Page 82 of 115 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2866
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Estatic you getting grumpier in your old age it’s the weekend step back and enjoy it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is, and Tillie ain’t.
    Ok cool i don’t think precious and smith aren’t either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok cool i don’t think precious and smith aren’t either.
    Smith is debatable at this point, and we agree on Precious.

All we can do at this point is watch videos, which are usually designed to highlight strengths and mask weaknesses. There really isn’t anything to do until the regional combines are held, and we get physical measurements and drill times.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can get rid of beli and forbes and bring in two other cheap (min contract) players. this would cost less. so YES I am still for getting rid of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can get rid of beli and forbes and bring in two other cheap (min contract) players. this would cost less. so YES I am still for getting rid of them.
    If they renounce Beli and Forbes, and cut Metu and Zeller, they’re at 11 players without Poeltl, and their cap figure is $120M. Assuming they can get Poeltl for $5M, that’s 12 players and $125M, needing one more to make our minimum roster size of 13. That would be pick #11, and will nudge them up towards $128M for a lottery team. I doubt the Holts sign off on any more.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they renounce Beli and Forbes, and cut Metu and Zeller, they’re at 11 players without Poeltl, and their cap figure is $120M. Assuming they can get Poeltl for $5M, that’s 12 players and $125M, needing one more to make our minimum roster size of 13. That would be pick #11, and will nudge them up towards $128M for a lottery team. I doubt the Holts sign off on any more.
    I'm looking at Hoopshype for salaries. Is that a good source or should I be looking elsewhere?
    https://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio_spurs/

This gives $119.4M for 13 players, including a $5.1M QO for Poeltl, $2.4M for Zeller, and $1.7M for Metu, and not including Beli or Forbes. Did the Spurs really give Zeller that much guaranteed money?

Cutting Metu saves the $1.7M because it's a team option, and I sincerely hope Hoopshype is wrong about Zeller's $2.4M being fully guaranteed next year. Subtracting those gives $117.3M for 11 players including Poeltl's $5.1M QO.

What's the tax line next season?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 million to resign poetl before tax, metu waived (500,000 guaranteed) , 11th pick(4mil), 2 minimum contract. 132 mil tax line projected.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 million to resign poetl before tax, metu waived (500,000 guaranteed) , 11th pick(4mil), 2 minimum contract. 132 mil tax line projected.
    8 million for Poeltl?! Good lord no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Poodle might cost that much but if you don’t want to sign him then work out a trade where we get a draft pick either this year or next it doesn’t matter just don’t let him walk for nothing.
    Last edited by BackHome; 09-12-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am fine going with 13. I do not want forbs and beli on the team. (unfortunately I think forbes will be). You were saying it would be hard to put together a team with out them two. I would rather go with 13 players or 2 cheap players would not make it any harder.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant do it for a draft pick this year. Would have to be for a player of equal salary so sign and trade would not save us anything over just signing him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaron Nesmith Gravity Shooters
    Saddiq Bey Off Ball Versatile Floor Spacers
    Precious Achiuwa Energy Lob Catchers
    Jalen Smith Stretch Rim Protectors
    Patrick Williams Two-Way Big Space Playmakers
    Devin Vassel 3&D Point of Attack Defenders
    Kira Lewis Volume-Drivers
    Theo Maledon 3&D Initiators
    Tyrese Maxey Two-Way Secondary Handler
    Alex Pokusevsci Two-Way Skilled Floor Spacer

https://www.thestepien.com/archetypes/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte Murray Offensive Scheme-Breakers
    Derrick White Two-way Initiators
    Patty Mills Offensive Scheme-Changers
    Quin Weatherspoon 3&D Initiators
    Lonnie Walker Scoring Secondary Handlers
    Keldon Johnson 3&D Versatile Defenders
    Demar Derozan Two-Way Primary Initiator
    Rudy Gay On-Ball Versatile Floor Spacers
    Luka Samanic Two-Way Skilled Floor-Spacers
    Jakob Poetl Defensive Anchors
    Trey Lyles Offensive Skilled Floor-Spacers
    Drew Eubanks Energy Lob Catchers
    Lamarcus Aldridge Playmaking Defensive Anchors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte Murray Offensive Scheme-Breakers
    Derrick White Two-way Initiators
    Patty Mills Offensive Scheme-Changers
    Quin Weatherspoon 3&D Initiators
    Lonnie Walker Scoring Secondary Handlers
    Keldon Johnson 3&D Versatile Defenders
    Demar Derozan Two-Way Primary Initiator
    Rudy Gay On-Ball Versatile Floor Spacers
    Luka Samanic Two-Way Skilled Floor-Spacers
    Jakob Poetl Defensive Anchors
    Trey Lyles Offensive Skilled Floor-Spacers
    Drew Eubanks Energy Lob Catchers
    Lamarcus Aldridge Playmaking Defensive Anchors

Where's Bryn? Let me guess.... Gravity shooter? *Puke*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaron Nesmith Gravity Shooters
    Saddiq Bey Off Ball Versatile Floor Spacers
    Precious Achiuwa Energy Lob Catchers
    Jalen Smith Stretch Rim Protectors
    Patrick Williams Two-Way Big Space Playmakers
    Devin Vassel 3&D Point of Attack Defenders
    Kira Lewis Volume-Drivers
    Theo Maledon 3&D Initiators
    Tyrese Maxey Two-Way Secondary Handler
    Alex Pokusevsci Two-Way Skilled Floor Spacer

Oh... That was misleading. I thought these archetypes came from the website itself lol. You're just labeling the archetypes yourself based off what you read and think about each prospect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You people need to come off this . The current financial climate makes Putting together a roster NOT including these two very challenging. Letting these two go, cutting Metu, cutting Zeller, resigning Poeltl puts them well over the cap (120M) and below the bare NBA minimum 13 man roster. They’d still have to pay #11. That would bring them to a 13 man roster, the NBA minimum.
    Don't understand what it is that you're saying here.

Spurs will have exceptions to use that could easily fill roster spots, even minimums like for Marco.

Forbes on a well coached Spurs team wouldn't even be in the regular rotation, there's no point in spending money on a guy who won't deserve to play. Of course Pop runs his rotations like Boylen, among the worst in the league so one can never be sure.

But the financial climate should actually make them more likely to renounce Marco and Forbes, not less. Don't pay guys who won't play, and with Murray/White/Mills/Walker/Johnson/DeRozan/Lyles/Gay/Aldridge/Poeltl on the roster, those guys don't play, and that's ignoring pick #11. Minimums and taking flyers on free agent euros like the Celtics have done with Theiss and Wanamaker. Spurs have done it themselves with Baynes and Neal.

I wouldn't be so sure that Lyles is kept around because he's money that's easy to get out of.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As of right now I want Jaden McDaniels at 11. McDaniels, P Williams, Jalen Smith, Poku are my Spurs big board. Talent is talent at the end of the day. Ingram/ Issac hybrid. All he needs is a team like the Spurs, Heat, Nuggets to bring the best out of him.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did any of you see Adebayo reject Tatum to seal that OT win tonight? He also had 9 AST's in the game.

The guy got 6 comments here before his draft, and 3 of them were from the OP. There weren't even many internet scouting reports about him, and he sure wasn't one of the guys being talked about for "ridiculous upside". He couldn't shoot the 3 (still can't), and the Heat got him at 14.

He may never play in an All Star game, but he was NBA ready, and he started making a difference to the Heat right away. I think there are a couple of those in this draft. Gimme one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bam made the All-Star team this year, and he'll probably make a lot more in the next few years. But yeah, he's another guy who seemingly came out of nowhere with skills that didn't match his scouting report. But he also came into the league as a really good player from go. The closest guy to that I can think of is Neismith. Dude will come into the league like Bryn Forbes but could eventually be a lead scorer who's much better at leveraging his gravity to get other guys points than they project now. Think Devin Booker.

I guess I could see Precious as showing something like Bam. Dude does seem like a dribble-drive center. While he did nothing to seem like an assist god that Bam is, Bam also didn't show that in college.

Count me too as someone who think Jalen Smith could be the best player on a playoff team if everything goes right. I don't see him winning a le as the best player, but I do think he can outplay his draft slot.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bam made the All-Star team this year, and he'll probably make a lot more in the next few years. But yeah, he's another guy who seemingly came out of nowhere with skills that didn't match his scouting report. But he also came into the league as a really good player from go. The closest guy to that I can think of is Neismith. Dude will come into the league like Bryn Forbes but could eventually be a lead scorer who's much better at leveraging his gravity to get other guys points than they project now. Think Devin Booker.

I guess I could see Precious as showing something like Bam. Dude does seem like a dribble-drive center. While he did nothing to seem like an assist god that Bam is, Bam also didn't show that in college.

Count me too as someone who think Jalen Smith could be the best player on a playoff team if everything goes right. I don't see him winning a le as the best player, but I do think he can outplay his draft slot.

I forgot they even had an All Star Game this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're at a good spot... would be happy with any of Nesmith, Smith, Poku, Pat, Precious. (Watch them trade the pick for a vet lmfao)

Future is bright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, free agency will be before the draft this year?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, free agency will be before the draft this year?
    Good question. The draft date has been set at Nov 18, but I haven't heard about when free agency will start.

Draft-day trades and such will be pretty hard if free agency starts first, though. My guess for now is that the free agency moratorium will start a week after the draft like normal, but that's definitely up in the air at this point.

Thread Information