Page 90 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2866
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grain of Salt, from NBASupes

Those rumblings are on deaf ears. It seems MIN is drafting Ball regardless because his trade value is by far the highest. This might be the Wiggins pick of this draft where Ball might be a Wolves on paper but might start the season elsewhere. Edwards isn't going in the top 2. GS is a major lean for Deni. They really have decided that's their guy. I found out today that they are trying to do a deal where they trade MIN 1st 2021, Wiggins for Turner and Oladipo. They really want Turner a lot more than they want Warren or Oladipo. It seems like they will probably meet half way where it's Turner and neither one of these guys but it's likely they will take Deni. They like him a lot and sold on his fit with the squad. Edwards is the guy teams are over the place on. I am hearing his sweet spot is 5. No one knows what Charlotte will do at #3.
    Chicago has been said to be a PG lean if Deni is not available. Hayes and Haliburton are their top guys. He mentioned there is some interest in Maxey.
    Cleveland is a major Okoro lean. There is also thought this is where Edwards could fall at the lowest.
    Atlanta is said to be the most gettable piece but very costly. He was told that it's too expensive for this draft. That's been said a lot. Everyone wants where they want to go to be cheap but the other team to be expensive. He said Atlanta is an Okoro lean
    DET has been said to be a PG lean.
    NY has been a BPA for Thibs system. Okongwu is the guy most projected here. If NY moves up, it's expected that Okoro is the target.
    WAS has been a center lean. This is Wiseman's draft floor.
    PHX has been stated to be a Jalen Smith lean.
    - Center run starts at 8 , we have to jump to 6 or 7 to get a big man we like I think we have the same board as WAS
    - NY may have Okongwu and Pat Williams
    - WAS may have Okongwu , Wiseman , Jalen ( based on GM interview the Ringer looking for Bigs )
    - PHX Jalen Smith is surprising never seen him mock to suns before , suns see him as Kurt Thomas ( NBASupes)
    - Deni to GS seems to be a lock ( the Ringer mock, NBASupes )
    - Many reports of Edwards (5 floor) and Wiseman (9 floor , Wasserman BR) dropping before this.
    - Obi gonna drop to 10-14 if Hawks don't take him at 6. (NBASupes)
    - CHA is the wild card , Jordan is gonna pick there the player he wants.
    - SA Vassell (NBASupes) seems the most likely if we don't move up

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grain of Salt, from NBASupes

- Center run starts at 8 , we have to jump to 6 or 7 to get a big man we like I think we have the same board as WAS
    - NY may have Okongwu and Pat Williams
    - WAS may have Okongwu , Wiseman , Jalen ( based on GM interview the Ringer looking for Bigs )
    - PHX Jalen Smith is surprising never seen him mock to suns before , suns see him as Kurt Thomas ( NBASupes)
    - Deni to GS seems to be a lock ( the Ringer mock, NBASupes )
    - Many reports of Edwards (5 floor) and Wiseman (9 floor , Wasserman BR) dropping before this.
    - Obi gonna drop to 10-14 if Hawks don't take him at 6. (NBASupes)
    - CHA is the wild card , Jordan is gonna pick there the player he wants.
    - SA Vassell (NBASupes) seems the most likely if we don't move up
    i also read some rumors that GSW wants deni but this idea to get turner.. damn they could be a freakingly solid for the next yrs.

the rest is really interesting. thanks a lot.

MIN: Ball
    GSW: Deni
    CHA: (Edwards?)
    CHI: Hayes/Haliburton
    CLE: Okoro
    ATL: Okoro
    DET: Hayes/Haliburton
    NYK: Okongwu
    WSH: Wiseman
    PHX: Jalen Smith
    SAS: Vassell
    Last edited by spurspl; 09-29-2020 at 07:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Toppin drops take him!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Toppin drops take him!!!
    Yeah, there's no question at 11. Like none at all. Even if he's literally Derrick Williams, that would be pretty nice at 11. Without the hype of being a top-three pick, it'd be much easier to give him a smaller role and let him figure out what he can do at the NBA level. Williams was a player who developed poorly more than anything else. He probably shouldn't've gotten the hype he did, but he had talent to cultivate. Seems like a decent Euro player now, and I think he'd've stuck around longer had he come into the NBA a few years later. He was a PF when guys his size were usually SFs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA - Been in talks with Atlanta but nothing is there so far and I finally got the okay on this one. They aren't open to trading White or Murray and Atlanta isn't hot on Samanic. They did offer LMA to Atlanta which I found interesting. There was some interest in a possible swap of 11/DeRozan for 6 from Atlanta if DD opts in but it was a nonstarter for San Antonio. Pop loves DD. SA been in talks with a number of teams to move up. I was told their target is Onyeka Okongwu. The issue with SA is they don't want to trade a future 1st and they don't want to move the PGs, DeRozan or Walker, as well as Keldon Johnson. It's kinda hard to make a move for players who aren't that appealing.
    Both bolded parts scare me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be great just to add a lottery talent to the team, I think ideally I’d like for the spurs to grab a big man if available but I’d be happy with anyone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No interview yet with the Spurs for RJ

timvp

That's now two guards that the Spurs haven't been linked yet. Make it three and ill start to believe they really will select a big in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's now two guards that the Spurs haven't been linked yet. Make it three and ill start to believe they really will select a big in this draft.
    If anything, this makes me think they will pick a guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything, this makes me think they will pick a guard.
    Spurs of old, sure. I think technology and media has advanced so much that the Spurs can't hide anything anymore though.

Also, Luka and his lack of passion for basketball may make them more cautious about the characters of individuals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm I think after what happened with KY they would be more cautious in back ground checks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs over playing the value of their players once again which means no trades, resign Forbes and add a drat pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could also be we just aren’t targeting those particular prospects. Hayes doing an interview was a hot topic among local media members the other day. I think Haliburton has media availability today, so we’ll see if he has a SA link.

I’m not overly impressed with any of the bigs in this class, and don’t think any are really worth picking at 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want Hayes. I think it would be nice to have an actual point guard at all times on the floor. With White (better be a effing starter next season) and Hayes off the bench we can run our sets smoothly, do pick n rolls and pick n pops for our players. Also the ball will get less sticky on the court. No more murray dribble driibble then pass to demar who dribble dribbles. Also only having 2 players on our team who can actually dribble a basketball at a pro level scares me. Especially when both of them are up for contract extensions or just plain possibly leaving.

Bey would be my second pick just on the hope that we won't start Forbes anymore. I already know we are re-signing the , but please for the love of all humanity don't let us start him AGAIN next year. I mostly blame Murray for the whole Forbes fiasco (part of the reason I'm super down on Murray) but with Bey we get someone with size that can shoot the ball at Forbes levels. With this pick, I would feel the most hope that Forbes will be brought off the bench (ahead of Lonnie might I add which is going to anger a load of fans here )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It gets going a bit more in earnest on Thursday, however, when teams can begin conducting direct, 30-minute interviews (via video chat) with specific requested players.
    Each team, like, say, the Utah Jazz, can interview a maximum of 20 players over the coming weeks through Oct. 16, though each player can be interviewed by no more than 13 teams.
    https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2...-is-under-way/

A little more info. about the combine. I was unaware that a player could only be interviewed at max by 13 teams. Interesting...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year it was Nassir Little, Keldon Johnson, Cam Reddish, Goga Bitadze. I don't know the rest usually players they don't have private workouts of. Or in this case previous and future zoom interviews scheduled because of the range of their picks , agent steering them to certain teams etc.

Last edited by rankingtear; 09-30-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would like Oturo with our second round pick. Dont think he will drop to us there but would be nice if he did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t really worry about Pop loving DeRozan for many reasons. But namely if they loved him we wouldn’t be in this position; he had every chance to be extended and it never got close to happening

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think they are going to target a couple bigs like Jalen Smith. If they are off the board it’ll be best player available. I could easily seeing them draft another guard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t really worry about Pop loving DeRozan for many reasons. But namely if they loved him we wouldn’t be in this position; he had every chance to be extended and it never got close to happening
    I'm just curious where did you hear it never got close to happening. What I heard a while ago was that they talked but the Spurs din't wanna commit to a long term deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hali only interviewed for the Knicks , Detroit and Warriors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interviewing guards would suggest the Spurs are intending to trade Murray or White. Even if they do intend to do so, it makes sense for them to not indicate that and lose a bit of leverage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Chicago picks a guard and the Spurs don't, Tomas Satoransky would be an interesting trade target-- 6'7", can play three positions, made the Bulls better when he was on the floor (but they don't seem to view him as a future piece), in his prime at 28 yrs old, reasonable contract. Would make Dejounte & Forbes expendable while also saving money. Better passer than DJ, would probably mix well with White and KJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 10-02-2020 at 10:14 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I like Halliburton's game, but his shooting form is just ugly. I don't trust him.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I like Halliburton's game, but his shooting form is just ugly. I don't trust him.
    Its bad. Tyler Bey’s is hideous.

Thread Information