San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Useful info about the recent history of trades during draft night:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA_Draft/c...m_source=share

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The outrage that happens in the game thread whenever Poetl refuses to dunk it and instead does an attempted layup and misses... Multiply that by ten if we get Poku
    Poku is an outside player I am drafting for shooting from outside. Poodle is not a shooter he is a down in the paint guy who should be able to dunk - Yeah that pisses me off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One interesting thing if we draft Poku is it would probably signal the end of Samanic on this team. Drafting Poku is basically a sign that the Spurs are giving up on him. I don't see Poku playing C even if he bulks up, PF would probably be the position for him. I don't see a scenario where both are on the court at the same time, they don't really complement each other and our interior defense would be disastrous. For example: the strength difference between Eubanks and Samanic seems huge already and it's not like Samanic is a super twig.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-27-2020 at 10:06 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is going nowhere....... nor should he! Precious or Williams are my choices

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One interesting thing if we draft Poku is it would probably signal the end of Samanic on this team. Drafting Poku is basically a sign that the Spurs are giving up on him. I don't see Poku playing C even if he bulks up, PF would probably be the position for him. I don't see a scenario where both are on the court at the same time, they don't really complement each other and our interior defense would be disastrous. For example: the strength difference between Eubanks and Samanic seems huge already and it's not like Samanic is a super twig.
    We suddenly won’t need a bench?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have my issues with Sam, but he has a better chance at being a useful NBA player than Poke does right now. If for some reason the Spurs go with Poke in the draft, I don't think they'll do so expecting anyone's role of the team to change immediately

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we draft Precious, Samanic wouldn't have much space either, tbh. At least not for the folks that want Precious at PF.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine what happen if spurs draft another 6'5 guard while keepin all our guards on board XD
    I will be a one-man riot. The Holt kid will have to see me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we draft Precious, Samanic wouldn't have much space either, tbh. At least not for the folks that want Precious at PF.
    I don't know, I'm not gonna sit here and BS you like I know how it's going to turn out but sitting where I'm sitting it just seems like positionless basketball and you find what fits together. Solution could be that when theyre on the court together, Luka plays PF and Precious plays C. When Luka sits, Precious can move to PF. Just my point of view and like I said we all have our horses...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leandro Bolmaro just dropped out of the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Precious to play more 3 than even 4, let alone 5. If that is pie in the sky fine, none of the others really wow me. I don't think Okungwu will be there, Wiseman won't be there and most of the other guys look like total non-en ies, future serviceable journeymen, or 6'5ers.

Patrick, who I was high on before, is apparently a stiff, so I am willing to take a gamble on someone else.

Toppin is going to be just a guy. An NBA-level player but just about average. He looked good because he's filled out already.

Heck, I'd take that 6'9 scoring center from Washington if not Precious.

I need something with potential for growth and/or length&strength.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you guys think of this trade:
    https://tradenba.com/trades/TkUIW3X8Z

Ibaka would come in a sign and trade.

To Spurs:
    Ibaka and 2# Pick

To Warriors:
    LMA and 11# pick

To Raptors:
    Wiggins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Precious to play more 3 than even 4, let alone 5. If that is pie in the sky fine, none of the others really wow me. I don't think Okungwu will be there, Wiseman won't be there and most of the other guys look like total non-en ies, future serviceable journeymen, or 6'5ers.

Patrick, who I was high on before, is apparently a stiff, so I am willing to take a gamble on someone else.

Toppin is going to be just a guy. An NBA-level player but just about average. He looked good because he's filled out already.

Center from Washington is Isaiah Stewart. Still crazy to me how often he was doubled in college as a freshman. I was put off by him when I learned that he didn't show much defensive versatility. He rarely rotates to defend outside of the paint. He rarely stepped out of the paint. He would get 3-second violation in the NBA every minute. I'm not going to say he's incapable of switching, because that was probably just the game plan. But if he gets drafted by the Spurs, he better show more movement on that end. Otherwise, he's strictly a center who will be a liability against small ball. This goes for any prospect with poor lateral quickness. Modern NBA demands players to be able to switch.

That being said, he has good size (7'4" wingspan) and the upside on offense is extremely high. This guy isn't a rim runner, he's basically LaMarcus Aldridge with the post-up and can draw defenses in to create space for shooters... If he reaches his potential.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-27-2020 at 11:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Example of the double team @ 11:59

This is just one play of many

Just unheard of for me, but maybe I haven't paid close attention to things like this in the past years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Example of the double team @ 11:59

This is just one play of many

Just unheard of for me, but maybe I haven't paid close attention to things like this in the past years.
    Another example at 15:09... ing insane, man. Maybe I'm crazy but I just think it's a sign of dominance when you're being double teamed like that.

Yo, they're literally trying to deny him the ball with two defenders at 17:32. WTF!

Shaq level dominance at 18:37
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-27-2020 at 11:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Center from Washington is Isaiah Stewart. Still crazy to me how often he was doubled in college as a freshman. I was put off by him when I learned that he didn't show much defensive versatility. He rarely rotates to defend outside of the paint. He rarely stepped out of the paint. He would get 3-second violation in the NBA every minute. I'm not going to say he's incapable of switching, because that was probably just the game plan. But if he gets drafted by the Spurs, he better show more movement on that end. Otherwise, he's strictly a center who will be a liability against small ball. This goes for any prospect with poor lateral quickness. Modern NBA demands players to be able to switch.

That being said, he has good size (7'4" wingspan) and the upside on offense is extremely high. This guy isn't a rim runner, he's basically LaMarcus Aldridge with the post-up and can draw defenses in to create space for shooters... If he reaches his potential.
    He's young. I think the defense can be taught. I'm not convinced that he won't be able to score in the NBA.

A low-post LaMarcus would be waaay better than jump-shooting LaMarcus when the games matter, assuming Isaiah gets near his potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know, I'm not gonna sit here and BS you like I know how it's going to turn out but sitting where I'm sitting it just seems like positionless basketball and you find what fits together. Solution could be that when theyre on the court together, Luka plays PF and Precious plays C. When Luka sits, Precious can move to PF. Just my point of view and like I said we all have our horses...
    Well, wouldn't that work with Poku and Samanaic too then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's pretty unlikely to ever happen, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's pretty unlikely to ever happen, tbh.
    Yeah, if you’re projecting that, you shouldn’t be throwing rocks at the Poku crowd. I mean, literally, all he needs is 20-25 lbs to be able to step on an N B A court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if you’re projecting that, you shouldn’t be throwing rocks at the Poku crowd. I mean, literally, all he needs is 20-25 lbs to be able to step on an N B A court.
    He needs that weight and for enough of his game to transfer to make him a useful NBA player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs that weight and for enough of his game to transfer to make him a useful NBA player.
    And again, we disagree on this, and I would add that if it were obvious to the eye of the layman, he wouldn’t be available at 11. He’d be projected at 2 or 3, and he’d be drafted 2 or 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, wouldn't that work with Poku and Samanaic too then?
    I've said this already: their skills aren't complementary. Too much overlap in weaknesses.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-28-2020 at 07:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And again, we disagree on this, and I would add that if it were obvious to the eye of the layman, he wouldn’t be available at 11. He’d be projected at 2 or 3, and he’d be drafted 2 or 3.
    Are you trying to say here that GMs are passing him up only because of his weight?

No one is throwing rocks, people are only trying to snap you out of your unrealistic expectations. Cue the "oh but you believe Precious will be a 3". No, I've already acknowledged this for the 1,0000th time. I know it's an absolute slim chance. The difference here is you won't admit Poku being some sort of star is a slim chance either. You think it's as simple as gaining weight. To you, there's nothing flawed about his game at all. You see a couple nice passes, a couple nice 3s and think wow! It's Dirk! People were crazy about Anthony Randolph too. I get it. And I said this in an earlier post: with how much investment you're putting into this, I hope you follow Poku in the league after a few years.

This is all nothing new... So many people were obsessed with Nassir Little last year and now you don't hear a peep from any of those people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, so you DON'T believe his game needs to transfer over? You think if it doesn't transfer over, but he gains weight he'll still be able to step on an NBA court?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you trying to say here that GMs are passing him up only because of his weight?

No one is throwing rocks, people are only trying to snap you out of your unrealistic expectations. Cue the "oh but you believe Precious will be a 3". No, I've already acknowledged this for the 1,0000th time. I know it's an absolute slim chance. The difference here is you won't admit Poku being some sort of star is a slim chance either. You think it's as simple as gaining weight. To you, there's nothing flawed about his game at all. You see a couple nice passes, a couple nice 3s and think wow! It's Dirk! People were crazy about Anthony Randolph too. I get it. And I said this in an earlier post: with how much investment you're putting into this, I hope you follow Poku in the league after a few years.

This is all nothing new... So many people were obsessed with Nassir Little last year and now you don't hear a peep from any of those people.
    A lot of GMs pass on players for various reasons. There are still teams with biases against European players, period, let alone from a lower level league. , every GM in the NBA who had a first rounder that year passed on Nikola Jokic, and he’s now an all star. Gobert slipped to 27 in a BAD draft. They’re not infallible, and they don’t like to take chances, for the most part. The Spurs have proved more willing to draft euros over all, and from smaller leagues.

Thread Information