Page 47 of 115 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2866
    Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him but he can’t shoot and I don’t think you can say Chip is going to fix that shot if he does you gotta give him a big raise.
    It's not just on Chip. The player has to put the work in too. We saw this with Kawhi and also Derrick White who both became great three point shooters. We've also seen players that don't put the time in and have stalled their development as a result(Murray who still has a suspect shot and a ty handle)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avdija is a top-6 pick. He will be long gone by the time we’re on the clock. Depending on how the draft shakes out though, I think we’ll have a decent chance at a 3-and-D wing like Devin Vassell or Aaron Nesmith.

I prefer Nesmith but he’s got some injury concerns. Vassell May have a higher upside but he also has a poor shot selection at times. I think that’ll improve with some NBA coaching. We could use either one on this roster though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precious achiuwa, anyone?
    I like him, i think he is what we need defensively. He can guard 2/3 positions and he improves his shooting more than 1 attempt per game at 32.5%.

I like okongwu too. Wiseman and him are very interesting.

For the bigs I don't think it's bad to draft one because of the actual game. What you Need is a versatile big who is Not a liability on the pnr D, who can switch on some guards.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 08-18-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bolmaro's issue isn't inability to dunk, he just doesn't shoot well in general. If he had a jump shot, he'd be in the top 5 in this draft...
    I've watched a couple full games of Bolmaro and, wow, I've never seen a prospect who appears to be in shape and moves around pretty well who can't jump at all. His passing highlights are impressive but it's difficult for me to look past his inability to jump. Add in his iffy shooting numbers and I haven't yet figured out how he's in the mix for being picked in the first round.

I'm trying to like him because of the possible backdoor connections the Spurs have in Argentina but ... I'm not there. I mean, old man Belinelli jumps higher.
    Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. Was watching some highlight videos of him for the first time a few days ago and that stood out especially on break away drives. Very discouraging considering his height and age.
    allow me to correct myself. I must not have watched everything or watched very closely, as he had 3 clean dunks in the U19 highlights here:

Dunk 1 causes him to celebrate maniacally, and dunk 2 appears to leave him inspecting his wrist.

He does clear the rim on occasion.

That being said, he did sign a 3 year extension to stay in Spain this past week, so he may slip to the second with buyout concerns, or just grabbed and stashed by Boston with one of their many picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, now I've found other videos of him dunking at the minor league or fiba level. Not on anyone, but minor dunks all the same.

Not impressive dunks. And they're outnumbered by layups that seem like dunks for anyone else that just die in front of the rim to become layups.

But I look to have been too harsh.

Still would get buried like Worthy in a dunk contest against Vinny though.

He needs some jumpsoles stat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    730 PM CST Thursday
    Thanks!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there any undersized combo guards in this draft?

I just want to know what name to expect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kira Lewis who's been shooting up the draft board apparently

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol this is my worst nightmare with Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a ton of combo guards in this draft lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Some love again for Isaiah Stewart:

-saw double teams as a FRESHMAN, in one instance I saw he was being triple teamed
    -would probably be an eventual Aldridge replacement, instead of a Rudy Gay one (which I would prefer)
    -one of the youngest players in the draft
    -old school post up big
    -7'4" wing span, I believe
    -friends with DJ and Keldon already on social media
    -nice kid in interviews

Had he gone back to college for one more year, I could see him being a top 10 draft pick... In the same way that Obi Toppin was not even considered a lottery pick last year before deciding to go back to college.

Last edited by Dejounte; 08-18-2020 at 02:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 days until the Lottery.... !!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It wouldn't be the worst thing, honestly. I mean, I wouldn't love it at 11, but guard isn't a settled position, especially if Murray or White gets traded. In the post-DeRozan era, the Spurs are going to need perimeter players who can break down a defense. Only Walker has that potential right now.

Kira Lewis who's been shooting up the draft board apparently

Obviously that's a strengths video, but he looks to have a lot of what the team will need when pieces start coming together. The Spurs aren't lacking for big guards/small wings who have potential to defend. There'd be nothing wrong with drafting someone you think can be the engine to your offense.

Hence why they need to draft Toppin and not worry about his defense, but that's whatever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine if we luck out and fall in the top 4. Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw some highlights for Paul Reed. He'd be an exciting pick for me if the Spurs can find a way to get into the middle of the draft. I could see Boston being willing to do 14 and 26/30 for 11. If Toppin is off the board, I'd be okay with doing that. Otherwise, the team might be able to move up from 41 by including cash, Milutinov and/or future seconds. Or there could be a number of other trades that could get such a pick. But I love the way the dude swarms on defense. He has that MKG-style horrendous shot and he might be Metu-like in terms of his ambition with the ball in his hands. But the way he just seems to absorb people he's guarding would have me very interested in him as a long-term role-playing piece in a new reign of Spurs defensive excellence. White, Walker, Johnson, Reed and Poeltl would be absolutely oppressive.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw some highlights for Paul Reed. He'd be an exciting pick for me if the Spurs can find a way to get into the middle of the draft. I could see Boston being willing to do 14 and 26/30 for 11. If Toppin is off the board, I'd be okay with doing that. Otherwise, the team might be able to move up from 41 by including cash, Milutinov and/or future seconds. Or there could be a number of other trades that could get such a pick. But I love the way the dude swarms on defense. He has that MKG-style horrendous shot and he might be Metu-like in terms of his ambition with the ball in his hands. But the way he just seems to absorb people he's guarding would have me very interested in him as a long-term role-playing piece in a new reign of Spurs defensive excellence. White, Walker, Johnson, Reed and Poeltl would be absolutely oppressive.
    Some mocks have Cole Anthony falling down to late lottery. Before the season he was in contention for the number 1 overall pick. How would you feel about him at 11?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Reed was on my tier 3 list and wouldnt mind him if we traded down also. Would help with the defense for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Come on #1 pick baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some mocks have Cole Anthony falling down to late lottery. Before the season he was in contention for the number 1 overall pick. How would you feel about him at 11?
    I agree with what TD21 said about the how the Spurs should pick a guard if they think that guard can be star. But from the bit I've watched, I don't see a guy who can be the engine of a high-powered offense. If the Spurs specifically needed a guard, sure. But I don't think they do, even if they trade White or Murray. If the Spurs got a second pick in the late teens while moving a guard, then Anthony could make sense there. To get up to 11, I'd need a guy who's a better penetrator, not just a good scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN latest mock draft

11. San Antonio Spurs | No. 1 pick odds: 2.0%

Aaron Nesmith
    Vanderbilt
    F
    Nesmith's draft range: Nos. 8-15
    Given DeMar DeRozan's player option and age, finding a long-term starting wing will surely be a priority for the Spurs. Nesmith is arguably the best shooter in this class, especially off movement, and would fit seamlessly into the Spurs' culture with his work ethic.
    Full Nesmith scouting report

41. Spurs
    Desmond Bane | TCU | G | Age: 22.1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair point. But who do you expect on this roster to stop those players and other superstars. Aldridge is getting old and Poeltl is soft. Spurs are lacking an impact player in the middle to cover everyone’s deficiencies. If the Spurs stop playing defense and try to outscore teams they will not win anymore championships in the near future. I don’t expect Okongwu to make it to 11 but I would seriously consider him 1-4
    Poeltl is a very good defender in two of three areas: Rim protection and in space. Sure, he's a poor post defender (I doubt Okongwu will fare much better in this regard), but that's by far the least important of the three in today's game.

They're not winning a championship in the near future anyway, balance is what wins them and the league is more of an offensive one today.

Not that they'll all be long term fixtures, but most of the current youth either is either a plus or neutral defender. The biggest question mark lies in offense, where they have no centerpiece.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well... let's hope we hand in the top 4 then...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Williams is climbing.

CBS moved him to #8 on their big boards, and now ESPN new mock has him at 12.

He might be gone before 11.

No joke, I think I'd want him in the top 4, I think he has that kind of potential

CBS

. I think teams are higher on him than they are leading on -- I know at least two scouts who have him inside the lottery of their own rankings -- and I suspect that in a draft devoid of surefire wings that he's likely to be considered among those with the brightest long-term outlook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Williams is climbing.

CBS moved him to #8 on their big boards, and now ESPN new mock has him at 12.

He might be gone before 11.

No joke, I think I'd want him in the top 4, I think he has that kind of potential

CBS
    Yet people want Devin ing Vassell.

Watch them shift gears and want Pat now that a ing article says it instead of using their eyes and brain. Thats how it is with a lot of people here.

OR

Like a certain pest on this forum will reply to this post saying theyre sticking to their guns because they'd rather be in denial than be wrong.

You look at Precious in that ESPN mock draft and he's placed 8th now. No one believed Precious should be higher more than I have. You just have to watch players and lean on your understanding vs others. It's that simple.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-18-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Thread Information