Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the NBA cancel the season ( which will happen, sooner or later ), wouldn't that mean all teams should be part of the lottery with equal chances for the No.1 pick? It'd be unfair to teams who won't be able to take the advantage of playing playoff games if they're denied a chance at the lottery too.
    From what I’ve been reading/seeing, this is correct.

Every single team will be in the drawing for the lottery. Its actually written into the rules currently and is not an arbitrary decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every single team will be in the drawing for the lottery. Its actually written into the rules currently and is not an arbitrary decision.
    Huh?

Where did you get that?

Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do you have a source for confirming this? Sounds logical to me because if they cancel the season this would imply scrapping all results, so technically everyone would be 0-0 in the win loss column, thus no way to use the canceled season's standings for the lottery but I have no idea if there's an actual rule for this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have a source for confirming this? Sounds logical to me because if they cancel the season this would imply scrapping all results, so technically everyone would be 0-0 in the win loss column, thus no way to use the canceled season's standings for the lottery but I have no idea if there's an actual rule for this.
    It’s not set in stone; lots of room for interpretation based on the language in the CBA but the language seems on the surface to suggest this. But I was wrong in that it’s “not arbitrary”. It is. It’s seemingly the “rule” but it’s up for interpretation and negotiations more than I originally thought.

However, with how the cba works it can be agreed upon to do something different (like just freeze standings and do it based on that etc).

Here’s a few tweets from a very good capologist:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where it appears to get complicated based on the language around records not counting is that by definition the lottery is 14 teams. So this situation then is outside of that and would require the Board of Governors to come to a decision.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I hear about Maledon, the more he sounds like a Spur (seemingly similar to White all around, only 7 years younger) and considering Parker owns ASVEL, they should have intel on him that's second to none.

If/when they try and fail to move up for Avdija, I could see him being the pick.

As previously alluded to, that would free them up to trade White for a mid 1st (I could see the Magic and Timberwolves being interested) and select Bey or Vassel.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am still on the Luka Garza train in the second round. If we can trade down and convince him to go in the draft he would be a steal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not a fan of any scenarios where we draft down. We should be looking to maximize our chances to get a star, not hoard role players - we've already got a team full of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s Patrick Williams and it’s not close. Have you guys even watched him play? He’s got the IT factor. Sound defensively and has all the tools to develop into an offensive weapon. NBA body as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s Patrick Williams and it’s not close. Have you guys even watched him play? He’s got the IT factor. Sound defensively and has all the tools to develop into an offensive weapon. NBA body as well.
    whats his draft range?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20-30

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be an Euro stash.
    Don't worry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is cancelling the season. They'd instead be cancelling the rest of the season. They aren't going to remove the stats from this year just because it didn't have a normal conclusion.Players will still get their accrued season for free agency or maxes. The season that they played will still count. They may or may not do something with the draft order, but it won't be because everyone is technically 0-0, because they aren't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Williams looks good but defensively imo okoro ceilling is higher and he is in our range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say we have the 11th pick, I don’t love this idea but if somebody falls within grasp would y’all trade 11th pick + DWhite or 11th pick + Lonnie to move up a couple spots??? Say Obi Toppin or Deni Avdija falls a little closer to us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say we have the 11th pick, I don’t love this idea but if somebody falls within grasp would y’all trade 11th pick + DWhite or 11th pick + Lonnie to move up a couple spots??? Say Obi Toppin or Deni Avdija falls a little closer to us
    I wouldn't trade Walker to move up 5-7 spots, but I do like both Toppin and Avdija. Spurs could do something like 11th pick+ White+ protected 2021 pick to try and move up to draft Avdija, if they covet him badly enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If I trade white if will Be for a proven player, i will not trade a player to move up a few spots.

But if we trade up the only target will Be avidja for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys!! It’s ing PATRICK WILLIAMS!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But if we trade up the only target will Be avidja for me.
    If both Samanic and Avdija hit the Spurs would be flying for a long time.

(But both are pretty risky.)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off all, the 2021 draft class is looking like one of the best and deepest classes we seen. Its filled with talent. So their's no way i'm trading the 21 pick.

2nd, i'm on the train for Patrick Williams. 6'7/6'8 sf, that can be a lock down defender, with a good offensive upside. Plus he's one of the youngest player's in the draft with good upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wheres all this hype for Patrick Williams coming from all of a sudden

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon has him going 28 I believe. But without the NCAA finals it’s going to be really hard to who has potential and who is just crap definitely teams will figure out how good there scouting/draft team is for this draft class

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wheres all this hype for Patrick Williams coming from all of a sudden
    A bunch of alts, all pimping the same late first rounder at 11.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't trade Walker to move up 5-7 spots, but I do like both Toppin and Avdija. Spurs could do something like 11th pick+ White+ protected 2021 pick to try and move up to draft Avdija, if they covet him badly enough.
    Same. In this draft, I'm not even sure there's a prospect who definitively has higher upside than Walker as is.

Adding a protected '21 pick (projects to be a loaded draft) to White and 11 to move up a handful of spots, shouldn't be required (and if it is, it shouldn't be considered). Saric and 11 got the Timberwolves 6 last year.

White lacks Saric's pedigree, but is a comparable asset and this is a projected weaker draft, at least at the top.

First off all, the 2021 draft class is looking like one of the best and deepest classes we seen. Its filled with talent. So their's no way i'm trading the 21 pick.

2nd, i'm on the train for Patrick Williams. 6'7/6'8 sf, that can be a lock down defender, with a good offensive upside. Plus he's one of the youngest player's in the draft with good upside.
    I get the logic for Williams, but at some point they have to draft someone who's a bona fide shooter or barring significant improvement on this front from the youth, we're going to continue to see one dimensional, defensive liabilities continue to play an inflated role.
    Last edited by TD 21; 04-10-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Thread Information