Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring lottery luck, I still think there's a good chance White is shopped, first to package with their pick to move up for Avdija or failing that, if the stand pat and select Hampton, Haliburton, Hayes or Maledon (all varying degrees of younger replacements), for a pick in the mid 1st to select Bey or Vassell.
    I really like Bey. Seems to be exactly what the Spurs need.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put me down for Bey and Vassell..... Popovich will be ready to neuter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Bey. Seems to be exactly what the Spurs need.
    Put me down for Bey and Vassell..... Popovich will be ready to neuter.
    I would suggest aiming higher.

(NBAdraft.net has Bey going to the Spurs at #41 (2d Round) and Vassell going at #30.)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(NBAdraft.net has Bey going to the Spurs at #41 (2d Round) and Vassell going at #30.)
    I’d suggest looking at more draft boards. Bey is projected from 13-17 and Vassell around the same if not higher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No way Bey goes at 41. I would love it, but it ain't happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may too much to hope for, but the Spurs could use a physically dominant player (or at least with that potential) rather than a more polished product with less upside.

Onyeka Okongwu, 6-9, USC is a physical specimen and already plays elite defense in the paint.

James Wiseman, 7-1, Memphis also might become a difference-maker. There are no doubt others.

Both of the above will probably be gone at 11 but might as well aim high -- the Spurs don't seem to be in position to plug in a ready-to-go role playing shooter. They're just not quite there yet and this is the best draft pick they've had in a while.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It may too much to hope for, but the Spurs could use a physically dominant player (or at least with that potential) rather than a more polished product with less upside.

Onyeka Okongwu, 6-9, USC is a physical specimen and already plays elite defense in the paint.

James Wiseman, 7-1, Memphis also might become a difference-maker. There are no doubt others.

Both of the above will probably be gone at 11 but might as well aim high -- the Spurs don't seem to be in position to plug in a ready-to-go role playing shooter. They're just not quite there yet and this is the best draft pick they've had in a while.
    For sure, they should be selecting whoever they perceive to have the highest upside period . . . but if they don't foresee so much as a puncher's chance at being a star or at least primary offensive option out of the available options, then picking a potentially high end role player is fine.

By that I mean, non physical (athleticism and/or size) liabilities, who can shoot 3s and defend at a respectable rate. Develop a cadre of them and whenever it is they do luck into a star again, they'll automatically fit.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I really like Saddiq Bey for the Spurs. This guy is a tall mobile knockdown shooter. Exactly what the Spurs need. Dude has is much bigger since HS. This guy was a guard just 2 years ago at 0:29 you can see him doing Keldon Johnson dirty with a PG dribble move. I like Vassell and McDaniels as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs gonna draft a guy that none of us can pronounce his name and he won't suit up until 2024

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check out the spin moves at 0:18 and 1:09:

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bey is definitely a safe pick. His lack of athleticism and the burst is a concern, but he should be an NBA starter, with a potential all-star upside or a Potential solid 3 and D guy. He reminds me of a 2018 Rudy, but probably a better defensive player.

Another guy that has been rising is Patrick Williams, a 6'7/6'8 sf with a big body and 6'11 wingspan. He's still 19 i believe, but has all-star potential, but also super raw. he has the tools to be a dominate 2-way player. Has the size and strength to guard sf and potentially pf in a small line-up. Nbadraftroom has him in the top 15, at 11 falling to us. Espn has him at 20 in their ranking. I actually like this pick, good chance that DD stay andtoher year, and allows for Williams to develop more in the g-league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alot of people wanting to tradeup in this years draft, i would not. I'd rather wait for the 21 draft. That class seems to be stocked, especially with franchise players.

top 2 projected picks have the potential to be MVPs, than from 3-16, potential all-stars and even a few franchise calibrate players. Also is class that is stacked with sg/sf. I would definitely try to move up in this draft.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alot of people wanting to tradeup in this years draft, i would not. I'd rather wait for the 21 draft. That class seems to be stocked, especially with franchise players.

top 2 projected picks have the potential to be MVPs, than from 3-16, potential all-stars and even a few franchise calibrate players. Also is class that is stacked with sg/sf. I would definitely try to move up in this draft.
    I don’t see a reason why we can’t trade up and also keep next years draft a priority as well.

Personally I would trade up for any of these 5 players or hope they fall to us:
    -Wiseman
    -Avdija
    -Toppin
    -Okongwu
    -Hayes
    and maybe Haliburton

Otherwise I’d strongly consider trading down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the state of the NBA and the world as a whole it seems more and more likely that players will be opting into options this off season. That said I think DDR opts in for the last year. It's safe to say that he can't fetch us a lottery pick, but packaging him with our first rounder we could move up if we could find a team with a worse record and a history of bad moves (I'm looking at you Detroit). The question is do we value anyone enough to do that? In my opinion it's a no brainer. You move up to and have a better chance to get the guy you want plus getting rid of DDR is addition by subtraction imho.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see the nets as good trade partners for us. They want a 3rd star we want rid of DDR. We have had interest in Prince. If DDR would do an extension that would would work better for him and the nets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the NBA cancel the season ( which will happen, sooner or later ), wouldn't that mean all teams should be part of the lottery with equal chances for the No.1 pick? It'd be unfair to teams who won't be able to take the advantage of playing playoff games if they're denied a chance at the lottery too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be a stupid question but if the @NBA season is cancelled, how do they determine the draft order? Is it based on the records of the teams this season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the NBA cancel the season ( which will happen, sooner or later ), wouldn't that mean all teams should be part of the lottery with equal chances for the No.1 pick? It'd be unfair to teams who won't be able to take the advantage of playing playoff games if they're denied a chance at the lottery too.
    No. The idea of the draft and the lottery is that bad teams need the most help, and should draft first. Do you really want to see some rigged dog and pony show where LeBron magically gets the help that a number one pick would provide?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be a stupid question but if the @NBA season is cancelled, how do they determine the draft order? Is it based on the records of the teams this season?
    They will take the actual standings imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah pretty sure they will take current record for draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will take the actual standings imo.
    No lottery?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bey seems like DeRozen 2.0. He maneuvers in the paint very well to get those close range layups. However, his 3pt shooting form is weird. And I didn't see ANY of the mid range jumpers that De ROz specializes in. The range of videos were small, but that was my impression.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bey seems like DeRozen 2.0. He maneuvers in the paint very well to get those close range layups. However, his 3pt shooting form is weird. And I didn't see ANY of the mid range jumpers that De ROz specializes in. The range of videos were small, but that was my impression.
    You're stylistically comparing a guy who takes roughly half his shots from 3 pt range ( 175 out of 367 shots from 3pt range, this season) to Demar...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actual standings to do the lottery.....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah hoping we get lucky with the ping pong ball. My picks if we stay at 11 on a side note I do agree if we somehow trade LMA or DEROZZ I would want a 2021 draft pick to be part of the trade and I still want to keep our first as well which will definitely help with the rebuild.

SF: Okoro, or Bey
    SG: Hampton, or Vassell
    PF: Pokusevski

I think these will be the best players available at our pick

Thread Information