Page 88 of 115 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2866
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could Wiseman not doing the combine make him drop? He did not play much in college and has already fallen some. I would like for him to fall to 11th. He is a mystery and may not be as good as hopped but I would still take him at 11. I am wondering if Bey got a promise from someone. He is who I want the Spurs to draft if Wiseman is not there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to imagine what a madhouse the off season will be-- the finals will end before mid October, and between then and January, we'll have the draft, free agency, some sort of "summer league", and pre-season before the new season kicks off, presumably not too long after New Year's. What a logistical nightmare this must be for the NBA to try and figure out. Add to that concerns about a second Covid wave and teams trying to manage their own arenas... and if teams are flying & traveling regularly, there's little chance of keeping cases contained like they have in the bubble. What a huge challenge.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 09-27-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Non-participants

-James Wiseman
    -Anthony Edwards
    -Onyeka Okongwu
    -Saddiq Bey
    -Aleksej Pokusevski
    -Aaron Nesmith
    -Tyrese Maxey
    -Leandro Bolmaro
    -Obi Toppin
    -Devin Vassell
    -Patrick Williams
    -Cole Anthony
    Poku and Patrick Williams are represented by Wasserman. That agency's other players this draft are Payton Pritchard, Saben Lee, Giorgios Kalaitzakis, Rokas Jokubaitis, Borisa Simanic, Tres Tinkle, Austin Wiley. Among their players from 2019 are De'Andre Hunter who while seemingly listed as being a combine participant on NBA.com doesn't appear in any of the measurements or drills. Also repped Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Luka Samanic.

Okongwu, Wiseman, Saddiq Bey, Cole Anthony, and Aaron Nesmith are all repped by Excel. So maybe they'll do a group thing or just an another agency power move. Their other clients are Elijah Hughes, Nathan Knight, Nick Richards are combine participants.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Edwards and Tyrese Maxey are repped by Klutch, and the only Klutch clients I could find among one top 100 big board

Toppin and Vassell are CAA, but other CAA clients that are participating are Halliburton, Flynn, Mason Jones, Josh Green, Dotson etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/JeremyWoo/status/1310376829258268673?s=20

Jeremy from SI claims LaMelo to participate in media session and team interviews for combine, unclear on other activities - but most likely not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would expect Tyrell Terry and Desmond Bane to nail the combine intangibles - the interviews specifically, exactly the kind of thing the Spurs would be into. While 11 might seem high for either guy (especially Bane), can’t help but feel in today’s NBA, to have such an elite skill ie. shooting - mixed with high I.Q and strong work ethic can only lead to a successful pro career. I honestly would love to have either guy and think Bane’s versatility on Defense would mesh well with the current roster.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would expect Tyrell Terry and Desmond Bane to nail the combine intangibles - the interviews specifically, exactly the kind of thing the Spurs would be into. While 11 might seem high for either guy (especially Bane), can’t help but feel in today’s NBA, to have such an elite skill ie. shooting - mixed with high I.Q and strong work ethic can only lead to a successful pro career. I honestly would love to have either guy and think Bane’s versatility on Defense would mesh well with the current roster.

I like Desmond Bane. Not at 11, but I like him. But - I would really like to see combine numbers on him. Stepien has some metrics that don't even make sense. He's got a negative wingspan (wingspan less than height), but his standing reach is actually pretty normal. He's got a poor no-step vert, but a really good max vert. And his sprint time is poor, but his shuttle run is so fast I can't believe it's right.

He's strong as , built like a tank, and can stroke 3's. He put up really good numbers against a strong schedule. I think he could be a pretty good 3 and D player, and he's one of the guys that make me wish the Spurs had an extra late-first pick. The combine could really help his draft stock. If that shuttle run time is for real, and he measures as one of those short-necked guys who's effective height is better than it looks? I could see him going in the middle of the round.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what Minny wants for #1. Probably a package thats worth more than #1 this year. Article saying they will pick Ball unless they get a trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grain of salt, supposed insider , something to talk about atleast

SA - Been in talks with Atlanta but nothing is there so far and I finally got the okay on this one. They aren't open to trading White or Murray and Atlanta isn't hot on Samanic. They did offer LMA to Atlanta which I found interesting. There was some interest in a possible swap of 11/DeRozan for 6 from Atlanta if DD opts in but it was a nonstarter for San Antonio. Pop loves DD. SA been in talks with a number of teams to move up. I was told their target is Onyeka Okongwu. The issue with SA is they don't want to trade a future 1st and they don't want to move the PGs, DeRozan or Walker, as well as Keldon Johnson. It's kinda hard to make a move for players who aren't that appealing.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431.../156/#comments

Makes sense, they are 18th in PNR rollman and 21th in cuts playtype per Synergy , guessing they want a rim runner.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 09-29-2020 at 03:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grain of salt, supposed insider , something to talk about atleast

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431.../156/#comments
    Great find. How did you find this? Know any other forums with insiders?

Not sure how legit and how an outside source would know who the Spurs are targeting in the draft... That would be a leaky ship that the Spurs are running, if true. Easier to buy the other stuff in that post though since it could easily be learned from opposite teams of these trade rejections.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great find. How did you find this? Know any other forums with insiders?

Not sure how legit and how an outside source would know who the Spurs are targeting in the draft... That would be a leaky ship that the Spurs are running, if true. Easier to buy the other stuff in that post though since it could easily be learned from opposite teams of these trade rejections.
    Knicks reddit, they usually have good draft content so I frequent there. I'm guessing with failed trades it is easier to be leaked since reporters usually have this info and can't publish it. I think with who they want to draft is just guess work based on team needs and who they want to give up or keep.

Earlier spurs info:

7. If he falls, Vassell and the Spurs are the pair. A sleeper I was told for the Spurs is James Wiseman. He won't fall that far but don't be surprised if they moved up in the lottery. They have him at #1 I was told and have been doing their homework on him.
    He said SAS will not blow it up. They like what they are doing now. They are seeing the results of it and a lot of people around the league feel since the drafts have been stronger of late, it's better to build while winning instead of tearing it down and needing luck to get on the right track aka the KB21 model is getting rave reviews. Teams find developing young talent difficult and it requires hitting on that talent and a good mix to work. Teams are realizing upperclassman players need to be targeted more for the NBA draft in today's NBA. PHX has already adjusted to this logic. Others are joining.
    Been aggressive this year more than normal for field call to move up and down this year. They are mainly looking to cost. If there are trades, expect a similar trade like Saric/11 for #7 last year. I was told that White/Murray/Johnson/Walker are there core kids and they aren't open to moving them but some of the vets could be getting moved outside of DeRozan who can opt out.
    Hawks really like Derrick White but so do the Spurs but that's what it's going to cost to move swap picks. I was told it's highly unlikely. That a LMA deal is more likely if they can find the right suitor. Spurs are in a position where they want to cut some 2020-21 salary.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 09-29-2020 at 04:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting the rumour is Spurs are ready to move on from LMA. I thought TD staying out of the bubble to work with him, meant Spurs are still wanting to stay with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On that link above

SA - Been in talks with Atlanta but nothing is there so far and I finally got the okay on this one. They aren't open to trading White or Murray and Atlanta isn't hot on Samanic. They did offer LMA to Atlanta which I found interesting. There was some interest in a possible swap of 11/DeRozan for 6 from Atlanta if DD opts in but it was a nonstarter for San Antonio. Pop loves DD. SA been in talks with a number of teams to move up. I was told their target is Onyeka Okongwu. The issue with SA is they don't want to trade a future 1st and they don't want to move the PGs, DeRozan or Walker, as well as Keldon Johnson. It's kinda hard to make a move for players who aren't that appealing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - LA is for Dedmon , to save spurs 9 mil to resign own free agent or free agents + MLE
    - 11+Samanic for 6 is what spurs offer , but ATL wants 11+Derozan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting the rumour is Spurs are ready to move on from LMA. I thought TD staying out of the bubble to work with him, meant Spurs are still wanting to stay with him.
    That always seemed like a lame cover story to give Duncan an excuse to not go to the bubble. I mean, come on, the guy who ended up being the #1 assistant leapfrogging Hammon to take over during games is going to ... Help Aldridge in his rehab? :

If I had to guess, Duncan won't be back coaching next season and will go back to just hanging out and working out with players. If Manu had accepted the offer to be an assistant then Duncan never does the job

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That always seemed like a lame cover story to give Duncan an excuse to not go to the bubble. I mean, come on, the guy who ended up being the #1 assistant leapfrogging Hammon to take over during games is going to ... Help Aldridge in his rehab? :

If I had to guess, Duncan won't be back coaching next season and will go back to just hanging out and working out with players. If Manu had accepted the offer to be an assistant then Duncan never does the job
    Eh, to me it looks like LMA had been working out pretty extensively during the hiatus. While I think Aldridge was held out because of his heart issue it wouldn't surprise me if Tim working with him really was the plan. Also, we don't know for sure that Tim hasn't developed some condition that would make COVID more dangerous.

I wouldn't be surprised either way about Tim. I had thought he took the job because Pop was retiring at the end of this year. That could still happen, though it's getting late. If he's confident he'll be gone after this upcoming season, I could see Tim sticking around. It's probably be best for the Spurs to bring in a real lead assistant though. Ironically, I think had Manu taken the job, Tim would still be in SA working with Aldridge right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Spurs offering Luka +11th pick for Atlanta pick that is just crazy talk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy that insider scoop, at least I don't consider it fact. Like I doubt that Murray or even White and the others are truly off the table, but I could see if that were the smokescreen PATFO has put out. Remember, in 2011, the rumor was that the Spurs would trade Parker and make Hill the franchise PG.

I can't imagine the Spurs consider all three of White/Murray/DeRozan absolutely unmovable. I can buy that they don't think it's worth any of them to move up to 6. I can also buy that they wouldn't consummate a deal unless their guy fell anyway. But yeah, on the whole the info seems more like speculation than anything else.

But what if it's not? I don't like the idea of DeRozan playing the four full time. I think it's the best position for his skill-set, but it's not something his body can do for a full season, and it's way too exploitable if it's the main unit. Murray needs to get out of the SL if that's the case, because the main reason for putting DeMar at the four is to add a floor-spacer, and somehow the Spurs still end up with two non-shooters and one mediocre shooter with White and Walker having to take/sustain big steps forward. It feels like the team should want LMA more than ever if they are running with that unit, since Aldridge is more versatile Okongwu is an interesting player, but he seems more like a Poeltl upgrade than Aldridge replacement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Spurs offering Luka +11th pick for Atlanta pick that is just crazy talk.
    I doubt they would unless they hate his at ude. If they've determined he's not a long-term piece though, it would make sense. With Johnson seeming like the nugget of the 2019 Spurs draft, Sam is basically house money. Using him to get a potential cornerstone is justifiable, just as it is with Murray or any of the others. I'd hope they didn't make such a huge mistake that it's apparent after just a year, but I'd rather than trade someone they believe in more if that's an option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy that insider scoop, at least I don't consider it fact. Like I doubt that Murray or even White and the others are truly off the table, but I could see if that were the smokescreen PATFO has put out. Remember, in 2011, the rumor was that the Spurs would trade Parker and make Hill the franchise PG.

I can't imagine the Spurs consider all three of White/Murray/DeRozan absolutely unmovable. I can buy that they don't think it's worth any of them to move up to 6. I can also buy that they wouldn't consummate a deal unless their guy fell anyway. But yeah, on the whole the info seems more like speculation than anything else.

But what if it's not? I don't like the idea of DeRozan playing the four full time. I think it's the best position for his skill-set, but it's not something his body can do for a full season, and it's way too exploitable if it's the main unit. Murray needs to get out of the SL if that's the case, because the main reason for putting DeMar at the four is to add a floor-spacer, and somehow the Spurs still end up with two non-shooters and one mediocre shooter with White and Walker having to take/sustain big steps forward. It feels like the team should want LMA more than ever if they are running with that unit, since Aldridge is more versatile Okongwu is an interesting player, but he seems more like a Poeltl upgrade than Aldridge replacement.
    I think that the whole ‘off the table’ thing is situational. Maybe they feel the talent jump from 11 to 6 isn’t justification to move any of those players + 11, but if someone offered 3, they’d jump. The story of this draft for a good while has been nice players at the VERY top, but a long string of secondary talent through the first round. They won’t move assets for lateral talent. Doesn’t make sense.

If they really want to move Sammich, they need to FEATURE him in Austin this year, assuming our lottery pick will be with the big club. Someone will see the skill set and physical package, and Jones for him. They may be ready to move on. His MO coming in was poor at ude and less than optimal effort. The bubble kind of revealed their lack of plans for him, with LMA and Lyles out, and Sammich only getting minutes in the last game, when the Spurs fate had already been decided.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah right. As if they are even considering trading Samanic.

Some idiotic speculation, imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka was drafted with the clear understanding he was a project and was not NBA ready unlike Keldon who was NBA ready. I highly doubt the Spurs are going to draft a project and then get rid of that project after 1 year that just makes no sense and I do not think the Spurs have ever done that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah right. As if they are even considering trading Samanic.

Some idiotic speculation, imo.
    Why didn’t he play in the bubble, until the last game, when they were eliminated? LMA was out. Lyles was out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, i hope Luka is busy working on his craft but his IG just shows him fooling around with a woman

Thread Information