Page 32 of 115 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    #POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does anyone know the personality of those young guys in this draft? who fits the best in a spurs requirements? i mean whos humble, loyal and its not an "alpha" male?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wondering if they target another PG with aims of moving Murray. He's got skills, but hasn't shown much of being a point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wondering if they target another PG with aims of moving Murray. He's got skills, but hasn't shown much of being a point guard.
    As Pop said today... There are no point guards on this team, there are perimeter players. I think the whole system is now built around this idea. I dont think they are trying to have an actual point guard for this team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In theory I like that but In order for that to work you need the beautiful game all players must be able to have good handles and good court vision and the ability to take it to the rim or pop from the outside. And yeah all of them need to be 6’6 and taller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In theory I like that but In order for that to work you need the beautiful game all players must be able to have good handles and good court vision and the ability to take it to the rim or pop from the outside. And yeah all of them need to be 6’6 and taller.
    Why? The shorter you are the quicker you are. Height isn't everything when you consider the factors. Plus, decent ball handling by taller players gets worse and are more rare to come by. Trust me, im almost obsessed with us getting a player thats taller this offseason but im not for replacing ALL our players with tall ones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Pop said today... There are no point guards on this team, there are perimeter players. I think the whole system is now built around this idea. I dont think they are trying to have an actual point guard for this team.
    I saw that Pop quote, paraphrasing what Rumsfeld said back in the day, you to war with the army you have, not the one you want. In other words, this is what it is. If a an excellent point guard is the best player available at 11 I would imagine they would take him and the philosophy changes if the draftee is ready to play year one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love if Obi Toppin would fall or we trade up for him.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love if Obi Toppin would fall or we trade up for him.
    agree, hes already ready to be a starting PF and we need a guy like him. But im worry if hes a guy with a character that fits to spurs organization. Maybe im wrong bc i dont know him but he looks like a guy that want to play like he wants to, not like the coach wants etc.
    Last edited by spurspl; 08-03-2020 at 09:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree, hes already ready to be a starting PF and we need a guy like him. But imo hes not a guy with a character that fits to spurs organization. Maybe im wrong bc i dont know him but he looks like a guy that want to play like he wants to, not like the coach wants etc.
    With Aldridge eyeing a comeback tour with Lillard, plus Toppin would be great running with our athletic young core. Please I’d give Bryn, Metu, Samanic, and throw in Patty to sweeten the deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we win tonight, we need to be looking at the possibility of having a lower pick. Playoffs baby...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we going to pick between 12 and 14 so if those numbers hold true I am looking at the following:

1ST Round
    * Kira Lewis PG 6’3
    * Aleksej Pokusevski PF 7’0
    * Patrick Williams SF/PF 6’8
    *Saddiq Bey SF 6’8

2ND Round
    * Killian Tillie PF 6’10
    * Jordan Nwora SF 6’8
    * Mamadi Diakite PF 6’9

I would love and try and trade Rudy for a late first round and pick one of the following:

* Jalen Smith C 6,10
    * Reggie Perry C 6,10
    * Daniel Otoru 6,10
    *Xavier Tillman C 6’10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to clarify... Are odds are at the 11th pick unless we make the playoffs right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to clarify... Are odds are at the 11th pick unless we make the playoffs right?
    Correct

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand, if we don't make the PO we'll have the 11th pick odds ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand, if we don't make the PO we'll have the 11th pick odds ?
    I think for the lottery odds, all that matters is the games played pre-league shut down unless we make the playoffs then are odds change

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok thanks so it would be the 11th pick odds or 15th to 17th if we make the PO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we going to pick between 12 and 14 so if those numbers hold true I am looking at the following:

1ST Round
    * Kira Lewis PG 6’3
    * Aleksej Pokusevski PF 7’0
    * Patrick Williams SF/PF 6’8
    *Saddiq Bey SF 6’8

2ND Round
    * Killian Tillie PF 6’10
    * Jordan Nwora SF 6’8
    * Mamadi Diakite PF 6’9

I would love and try and trade Rudy for a late first round and pick one of the following:

* Jalen Smith C 6,10
    * Reggie Perry C 6,10
    * Daniel Otoru 6,10
    *Xavier Tillman C 6’10

It’s almost impossible for us to pick at 12, and actually impossible to pick at 13 or 14. The draft positions were set March 11. Nothing that happens in Orlando will affect it, unless we actually make the playoffs. We could win seven games, get into the playin, win the first game against MEM, drop the second and just miss the playoff, and we go into the lottery at #11.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    does anyone know the personality of those young guys in this draft? who fits the best in a spurs requirements? i mean whos humble, loyal and its not an "alpha" male?
    fook that nice boi ish give me someone with personality like keldon johnson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . We could win seven games, get into the playin, win the first game against MEM, drop the second and just miss the playoff, and we go into the lottery at #11.
    That'd almost be the best case scenario. Most experience for our young guys and best pick possible.

That said, the fan in me still wants to see us make the playoffs and extend the streak. Though being swept by the Lakers (who do we have that can handle their bigs or LBJ?) somewhat counter balances that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most "Spurs" type of player in the first round would have to be Haliburton but he's gonna go earlier in the draft than our position most likely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Williams was a pretty big recruit who had his choice of a number of schools and when asked why he chose Florida State under Leonard Hamilton he replied that he wanted to learn how to play defense.

He also came off the bench the whole season when he probably could have had a guaranteed starting role anywhere else.

Seems to me to be the kind of guy who's 'over himself' and puts the team first in Spurs logic

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Williams was a pretty big recruit who had his choice of a number of schools and when asked why he chose Florida State under Leonard Hamilton he replied that he wanted to learn how to play defense.

He also came off the bench the whole season when he probably could have had a guaranteed starting role anywhere else.

Seems to me to be the kind of guy who's 'over himself' and puts the team first in Spurs logic
    thats a good sign that there is a big fella with this kind of personality

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are in the lottery, we get pingpong for the top 3 picks right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to look forward to the draft. Spurs need to hit a home run with this pick cause this team is devoid of talent big time right now.

We need a viable big and an athletic Forward badly.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to look forward to the draft. Spurs need to hit a home run with this pick cause this team is devoid of talent big time right now.

We need a viable big and an athletic Forward badly.
    agree, trade up for obi or trade down for willims/reed/smith
    or just hope that we can somehow sign andre drummond in FA
    Last edited by spurspl; 08-05-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Thread Information