My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saddiq Bey it is

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have some interest in him. He shoots 3s and is a defender and has height.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a bad player, but I don't think any team in the NBA would use the 11th pick on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Saddiq Bey but wouldn’t he be redundant with Lonnie, Keldon, and Luka on the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Saddiq Bey but wouldn’t he be redundant with Lonnie, Keldon, and Luka on the team?
    IMO, none of the young guys are so good that you worry about that. If you think the best player where you are drafting is player X, you don’t pass on him due to redundancy and especially when you can have them coming off the bench on a cheap deal for a few years anyways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I was hoping one of the young guys would establish themselves as a legit NBA starter but Walker, White, and Murray have shown flashes but none have been consistent to be a legit starter right now. For me it’s not about position I am just wanting someone who has passion for the game has good handles is athletic ie can play offense and defense and hopefully can shoot the rock.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I was hoping one of the young guys would establish themselves as a legit NBA starter but Walker, White, and Murray have shown flashes but none have been consistent to be a legit starter right now. For me it’s not about position I am just wanting someone who has passion for the game has good handles is athletic ie can play offense and defense and hopefully can shoot the rock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Need athletic guys that can play defense, have grit or are tough, and that can shoot. They don’t have to be great offensive players. Just need to be able to hit the jumper when open.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell should be available and is high on my hope list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nikola Milutinov will sign a three-year deal with CSKA Moscow in the range of €3 million per season, a source told @Emiliano Carchia. Barcelona was also pursuing Milutinov and put on the table around €7 million in three years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess draft a good backup center became a option

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah one draft had us taking the Kid from Serbia I have feeling Pop might draft him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess draft a good backup center became a option
    Maybe a mobile interior who can protect the rip, that could be an option.
    With Aldridge ans poetl, a pure center or old style center is out of spurs mind imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a mobile interior who can protect the rip, that could be an option.
    With Aldridge ans poetl, a pure center or old style center is out of spurs mind imo.
    I’d like to somehow have Montrezl Harrell to pair with LMA and Poetl. Think they’d complement each other. Then use the 11th pick on a lockdown wing defender.

the FO will never do that but oh well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like to somehow have Montrezl Harrell to pair with LMA and Poetl. Think they’d complement each other. Then use the 11th pick on a lockdown wing defender.

the FO will never do that but oh well.
    Maybe one of the two, i agree we need a wing and a PF ala Harrell or a Rim protector imo.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they draft someone that can be described as lacking in athleticism or height in any way, that player better be one of the best shooters ever.

So tired of this team being slow, flat-footed, and small.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Same. In this draft, I'm not even sure there's a prospect who definitively has higher upside than Walker as is.

Adding a protected '21 pick (projects to be a loaded draft) to White and 11 to move up a handful of spots, shouldn't be required (and if it is, it shouldn't be considered). Saric and 11 got the Timberwolves 6 last year.

White lacks Saric's pedigree, but is a comparable asset and this is a projected weaker draft, at least at the top.
    Problem is that the projected top 3 teams really don't have a need for White. Atlanta and Detroit might be interesting options, both could use White. Atlanta could use a guard who can defend beside Young and share play-making responsibilities. Detroit could definitely use another guard besides Rose.

Would Avidja be available at 4 or 5? Maybe, but would teams be willing to trade back seven spots just for Derrick White? I doubt it. Spurs could try and ship White for another lottery with the plan to package both to move up, otherwise adding a protected 2021 pick would be the other option- if the value them that highly.

Spurs don't normally miss on their draft assessments, if they think he has star potential then that might be something they'd do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is that the projected top 3 teams really don't have a need for White. Atlanta and Detroit might be interesting options, both could use White. Atlanta could use a guard who can defend beside Young and share play-making responsibilities. Detroit could definitely use another guard besides Rose.

Would Avidja be available at 4 or 5? Maybe, but would teams be willing to trade back seven spots just for Derrick White? I doubt it. Spurs could try and ship White for another lottery with the plan to package both to move up, otherwise adding a protected 2021 pick would be the other option- if the value them that highly.

Spurs don't normally miss on their draft assessments, if they think he has star potential then that might be something they'd do.
    Actually, they do . . . but it's moot because obviously he's not the caliber of player who teams would give up a top 3 pick for, even in this draft.

I was thinking more so 6 or 7. Obviously, he could be gone by then, but if not and those teams aren't sold, it's a draft that lacks definition from the mid-late lottery. It's possible they could view it like, they'll get a comparable/preferable player at 11, plus a solid asset.

The furthest the Spurs should go is a third minor asset. A third significant asset should only be added for someone with definitive star potential.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wish we new what we had with all our young kids but I don’t think will get a true picture until we can move Derozz. I do remember that when DEROZZ was out due to injury for a couple of weeks White stepped up and was balling big time and then as soon as Deroz came back he went back to being Beta.

I don’t think we need to trade up in the first to get a really good player. But if we draft Hampton and see him being our PG then I think we need to move one of our young players to jump right back in the draft and pick a SF or PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was digging through the international prospects in this draft and I like what I saw from Leandro Bolmaro

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked at some tape he is an Argentine - Italian, 19 years old playing for FC Barcelona Lass - SF - HT: 6’8. I would say he is a poor mans Manu with a little Joe Ingles. The Pros has good handles and has that Manu weirdness getting to the rim some things he needs to improve is his turnovers and his 3 point shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was digging through the international prospects in this draft and I like what I saw from Leandro Bolmaro
    They're saying he should be late first round, early second. I don't think he's in our range unless we:
    A) Take him way to early
    B) Move down with our 1st
    C) Move up with our 2nd
    Given our history I think we can rule out C. B would be better than A, but after Samanic, I could see us over valuing this guy and taking him at 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're saying he should be late first round, early second. I don't think he's in our range unless we:
    A) Take him way to early
    C) Move up with our 2nd
    Given our history I think we can rule out C. B would be better than A, but after Samanic, I could see us over valuing this guy and taking him at 11.
    yeah that’s kinda what I was thinking since they took Samanic at 19 if they like a guy I’d imagine they’d take him at 11 too if they like him. He definitely passes the highlight eye test lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A) Take him way to early
    C) Move up with our 2nd
    D) Trade someone for a late first

Thread Information