Page 91 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its bad. Tyler Bey’s is hideous.
    Absolutely. I was just watching his video on the same post... This is the guy everyone's saying will be a marksman in the NBA? His off-hand motion don't look right. I know the saying is "as long as it goes in..." but god damn, that's not something I'd like in a prospect whose main attribute is his shooting. Pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I like Halliburton's game, but his shooting form is just ugly. I don't trust him.
    It’s ugly, but his range is Curry like. If you go to block it, he will go by you, and have 5 on 4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update from Hawks Insider NBASupes

Deni is a lean at 4 with Chicago as well but if he's gone look at Hayes who is also a lean for Chicago. If both are gone, look for Chicago to considering trading down. No one knows what Charlotte will do.
    Cleveland is a Edwards lean and if he's gone Okoro
    Atlanta is an Okoro lean, then Deni, then Obi, then Smith or Okongwu
    Detroit is a Haliburton heavy lean. If you want him, you have to move up. Obi is also a lean if Hali is gone.
    New York likes a lot of guys so no leans but I heard 27 and 8 is on the market if it can get them Ball or Edwards.
    Okongwu is a major lean for Washington, Jalen Smith is a lean. They aren't thinking Wiseman will be here but if he is, I am not sure he can jump Okongwu.
    After that, it's the wild wild west. Trade downs and move up bonanza since the cost won't be anywhere near as crazy. I do think if Okongwu or Wiseman falls to 10, Boston will try to move up to 10.
    Cost is literally the biggest hindrance is what he gave me on this recent call. They keep repeating, Minnesota wants too much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How reliable is this guy first of all? What is his track record? Because it seems like it's easy to make it all up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I like Halliburton's game, but his shooting form is just ugly. I don't trust him.
    Haliburton has everything you would want in a PG in today’s NBA... except two (at least to yet consistently prove), of the most important attributes needed to have consistent success.
    1. Ability to get by your initial defender - unabated
    2. Shoot off the dribble
    I’m much higher on Kira for these reasons even though Halliburton’s game, IQ appears more well rounded. I also wonder about his humility as I think he genuinely believes he has already arrived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to see the Spurs nab Haliburton, Hayes or Deni. Highly doubtful.
    It does seem quite plausible that Williams, Precious, Vassell, Nesmith and maybe even Wiseman, Obi or Smith are around.
    Seems hard to mess that up if so. Spurs have done a very solid job on the due dilligence in knowing the character of their picks.

Detroit, Atlanta and Chicago seem like the best bets for a trade. I'm throwing out a crazy idea. Lamarcus to GS for their pick. They will need more muscle and interior help to stop the Lakers from repeating. We need a great, young prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nanji would be a good prospect at center to snag, if the Spurs can get a 2nd first-round pick, or if he falls to the second-round.

Bey is an athletic prospect similar to Brandon Clarke last year. He'd be a solid option in the second round too.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 10-02-2020 at 06:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely. I was just watching his video on the same post... This is the guy everyone's saying will be a marksman in the NBA? His off-hand motion don't look right. I know the saying is "as long as it goes in..." but god damn, that's not something I'd like in a prospect whose main attribute is his shooting. Pass.
    You're probably confusing Tyler (Colorado) with Saddiq Bey (Villanova).

Tyler is an athletic, undersized power forward, while Saddiq is a taller, big, Wesley Matthews - esque SF prospect.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does seem quite plausible that Williams, Precious, Vassell, Nesmith and maybe even Wiseman, Obi or Smith are around.
    Seems hard to mess that up if so. Spurs have done a very solid job on the due dilligence in knowing the character of their picks.

Detroit, Atlanta and Chicago seem like the best bets for a trade. I'm throwing out a crazy idea. Lamarcus to GS for their pick. They will need more muscle and interior help to stop the Lakers from repeating. We need a great, young prospect.
    how do u know that spurs done a solid due dilligence? any report or leaks u can read somewhere on network?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how do u know that spurs done a solid due dilligence? any report or leaks u can read somewhere on network?
    I have zero insider info, just seems like they draft a person as much as a player. That’s been their approach for the 22 yrs I’ve been following them. Small market teams have a much smaller margin for error. Just the musings of a Spurs fan in Austin.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have zero insider info, just seems like they draft a person as much as a player. That’s been their approach for the 22 yrs I’ve been following them. Small market teams have a much smaller margin for error. Just the musings of a Spurs fan in Austin.
    oh ok, i though u have some infos. But agree that spurs always look really closely to character and personality

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah I was thinking the same thing anyone who wants a ring has to have an answer for Lebron and Davis but I was not so greedy I was thinking of the Heat and picking up there draft pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How reliable is this guy first of all? What is his track record? Because it seems like it's easy to make it all up.
    He did have this info before last years draft

Posted June 21, 2019[COLOR=#828282 !important]
    [/COLOR]
    Had a short chat with my guy. He only had a minute but said Atlanta has being ultra aggressive to get their goal of two top 8 picks.
    I asked about a deal between CLE/ATL and he said they spoke but neither seem to be on the same page. CLE wants #8 and ATL wants two top 8 picks. Both have made counter deals to better favor the other but neither seem to address the others want. ATL did finally open to making 8 available but they wanted next year's 2020 to be top 4 protected and that CLE had little interest in it.
    Said Atlanta is being very aggressive and really wants two top 8 picks.

Didn't have much time to talk but he mention this is the most interested he has seen teams ready to make a deal. I asked if Atlanta moved up, who is their guy. He said DeAndre Hunter. LP and Travis loved him and they want Cam Reddish who Travis loves as well as Trae Young is advocating for. Hawks see Hunter as a true forward and someone who can help you win games. They want two wings. That's the goal and it's been the goal.
    In terms of spurs :

- His source said Spurs would take Keldon at 19
    - Demar for JR Smith + picks last offseason to sign Bojan Bogdanovic fell through
    - Poetl to Atlanta deal fell through, ATL offered OKC protected 2022 first but SAS wanted BKL 2020 first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did have this info before last years draft

In terms of spurs :

- His source said Spurs would take Keldon at 19
    - Demar for JR Smith + picks last offseason to sign Bojan Bogdanovic fell through
    - Poetl to Atlanta deal fell through, ATL offered OKC protected 2022 first but SAS wanted BKL 2020 first.
    How close to the draft did he get that info? I think information changes a lot when dealing with draft rumors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s ugly, but his range is Curry like. If you go to block it, he will go by you, and have 5 on 4.
    Eh he has Jimmer range, not Curry range. Even though he's farther back, his release means he has to commit to shooting faster than a normal shooter would. To put it another way, he could very easily struggle from the corners because he can't back up enough to give himself time to shoot. Haliburton is supposed to be a high-IQ player, so I think he'll just refrain from taking those shots if they aren't open rather than miss the contested jumpers. That kind of tracks with Jimmer who shot well from the corners (45 percent for his career and 52 percent in his first three year) but only took 1/8 shots from that range, which is absurdly low for a floor-spacer.

It's going to be interesting to see how his game develops in the context of his shooting motion. The standard motion is such for a reason. I don't see it being worth it to try to change his mechanics too much, but if he has to live with what he has, it gives him a lower floor than a lot of people are expecting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton has everything you would want in a PG in today’s NBA... except two (at least to yet consistently prove), of the most important attributes needed to have consistent success.
    1. Ability to get by your initial defender - unabated
    2. Shoot off the dribble
    I’m much higher on Kira for these reasons even though Halliburton’s game, IQ appears more well rounded. I also wonder about his humility as I think he genuinely believes he has already arrived.
    Tbh, I'd still choose Halliburton, just because I'm tired of low-IQ players on our team. Not saying Kira won't be good, but still. The humility thing is real, but I think a little "swagger" and confidence is great to have in a player - if they have the tools, that drive will keep him working on his game. But if you're like Dejounte and acting like a star while playing like a role-player... Yeah, that ain't gonna fly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're probably confusing Tyler (Colorado) with Saddiq Bey (Villanova).

Tyler is an athletic, undersized power forward, while Saddiq is a taller, big, Wesley Matthews - esque SF prospect.
    This was the case lol, I misread. Confusing to have two prospects surnamed the same...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could really see the Celts trading up with two of their FRPs for Suns' 10th pick to draft Jalen Smith.... I hope not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could really see the Celts trading up with two of their FRPs for Suns' 10th pick to draft Jalen Smith.... I hope not.
    It is rumoured that Suns wanted to draft Smith themselves so which ever way it seems bad news for the Spurs if they also wanted Smith

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is rumoured that Suns wanted to draft Smith themselves so which ever way it seems bad news for the Spurs if they also wanted Smith
    There's a lot of smoke for the Suns to draft Tyrell Terry, too. I think drafting a PG makes more sense for them right now.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a lot of smoke for the Suns to draft Tyrell Terry, too. I think drafting a PG makes more sense for them right now.

Heh. I was just here to ask WTF. Suddenly people are acting like Terry is one of the best players in the draft. He supposedly put on 20 lbs. since the end of the season. I've seen more than one report saying that he's the best pure shooter in this draft class, etc. I watched Stanford several times this season, and I was on the lookout for PG's. Personally, I think he's Bryn Forbes II. He's a good shooter, but he's 6'1", not especially athletic, not an especially good distributor. He's got a weak handle and coughs the ball up a lot. Stanford had a poor record, in a weak conference. I think he's another totally undersized 2 guard masquerading as a "combo guard".

The last couple of seasons I've tried to figure out how some of these guys suddenly blow up on social media. Just a couple of weeks ago he was supposedly going near the end of the first round, and I wondered if that wasn't high. Suddenly they're talking about him in the top 10? There are a bunch of articles and blurbs about him all of a sudden - here's one: https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/10/...-up-the-board/

Honestly, I hope they're right because it will push someone else down the board.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been quietly hoping we're offering them a deal like #14 and #26 for #11...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The last couple of seasons I've tried to figure out how some of these guys suddenly blow up on social media. ..
    I strongly suspect the answer involves agents and money...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh. I was just here to ask WTF. Suddenly people are acting like Terry is one of the best players in the draft. He supposedly put on 20 lbs. since the end of the season. I've seen more than one report saying that he's the best pure shooter in this draft class, etc. I watched Stanford several times this season, and I was on the lookout for PG's. Personally, I think he's Bryn Forbes II. He's a good shooter, but he's 6'1", not especially athletic, not an especially good distributor. He's got a weak handle and coughs the ball up a lot. Stanford had a poor record, in a weak conference. I think he's another totally undersized 2 guard masquerading as a "combo guard".

The last couple of seasons I've tried to figure out how some of these guys suddenly blow up on social media. Just a couple of weeks ago he was supposedly going near the end of the first round, and I wondered if that wasn't high. Suddenly they're talking about him in the top 10? There are a bunch of articles and blurbs about him all of a sudden - here's one: https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/10/...-up-the-board/

Honestly, I hope they're right because it will push someone else down the board.
    This draft does feel different though in comparison to years past. Usually after a college season, a prospect has what, a 2 month window at best to prepare, show scouts etc. what they “may” be getting based on all other information accrued through their basketball career to that point.

This year, they have had a 6-7 month time frame, almost another full season of development and maturation, for which prospects aged 18-20 yrs old is invaluable - (if used effectively).
    I honestly think that is why a guy like Terry is on the rise and can see him being a lottery pick in today’s NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah also every year depending on college finals guys can move up or down in the draft pretty dramatically but with hardly any college ball played no such moments.

Thread Information