 2022.

Thread Information