Page 54 of 115 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2866
    get your shoehorn ready... Joe Schmoogins's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All aboard the Patrick Williams hype train

For anyone new to the thread, I had numerous posts with time stamped video links earlier in the thread

I think I'd want him if the Spurs moved to #3 or #4. #1 or #2, I'd try to trade down like Boston for Tatum and still take him.

Offensively I see the Kawhi potential. I might have Kawhi goggles on and he's really Earl Clark, but the dream lives on
    I like Williams, but after seeing some tape I wonder if he's really 6'-8". Looks about the same height to me as Vassell. Maybe 6'-7" Which is still OK, but if he's closer to 6'-6" he loses a little of his appeal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Williams, but after seeing some tape I wonder if he's really 6'-8". Looks about the same height to me as Vassell. Maybe 6'-7" Which is still OK, but if he's closer to 6'-6" he loses a little of his appeal.
    I have watched I don't know how many games of Williams, maybe 20?, And I never questioned his height. Unlike say Okoro who I just watched 1 game and would swear he's not 6-5.

Williams has other issues with his body. If you search Twitter you can find posts discussing possible leg issues with him with video clips. He does have massive thighs and probably needs some through attention from the trainers to maximize his physical potential

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have watched I don't know how many games of Williams, maybe 20?, And I never questioned his height. Unlike say Okoro who I just watched 1 game and would swear he's not 6-5.

Williams has other issues with his body. If you search Twitter you can find posts discussing possible leg issues with him with video clips. He does have massive thighs and probably needs some through attention from the trainers to maximize his physical potential
    What leg issues? Him having thick legs is actually a good thing to avoid injuries, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What leg issues? Him having thick legs is actually a good thing to avoid injuries, tbh.
    I don't remember exactly and would have to look it up later.

But I think the gist was a muscle imbalance, that his knee and foot would turn in on landing when jumping. I think there was something about this sort of thing explaining why his lateral speed or hip flipping was slow. I *think* some draftnik or physio suggested him decreasing the muscle mass in his legs.

Don't quote me on it, but it's out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All aboard the Patrick Williams hype train

For anyone new to the thread, I had numerous posts with time stamped video links earlier in the thread

I think I'd want him if the Spurs moved to #3 or #4. #1 or #2, I'd try to trade down like Boston for Tatum and still take him.

Offensively I see the Kawhi potential. I might have Kawhi goggles on and he's really Earl Clark, but the dream lives on
    I'm co-captain spent a lot of time defending Pat and convincing people on here that he's better than the tier Devin ing Vassell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 it is. Devin Vassell is gonna be the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would GS trade #2 for LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't remember exactly and would have to look it up later.

But I think the gist was a muscle imbalance, that his knee and foot would turn in on landing when jumping. I think there was something about this sort of thing explaining why his lateral speed or hip flipping was slow. I *think* some draftnik or physio suggested him decreasing the muscle mass in his legs.

Don't quote me on it, but it's out there
    So we're trusting internet doctors?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 it is. Devin Vassell is gonna be the pick.
    Nahhhhh I swear to you it wont be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would GS trade #2 for LMA
    No, but they might do Murray and Gay along with 11 for 2 and Wiggins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B8g5YIQl...=1frclqebw8our

Pat is clearly taller than Devin in scrub Vassell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would the Spurs do that, though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Initially I fully supported that scenario but you have to wonder if Murray goes out in favor of drafting a big or a 3, it's an open guard spot that would tempt PATFO to re-sign Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors will laugh and hang up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors will laugh and hang up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish teams were required to post stock photos of players both in college/NBA so you can compare heights that way instead of by "listed height."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Vessell. He has size, shooting, and moves well on defense. All I can ask for at the 11th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Vessell. He has size, shooting, and moves well on defense. All I can ask for at the 11th pick
    He doesnt have size. He would be guarding 1 to 3. We need someone to guard 2 to 4 or at least 3 to 4. Arent you ing tired of opposing forwards towering our midgets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For instance, Michael Porter Jr would still have no problem abusing us like he did in the bubble game because Vassell is about 3" to 4" shorter than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest ing myth that needs to be plastered everywhere: "Vassell has size". No. He doesn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest ing myth that needs to be plastered everywhere: "Vassell has size". No. He doesn't.
    Vassell length is reported to be anywhere from 6'10" to 7 feet. That isn't small, tbh. For instance, Williams is reported to be only a foot longer, both in terms of height and wingspan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesnt have size. He would be guarding 1 to 3. We need someone to guard 2 to 4 or at least 3 to 4. Arent you ing tired of opposing forwards towering our midgets?
    I guess. He’s listed 6’7 which is Klay Thompson size. Idgaf about 4’s
    Dame, CJ, Steph, Klay, Harden, Westbrook, Mitc , Kawhi, George (he plays small), Shay, CP3. These are the players I care about guarding. AD and Jokic are nothing to me. Lebron is now a 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess. He’s listed 6’7 which is Klay Thompson size. Idgaf about 4’s
    Dame, CJ, Steph, Klay, Harden, Westbrook, Mitc , Kawhi, George (he plays small), Shay, CP3. These are the players I care about guarding. AD and Jokic are nothing to me. Lebron is now a 1
    Wtf? Theres a difference between what position they play and what size their position usually is. Im referring to the latter. LeBron is a 1 but you shouldnt have ing Murray guarding him. Weird argument you have here. Vassell doesnt have the size is my clear point. He cant guard Kawhi, George, or LeBron. Not Giannis, Siakam, and more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell length is reported to be anywhere from 6'10" to 7 feet. That isn't small, tbh. For instance, Williams is reported to be only a foot longer, both in terms of height and wingspan.
    We've gone over this argument before and we probably will again until we receive the combine measurements.

My points have been:

1. He's 30 lb lighter than probably the average 3.5. He will get pushed around. And no, i dont believe in the mythical "he will gain muscle" argument. That's rare and he doesnt have the frame.
    2. College tape shows his defense has been effective against shorter players. Not bigger ones. That was Pat's job.
    3. As I said earlier, I think there's a bigger difference in size from Pat than you think.

Lets wait until the official combine numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there going to be combine numbers?

Thread Information