Page 60 of 115 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2866
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why he is a PF and could be a small ball 5.
    A non shooter at PF is he the next Giannis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't listen to false statements about Precious being an undersized center from these liars. Only reason they would say that is because of his offense, not his defense. But they'll spin it like they always do because they hate to admit they're wrong.

I bring you the truth:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0

Look at spot-up, ISO PPP allowed, and peak D-PIPM. He defends non bigs well.

As far as his offense goes, before Wiseman went out, he was the designated SF/PF. He was forced to play C for his team, a position he had not played ever because he was the tallest talented player on the team. Name me a player today who is a strict center who can go coast to coast on a fast break like Precious can. Name me an NBA player who plays strictly center who has the ability in a half court setting to attack the basket off the dribble all the way from the 3 pt line.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-22-2020 at 08:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/nba/2020/08/21/nb...es-win-lottery

Patrick Williams of FSU? Yes or no?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for laughs, I'd like to make a list of all the players that people say are going to be off the board by the time the Spurs pick. It's way more than 10.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A team has nearly zero chance of being compe ive in this league without an athletic, long wing that can defend and shoot. The spurs have exactly 0 of these on the roster.

Of course, I'm sure they'll user this first likely pick in 20 years to pick another big man or undersized two guard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A team has nearly zero chance of being compe ive in this league without an athletic, long wing that can defend and shoot. The spurs have exactly 0 of these on the roster.

Of course, I'm sure they'll user this first likely pick in 20 years to pick another big man or undersized two guard.

If there’s a Rui Hachimura clone in the draft that would be FANTASTIC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be upset if we got him, but I'm leary of Duke players in the NBA.
    I understand that, and our history with them isn't great, actually poor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So do we all agree the Spurs should draft Pat Williams, else Pop should be waived, the FO sacked and Bryn's head chopped in an ISIS style reenactment live on TV?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why he is a PF and could be a small ball 5.
    Can't shoot and, as louded as he is for his athleticism and agility, he doesn't seem able to stay in front of players that aren't bigmen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aleksej Pokusevski Is A Potential Gem In The 2020 NBA Draft

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/aleksej-pokusevski-2020-nba-draft-scouting-report/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't listen to false statements about Precious being an undersized center from these liars. Only reason they would say that is because of his offense, not his defense. But they'll spin it like they always do because they hate to admit they're wrong.

I bring you the truth:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0

Look at spot-up, ISO PPP allowed, and peak D-PIPM. He defends non bigs well.

As far as his offense goes, before Wiseman went out, he was the designated SF/PF. He was forced to play C for his team, a position he had not played ever because he was the tallest talented player on the team. Name me a player today who is a strict center who can go coast to coast on a fast break like Precious can. Name me an NBA player who plays strictly center who has the ability in a half court setting to attack the basket off the dribble all the way from the 3 pt line.
    Again, for idiots spreading misinformation. See above for facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte, dude, take a chill pill. It's getting weird at this point how triggered you seem to be by DAFfy disagreeing with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need an impact player, like, yesterday. Impact players aren't usually found at 11. Spurs need to make a deal somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte, dude, take a chill pill. It's getting weird at this point how triggered you seem to be by DAFfy disagreeing with you.
    It's my absolute pet peeve when someone spreads misinformation and lies. I'm legitimately sorry to anyone bothered by this. Someone needs to tell liars to off. There's people I disagree with on here and we get along okay (for example, you lmao), and then there's people that spew nonsense and then it spreads...

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Precious defend the perimeter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Precious defend the perimeter?
    The answer is yes. Please see video below:

I can’t recommend enough this channel. Please avoid videos containing strictly highlights and find full games of the prospect your interested in or condensed videos like this one showing both good and bad.

Busting the lie that Precious can’t defend perimeter players, I present you examples of his capability in that area.

Time stamps are as follows:

28:32

29:10

29:29

33:24

35:54

37:06

39:10

39:26

These time stamps provide ACTUAL examples, and no bull like “oh, he can rebound over them. That counts!”.

If there’s anything to criticize Precious for, it’s the mental lapses he has on defense which can be attributed to lack of discipline on the defensive end. You will see him bite on fakes, give players too much space, etc. You will find it in the same video. His fundamentals are not as polished as say, Patrick Williams. Then again, if he didn’t have these flaws, he would be a top 5 pick. If you draft Precious, you go in with hopes of developing and instilling solid fundamentals. His athleticism and versatility are the top two reasons why you draft him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to lie: The very little I just saw of Achiuwa makes him seem like a 4/5 rather than a 3/4. That's not ideal, but it's what it is. He looks like he can defend a switch ... as well as you can expect a big to. He looks like he has the makings of a perimeter game ... for a big. He seems like he'll be able to develop a good enough shot ... for a big. I think he can be a PF in the league, but he may need to play next to a center who can space the floor to help out the rest of the team. I wouldn't love him and Poeltl in the starting unit, especially if one of DeRozan or Murray is also there. But at 11, or hopefully at 14 because SA traded down and picked up 27 or 30 from Boston, I can see it. Even in the context of the trade, I'd consider one of the wings we've talked about at 14 and hope one of the defensive front-court guys like Reed or Tillman is there at 30. Again, this is from little evidence, but those two just seem like what you want if you're really trying to get a defender, not Precious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aleksej Pokusevski Is A Potential Gem In The 2020 NBA Draft

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/aleksej-pokusevski-2020-nba-draft-scouting-report/
    I don't know where Pokusevski ends up in this draft, but if he's there at 11, he needs to be seriously considered. It's pretty rare to get a shot at potentially the best player in a draft at 11; Poku might very well be the best player in this draft when all is said and done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to lie: The very little I just saw of Achiuwa makes him seem like a 4/5 rather than a 3/4. That's not ideal, but it's what it is. He looks like he can defend a switch ... as well as you can expect a big to. He looks like he has the makings of a perimeter game ... for a big. He seems like he'll be able to develop a good enough shot ... for a big. I think he can be a PF in the league, but he may need to play next to a center who can space the floor to help out the rest of the team. I wouldn't love him and Poeltl in the starting unit, especially if one of DeRozan or Murray is also there. But at 11, or hopefully at 14 because SA traded down and picked up 27 or 30 from Boston, I can see it. Even in the context of the trade, I'd consider one of the wings we've talked about at 14 and hope one of the defensive front-court guys like Reed or Tillman is there at 30. Again, this is from little evidence, but those two just seem like what you want if you're really trying to get a defender, not Precious.
    I agree, the game he displayed most in college was that of a 4/5 but it's the flashes of perimeter play and ball handling in transition makes me see his potential at 3/4. This dude is a unicorn, and is probably a good fit with Samanic if Samanic ever comes close to half his potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think there might some confusion on what everyone means by "defending on the perimeter". There's a difference between being switchable and able to execute a gameplan against a guard to get him to go where you want him to go and being legit able to go up and down the court with a perimeter player and check them. The former is plenty valuable in the modern NBA, but I wonder how many folks on here are looking for a 6-8 guy whom the Spurs can put on the opposing star and have them shut the star down no matter who it is ala Bowen or Leonard. That's a way higher standard, and with the little I know of college basketball, I haven't heard of any of these prospects having the assignment to guard guys at other positions outside of switches and how those guys did. Basically don't know if anyone had their moment of shutting down this year's Jimmer like Kawhi did back in the day.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thing with Precious is all looking at potential. I haven't studied really, as you guys can tell lol. I don't want to pick a fricking Pat Beverly or yet another small-for-his-position guy out of this lottery.

I was in on Pat Williams for a bit, but seems like he lacks lateral quickness at like 19 years old. Sad.

I want to murder this unathletic midget syndrome the team has been stricken with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, the game he displayed most in college was that of a 4/5 but it's the flashes of perimeter play and ball handling in transition makes me see his potential at 3/4. This dude is a unicorn, and is probably a good fit with Samanic if Samanic ever comes close to half his potential.
    I don't see Samanic as a three either, and I'm not sure if both of those guys are fours who can slide down in certain situations could make it worth. I think it would be more possible for one to move to the five for stretches while the rest of the time one's a bench player. But Pop loves playing a big as possible (which is something a lot of folks here seem to forget), so if he's still coaching in a couple of years, we could see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thing with Precious is all looking at potential. I haven't studied really, as you guys can tell lol. I don't want to pick a fricking Pat Beverly or yet another small-for-his-position guy out of this lottery.

I was in on Pat Williams for a bit, but seems like he lacks lateral quickness at like 19 years old. Sad.

I want to murder this unathletic midget syndrome the team has been stricken with.
    Real talk: When was the last time the Spurs actually drafted someone too small for their position? Maybe DeShaun Thomas in 2013 or Denmon in 2012? Just seems like a weird accusation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Samanic as a three either, and I'm not sure if both of those guys are fours who can slide down in certain situations could make it worth. I think it would be more possible for one to move to the five for stretches while the rest of the time one's a bench player. But Pop loves playing a big as possible (which is something a lot of folks here seem to forget), so if he's still coaching in a couple of years, we could see it.
    Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of either one switching to the 5. I was focusing more on how their games compliment each other well if we ignore positions. Precious is strong, rebounds really well, hustles, gets put back shots in while Luka is a sharpshooter, passes well, and has diversified skillset on offense. The synergy there just seems like it would be strong.

Thread Information