Page 51 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be an unpopular opinion but if the Spurs get the first pick, right now my gun-to-my-head pick would be Anthony Edwards. Easily the best scoring prospect in the draft, IMO. You don't have to squint too much to see him landing somewhere between Bradley Beal and Eric Gordon. A short shooting guard is literally the position of least need on the Spurs but they have to go with the best player available. Edwards comes across as kinda goofy in interviews but you can chalk that up to youth. You can't teach his natural scoring instincts and he is a good enough passer already that you can project the possibility of building an offense around him. He also has some defensive potential if he decides to buy in on that end.

I like Ball too but he's a terrible fit for the "culture" and he has a much lower floor than Edwards.
    Edwards seems dumb and lazy as , tbh. You can teach kids technical aspects, I don't know how possible it is to teach them wits/heart. Deep down, I would prefer the Spurs to remain at 11 so that they don't have to be forced to pick one of these flawed and/or poor fit top 4 prospects, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching some tape on Williams, I don't know that he could be playing like Tatum is right now. He doesn't have a bad frame but I just don't see him putting on the muscle and mass that is so necessary for Tatum to shine like he does. I do like the prospect, but I'd prefer a stronger wing. Especially considering Luka might not put all that much weight on, we need some real size at the forward positions.
    Really? I don't know, man... I was under the impression that Pat was pretty thick, especially when you look at the dude's thighs in some photos. Also, Pat has a 7'0 wingspan compared to Jayson's 6'11" so length is pretty much the same.

If you're saying he probably doesnt have the work ethic to gain muscle given his current state, I'd say once he meets our young core I think that will change... Whats great about our young group is they seem to have adapted great work ethic.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-20-2020 at 04:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the Lamelo Ball hype. Every scouting report says he has little to no interest in defense, and his 3pt%s in Lithuania and Australia were terrible. An inefficient No D & No 3 combo guard? Sounds like a shorter, less efficient Ben Simmons without the D. I don't think that's a top 4 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be an unpopular opinion but if the Spurs get the first pick, right now my gun-to-my-head pick would be Anthony Edwards. Easily the best scoring prospect in the draft, IMO. You don't have to squint too much to see him landing somewhere between Bradley Beal and Eric Gordon. A short shooting guard is literally the position of least need on the Spurs but they have to go with the best player available. Edwards comes across as kinda goofy in interviews but you can chalk that up to youth. You can't teach his natural scoring instincts and he is a good enough passer already that you can project the possibility of building an offense around him. He also has some defensive potential if he decides to buy in on that end.

I like Ball too but he's a terrible fit for the "culture" and he has a much lower floor than Edwards.
    Funny you bring up Ball... I've felt Anthony Edwards was too Hollywood for this team and will likely leave when his rookie contract expires.

We already had a chance to draft Anthony, his name was Kevin Porter.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-20-2020 at 04:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the Lamelo Ball hype. Every scouting report says he has little to no interest in defense, and his 3pt%s in Lithuania and Australia were terrible. An inefficient No D & No 3 combo guard? Sounds like a shorter, less efficient Ben Simmons without the D. I don't think that's a top 4 pick.
    If no one ends up being better than a Bradley Beal/ Eric Gordon type in this draft then what a ty draft...

Also I don't look forward to the Spurs future if that's what we're building around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...evin-porter-jr

Roughly the same size and numbers (Kevin played limited minutes due to an injury, I believe)

Last edited by Dejounte; 08-20-2020 at 05:10 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the offensive potential of patrick Williams.
    He can shoot the 3 and drive but I don't see the ceilling offensively and he is nowhere like tatum at the same age.

But he is young so we'll see. Imo he could be a decent pick, a good starter or role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the offensive potential of patrick Williams.
    He can shoot the 3 and drive but I don't see the ceilling offensively and he is nowhere like tatum at the same age.

But he is young so we'll see. Imo he could be a decent pick, a good starter or role player.
    I was on the same boat as you until I watched this video

His regular highlights don't do him justice

Its also worth noting that Tatum had a way different offensive system on his college team than Pat. Pat's coach refused to allow any of his players to shine. they distributed the ball like 2014 Spurs, an 11 man rotation.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-20-2020 at 06:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In addition to the context I mentioned above,

I believe Pat has a more natural tendency to make the smart pass or drive and pull-up for a mid-range J than Tatum. Because he's less reliant on ISO's and he allows the play to run and knows where to go off the ball makes me think he's great with his X's and O's/ bball IQ. Because of this, i feel his fit with the Spurs will be seamless and opposite of what happened with Lonnie.

Tatum has always had a tendency to drive and get the bump and foul. His handle is a lot more advanced now than his earlier years. Lets not forget the dude trained with Kobe and that probably helped a lot with his development.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...--jayson-tatum

Similar numbers across the board. Not too shabby considering Pat wasnt a focal point of the offense and Tatum was.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-20-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah yes, the dynamic duo of Aldridge and Love. We stacked
    Starting the Gay Love era in SA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs land a top 5 pick, shop the pick to trade down and add more draft capital in the upcoming years.

I love Vassell.

Like Patrick Williams and Precious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs land a top 5 pick, shop the pick to trade down and add more draft capital in the upcoming years.

I love Vassell.

If they trade down for two picks,

Patrick Williams and Isaiah Stewart would be my dream draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I love Vassell.

Top 4. It’s impossible for them to land at #5. They can pick 1-4,11-14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm warming up more and more to the idea of getting Patrick Williams. Like I said on my previous list of favourites, the only reason I initially didn't have him as my number one was because he lacks lateral movement to be a 3 and D player, but I'm thinking " 3 and D", we are selecting higher than ever since getting Tim Duncan, we should be going for highest ceiling possible. I think that, at 11, Patrick Williams seems like the only plausible candidate with a high enough ceiling. Guys like Vassell and Bey might be safer picks, but they have no chance of being anything more than 3 and D guys. Nesmith is another guy I like that could be something more than a 3 and D guy, and the other is Pokusevski, but he seems to be a long 2 or 3 years away from being playable and at 11 might be a bit of reach.

So, as of right now, if we are picking 11, my personal list would go:

1- Patrick Williams
    2-Aaron Nesmith
    3-Devin Vasseell
    4-Saddiq Bey
    5-Aleksej Pokusevski

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm warming up more and more to the idea of getting Patrick Williams. Like I said on my previous list of favourites, the only reason I initially didn't have him as my number one was because he lacks lateral movement to be a 3 and D player, but I'm thinking " 3 and D", we are selecting higher than ever since getting Tim Duncan, we should be going for highest ceiling possible. I think that, at 11, Patrick Williams seems like the only plausible candidate with a high enough ceiling. Guys like Vassell and Bey might be safer picks, but they have no chance of being anything more than 3 and D guys. Nesmith is another guy I like that could be something more than a 3 and D guy, and the other is Pokusevski, but he seems to be a long 2 or 3 years away from being playable and at 11 might be a bit of reach.

So, as of right now, if we are picking 11, my personal list would go:

1- Patrick Williams
    2-Aaron Nesmith
    3-Devin Vasseell
    4-Saddiq Bey
    5-Aleksej Pokusevski
    I agree on the top 2.... I like tbe others too but a little than 12...if we ended up 15-20 range through some type of trade I like those names.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the folks who like Achuiwa I feel we could get a similar player in the 2nd round or Un-drafted in Mamadi Diakite out of University of Virginia.

The big differences between them is Achuiwa is 2 years younger And Diakite is the better shooter by a long shot. Both guys are around the same height (Achuiwa might be a bit taller), size, and have similar wingspan. Diakite and Achuiwa both are high energy and defensively versatile players.

I believe Achuiwa has played more like a 5 while Diakite is more a 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the folks who like Achuiwa I feel we could get a similar player in the 2nd round or Un-drafted in Mamadi Diakite out of University of Virginia.

The big differences between them is Achuiwa is 2 years younger And Diakite is the better shooter by a long shot. Both guys are around the same height (Achuiwa might be a bit taller), size, and have similar wingspan. Diakite and Achuiwa both are high energy and defensively versatile players.

I believe Achuiwa has played more like a 5 while Diakite is more a 4
    that name man. I dont even want to try and pronounce it

You made it up, didnt you. Trying to with us...haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An international scout has been telling me for months that Deni is way overhyped. He says Israel is so desperate for a star that his team is doing everything possible to artificially boost his stock. For example, supposedly his Israeli League MVP was BS.

I'm still working through Deni's tape but I've been pretty whelmed so far. Good size, straight ahead speed, ballhandling and some craft but I haven't come across much depth yet. A perimeter player with low shooting percentages and no real ability to beat defenders in isolation? Meh. I haven't seen his most recent footage yet though so maybe it's in there...
    I seen the exact same stuff about Deni and the Israeli league propping him up also from different sources. I even stated as such in this thread.

I think he can be an okay player but he is being a tad bit overhyped due to this draft being looked at as being weak and the success of Doncic in the NBA. The thing the media is overlooking is Doncic played and dominated the 2nd best basketball league in the world before getting drafted to the NBA while Deni won a championship in a weaker league and just started getting consistent minutes in the Euroleague before the pandemic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Double post

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just pick someone that won't jump ship after their first contact is up and after the Spurs have heavily invested in them because they want to play in a bigger market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

San Antonio Spurs
    spurs
    1m
    It's here! How y'all feeling, #SpursFamily? #NBADraftLottery 7:30pm CT ESPN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all got to remember that Williams was playing like 3rd or 4th fiddle on his team. No telling what he could’ve done if he was the #1 option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all got to remember that Williams was playing like 3rd or 4th fiddle on his team. No telling what he could’ve done if he was the #1 option.
    Yeah, like I said earlier, they had an 11 man rotation with ball movement as an emphasis for its offensive scheme. No player averaged more than 12.7 ppg on that roster. Whereas on Tatum's Duke team there were three players over 14.5 ppg.

Pat's team was playing full court press. Since it was an 11 man rotation, each player had to give it their all on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be pretty hilarious if spurs ended up with the #1 pick in a weak draft

What happened to wiseman? Noticed he is not getting much talk for a pick in the 1 to 4 range for us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman scares me he only played in 3 games so he is either going to be an All Star or out of the League in 3 to 6 years.

But in all honesty I don’t care who they draft they just can’t be an idiot and they gotta have heart I want someone who loves the game and is willing to fight and won’t back down.
    Last edited by BackHome; 08-20-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Thread Information