Page 77 of 115 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or "this guy is good cuz I said so". He makes stupid definitive statements. He has slightly improved, but I'm not sure if it's coincidental.

Your insight such as your last paragraph is why it is easy to respect you.
    Find one instance of me saying something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poku's lateral quickness and overall mobility isn't by any means worse than that of Smith or Achiuwa, tbh. If you think that then you need to go back to watching some more Poku's games. But the main difference comes from the fact that Pokusevski's role on the NBA wouldn't be stopping the Lebrons and Kawhis of the league. If he pans out, he will be mainly an offensive walking mismatch that projects to be a primary ball handler. On defense he would be often put on the less offensive gifted forward of the opposition and would work his ability as a disruptive off ball defender.

You may say "well, Smith and Achiuwa's role wouldn't be to guard the Lebrons and Kawhis" to which my answer would be: what's their value as forwards then? If you aren't projected to be a primary playmaker (like a Pokusevski is projected to be at his ideal development) and you aren't projected to be able to guard the opposition's best forward (like a Williams or a Bey could do) then what's your role? You aren't neither a primary offensive option nor a defensive stopper. Who are the forwards, that can't do any of these things, that have a significant role in today's NBA?

Regarding you not beliving me watching tape, then I don't know what to tell you. I provided an extended in-depth analysis of Pokusevski, if you want to believe I made all of that up without watching the full games then it's just further prove that you have some irrational dislike for me and will continue acting like a third grader when adressing me, tbh.
    There's holes in your argument that I will address later (and some I already addressed in the same post you quoted)

Don't make third grade analysis if you don't want to be addressed like a third grader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Find one instance of me saying something like that.
    Obviously not word for word. Just read your ing posts. Even Chinook wanted to call it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously not word for word. Just read your ing posts. Even Chinook wanted to call it out.
    Give me one example, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me one example, tbh.
    Later when I get home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting to see from an assessment standpoint where different scouts and talent evaluators (spurstalk posters included) draw the line at future production predictions. I remember last year, after Brandon Clarke measured out with a much smaller wingspan and standing reach than expected, many immediately rang the death knoll and said he was done. I found his advanced stats (and energy) to be too impressive (second best in the draft, after only Zion) and thought he'd still figure out a way to produce, thinking of guys like Draymond Green and also of Zion, who himself had shorter than typical measurements for typical PFs or centers. As time goes by, I find I lean more towards a balance of advanced stats & eye tests. DeMar DeRozan passes the eye test-- his moves in the paint, his footwork, the assists & rebounds along with the points, all impressive-- but in his case advanced stats tell the more complete story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting to see from an assessment standpoint where different scouts and talent evaluators (spurstalk posters included) draw the line at future production predictions. I remember last year, after Brandon Clarke measured out with a much smaller wingspan and standing reach than expected, many immediately rang the death knoll and said he was done. I found his advanced stats (and energy) to be too impressive (second best in the draft, after only Zion) and thought he'd still figure out a way to produce, thinking of guys like Draymond Green and also of Zion, who himself had shorter than typical measurements for typical PFs or centers. As time goes by, I find I lean more towards a balance of advanced stats & eye tests. DeMar DeRozan passes the eye test-- his moves in the paint, his footwork, the assists & rebounds along with the points, all impressive-- but in his case advanced stats tell the more complete story.
    So what are the advanced stats and your eye test telling you about current prospects?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So ESPN is apparently saying that GS wants to trade 2 for Smart but Boston doesn't think it's enough. Obviously it's ESPN we're talking about, but are folks really convinced the Spurs can't get up to 2 from 11 if that's really the kind of market we're seeing?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So ESPN is apparently saying that GS wants to trade 2 for Smart but Boston doesn't think it's enough. Obviously it's ESPN we're talking about, but are folks really convinced the Spurs can't get up to 2 from 11 if that's really the kind of market we're seeing?
    espn is high or wut? it doesnt make any sense

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    espn is high or wut? it doesnt make any sense
    Agree. Boston really wouldn't give up Smart for the #2 pick? And that's all GS would want?? Gay + #11 already blows that deal out of the water.

Salary matching becomes a problem too. Perhaps GS is insisting on attaching Wiggins to any deal involving the #2 pick. They have almost no medium-level salaries to send out. It would have to be something like Draymond + Wiggins + #2 for Hayward + Smart, and it would be almost a straight salary dump on GS's part.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not worth to move up to number 2 in this draft would cost way to much and would not get a good return on investment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not worth to move up to number 2 in this draft would cost way to much and would not get a good return on investment.
    Agreed. There's a reason the Warriors are trying to trade down.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would do an aldridge or DDR for #2 AND Wiggins. If they wanted would even throw in lonnie. Dont think I would include our pick or an of the other young guys. I would rather give them DDR. I think Wiggins is finally starting to become a better player would fill the SF spot. Would hurt our capspace for next year but I would be fine with it. If we could get a big (wiseman) then that could replace aldridge and give us lots of young guys for us to see who works.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on what it cost. Also depends on how you look at it. You could still get god value for it by moving up. Until you know what the details are it is hard to tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would much rather trade 11 for Boston's two first round picks than for any higher pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft is postponed. Yaaaaawn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins is a complete dumbass. I don’t care if he can jump out of the gym.

So, let me get this straight. For a complete disaster of a season, netting them the #2 pick, plus trading KD, netting DLo, and flipping him for Wiggins, GS winds up with Marcus Smart?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would much rather trade 11 for Boston's two first round picks than for any higher pick.
    They have three, but if you’re talking about 14 and 26, then yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have three, but if you’re talking about 14 and 26, then yes.
    Yeah, those two. That would allow us to get two of Spurstalk favourite prospects, to see if at least one pans out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 and whoever Boston wants from Aldridge, DeRozan and/or Murray for 14, 26 (maybe even the other first rounder) and whoever makes the salaries work (Hayward?).

Before saying Boston wouldn't go for it, just keep in mind that Boston would be getting the higher pick and the best player in the trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just the 11 should be enough for the 14th and 26. Yes 3 spots in the lottery could cost that much when looking at picks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll its pretty obvious to the league Golden State don't want to pay 8 mil for a rookie. They have unusually high tons of leaks already on the prospects they like (smokescreens), probably to lessen the backlash from fans of trading that pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just the 11 should be enough for the 14th and 26. Yes 3 spots in the lottery could cost that much when looking at picks.
    Not in this draft, imho. Mavs only needed to give a second rounder to get Luka, tbh.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins is a complete dumbass. I don’t care if he can jump out of the gym.

So, let me get this straight. For a complete disaster of a season, netting them the #2 pick, plus trading KD, netting DLo, and flipping him for Wiggins, GS winds up with Marcus Smart?
    GS also gets Minnesota's first in 2021 (top 1-3 protected) or 2022 (unprotected, if they don't get it in 2021).

I can't say I'm overwhelmed with the haul, but they got something instead of nothing for Durant, took on a horrible contract to get an extra pick which should be pretty good, and got the #2 pick this year. On top of still having the Curry/Thompson/Green core, I'd say they've done alright.

But they should be able to get way more than Smart for the #2 pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes this draft that should be enough. the 26th is a low first rounder. 1st rd picks are traded for 2 all the time.

Thread Information