Page 52 of 115 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be pretty hilarious if spurs ended up with the #1 pick in a weak draft

What happened to wiseman? Noticed he is not getting much talk for a pick in the 1 to 4 range for us
    Building your team around a center in today’s nba is not the smartest thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Building your team around a center in today’s nba is not the smartest thing
    Not a traditional plodding center, but a long, athletic 19 YO? Draft him, and lock him in the gym with Tim for the rest of the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take Anthony Edwards or trade back to get Deni, Toppin or Wiseman. Don’t take one of those 3 with #1 imo.

Then can move Murray or White for more capital or other players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a traditional plodding center, but a long, athletic 19 YO? Draft him, and lock him in the gym with Tim for the rest of the offseason.
    You would think that would work but it's not like our current bigs has gained much under Tim. Eubanks, Metu, and even Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida State's Patrick Williams, Potential Top-10 Riser

Williams has quietly gained serious steam within NBA front offices. His name has come up multiple times in the sleeper-of-the-draft discussion.
    One executive admitted to moving him into the top eight of his rankings, citing Williams being the draft's youngest NCAA prospect with "off-the-charts upside."

Another scout floated the idea that when we look back in a few years, we'll question how and why Williams wasn't a top pick more than any other prospect.

He didn't generate national attention, averaging just 9.2 points and 4.0 rebounds. But for a powerful 6'8", 225-pound 19-year-old, scouts have become enticed by his flashes of physical, athletic finishes, shot-making touch off the catch and dribble, pick-and-roll passing skills and defensive playmaking.

Those particular flashes create a unique potential trajectory if they become routine plays for Williams. And considering he only turned 19 on August 6, it seems as if teams will be willing to bet on his development.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ght-at-the-top

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would think that would work but it's not like our current bigs has gained much under Tim. Eubanks, Metu, and even Aldridge.
    Non of them are 19, 7’1” with a 7’4” wingspan. He’s more like Ayton than any of those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Non of them are 19, 7’1” with a 7’4” wingspan. He’s more like Ayton than any of those guys.
    What does size have to do with learning skill, though? Look, I get it... But I'm just skeptical players learn much from living legends seeing how Dejounte hasnt learned much from either Manu or TP3. Not just Dejounte, but the others.

In my opinion, any young player who expects to grow cant just be blank canvas (an athletic big with no fundamentals) , thats how you end up with your Tyrus Thomases. There's got to be a foundation already there. I'm not just talking about Wiseman here...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he played in 3 games average 23 minutes and averaged 10.7 rebounds and 19.7pts but he was suspended due to family taking money from school to help with his move. Is he worth the risk maybe a lot will have to depend on players measurements and also interviews and background checks. One thing for sure he is could definitely help us out in defense something we need to dramatically improve upon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does size have to do with learning skill, though? Look, I get it... But I'm just skeptical players learn much from living legends seeing how Dejounte hasnt learned much from either Manu or TP3. Not just Dejounte, but the others.

In my opinion, any young player who expects to grow cant just be blank canvas (an athletic big with no fundamentals) , thats how you end up with your Tyrus Thomases. There's got to be a foundation already there. I'm not just talking about Wiseman here...
    You almost never get even partially finished players in the draft anymore. Everyone is a project. James was also handcuffed by only playing 3 games with Memphis. Every player in this draft is a project. I’d rather take a flyer on Wiseman than any 6’5” guard, except maybe Halliburton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he played in 3 games average 23 minutes and averaged 10.7 rebounds and 19.7pts but he was suspended due to family taking money from school to help with his move. Is he worth the risk maybe a lot will have to depend on players measurements and also interviews and background checks. One thing for sure he is could definitely help us out in defense something we need to dramatically improve upon.
    They’ll do their due diligence, like always. Nothing you’ve said is an automatic disqualification. Pop hired Quin Snyder into the organization to coach Austin, and he cheated like a MF on recruiting in the NCAA. The NCAA has a rule system that can only be described as Byzantine, and it’s not some moral code. If he really did just take some money for moving expenses, I don’t see that as a show stopper with the Spurs if everything else checks out OK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Segment starts at 4:30

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My order right this second would:

1) Edwards. Most offensive upside. Best chance of developing into a high usage focal point of a potent offense.
    2) Wiseman. Seven-foot-1, ultra athletic, ultra long, left handed center who studies tape of David Robinson? That's not a bad package, tbh.
    3) Ball. Best passer with the most creativity of any prospect. Probably has the highest ceiling in the draft but is definitely a risk on multiple fronts.

The good news is that, while the top of this draft looks pretty damn weak, it's deep enough that the Spurs should get a good player at 11. In fact, you can make the case that the No. 11 pick is better bang for the buck than the No. 1 pick -- and that's almost never the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Williams me, please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’ll do their due diligence, like always. Nothing you’ve said is an automatic disqualification. Pop hired Quin Snyder into the organization to coach Austin, and he cheated like a MF on recruiting in the NCAA. The NCAA has a rule system that can only be described as Byzantine, and it’s not some moral code. If he really did just take some money for moving expenses, I don’t see that as a show stopper with the Spurs if everything else checks out OK.
    Yeah, I care 0% about the NCAA violations regarding Wiseman. It's a corrupt system. Everyone is guilty of something if you look hard enough.

Good point about Snyder ... and also remember that Pop gave Kelvin Sampson a job literally a couple days after he was forced to resign due to breaking NCAA regulations at Indiana.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My order right this second would:

1) Edwards. Most offensive upside. Best chance of developing into a high usage focal point of a potent offense.
    2) Wiseman. Seven-foot-1, ultra athletic, ultra long, left handed center who studies tape of David Robinson? That's not a bad package, tbh.
    3) Ball. Best passer with the most creativity of any prospect. Probably has the highest ceiling in the draft but is definitely a risk on multiple fronts.

The good news is that, while the top of this draft looks pretty damn weak, it's deep enough that the Spurs should get a good player at 11. In fact, you can make the case that the No. 11 pick is better bang for the buck than the No. 1 pick -- and that's almost never the case.
    Agreed. Probably a decent year to (likely) be drafting in the latter half of the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could end up with All of the picks 1-5 and Popovich would just pick a bunch of guys no one has ever heard of(or slow euro players)and sit them on the bench for 2 years while signing washed up free agents

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone talking about us moving into the Top-4 and watch us fall to 13 or 14

Seriously though I think Williams will be gone by 11 when it’s all said and done. Vassell and Nesmith seem like the most likely targets for us imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN’s Top-10 Mock. They don’t know about the Williams hype yet. Replace Precious with Williams and not a bad mock tbh.

Last edited by BatManu20; 08-20-2020 at 01:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of people who still want that ing scrub Devin Vassell is exhausting smh. But I guess I can't keep this up for two months, so I'm just going to let it be.

Mr. Overrated Anthony Edwards off-court issues at 7:53

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of people who still want that ing scrub Devin Vassell is exhausting smh. But I guess I can't keep this up for two months, so I'm just going to let it be.

I know you don’t like him as a prospect but there’s a good chance he’s gonna be there at 11 and there’s a good chance the Spurs are going to seriously consider him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I know you don’t like Vassell as a prospect but there’s a good chance he’s gonna be there at 11 and there’s a good chance the Spurs are going to seriously consider him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be an unpopular opinion but if the Spurs get the first pick, right now my gun-to-my-head pick would be Anthony Edwards. Easily the best scoring prospect in the draft, IMO. You don't have to squint too much to see him landing somewhere between Bradley Beal and Eric Gordon. A short shooting guard is literally the position of least need on the Spurs but they have to go with the best player available. Edwards comes across as kinda goofy in interviews but you can chalk that up to youth. You can't teach his natural scoring instincts and he is a good enough passer already that you can project the possibility of building an offense around him. He also has some defensive potential if he decides to buy in on that end.

I like Ball too but he's a terrible fit for the "culture" and he has a much lower floor than Edwards.
    This draft goes 7 deep -- of those top 7, Edwards and Ball are the only two that I believe might be a bad fit for the Spurs.

Edwards may be the next Dwyane Wade but probably not. And if not, he's probably more trouble than he's worth. Ball is almost certainly more trouble than he's worth (especially for a club like the Spurs).

My top tiers (for the Spurs) are:

Tier One:
    1. James Wiseman
    2. Onyeka Okongwu
    3. Deni Avdija

Tier Two:
    4. Obi Toppin
    5. Killian Hayes

An international scout has been telling me for months that Deni is way overhyped. He says Israel is so desperate for a star that his team is doing everything possible to artificially boost his stock. For example, supposedly his Israeli League MVP was BS.
    I hate to disagree timvp, but to a su ious paranoid dude like me, this sounds like possible disinformation -- especially if this "scout" is somehow associated with the Spurs. Does he know you run a fairly popular website?

When I watch Deni he looks very smooth going to the hole. Sometimes when we yanks see that in a Euro (let's not debate whether he's a Euro) we think he's slow -- "He'll never do that in the NBA," we say. But more often than not, they do, we just don't believe it until we see it. Remember way back -- Laker fans were adamant that Manu could never use those Euro moves to get to the hoop in the NBA. They were laughing about it (for a while).
    Last edited by Russ; 08-20-2020 at 01:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone talking about us moving into the Top-4 and watch us fall to 13 or 14

Seriously though I think Williams will be gone by 11 when it’s all said and done. Vassell and Nesmith seem like the most likely targets for us imo.
    I think the odds of 13 or 14 are longer than winning the top pick. Two teams, with longer odds than us, would BOTH have to jump into the top4, and that’s for 13. All three teams behind us would have to jump in for us to fall to 14. I think the only drop that is really a possibility is 12.

Thread Information