Page 49 of 115 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

San Antonio Spurs
    spurs
    44m
    Tomorrow will be our first time in the #NBADraftLottery in 22 years! #GoSpursGo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is why I'll give the benefit of the doubt that the Spurs braintrust will get the best player we can. Remembering of course that haven't drafted higher than MOTHER ING 19th in the last 23 years. With the average being 25th or beyond for Timmy's tenure.

When you step back and think about it, that's just awe-inspiring that the Spurs got the players they have from where the pick. And it has already continued with DWhite, and Keldon, and potentially with DJ, Lonnie, and Luka. we may have even found solid bench guys that stick around for years, recently in Witherspoon and Eubanks, LATE in the second round.

Point being, I have full faith that PATFO gets the guy that not only furthers the Spurs way and Spurs culture but that helps us win for the next decade and beyond, whether it's a center, PF, SF, SG, or even a PG.

It's gonna happen.
    For sure.

If the Spurs draft Devin ing Vessell (which I highly doubt they will) then I'll put my ego aside and have a slither of hope that there is something in the guy that's worth it. The Spurs have earned more than enough trust from fans that they know how to draft players *more often than not*.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon's latest draft sim

Tankathon.com @tankathon
    1h
    Official sim of the day. Lottery is tomorrow! Pistons win for the second day in a row. Then 2-4 Hawks, Cavs, Spurs. tankathon.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tankathon.com @tankathon
    1h
    Official sim of the day. Lottery is tomorrow! Pistons win for the second day in a row. Then 2-4 Hawks, Cavs, Spurs. tankathon.com
    Lock it in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isaac Okoro, Aaron Nesmith, & Patrick Williams are my favorite prospects right now that could potentially be available at 11.

Okoro will likely be gone and Williams is shooting up draft boards right now and I think he’ll be gone by the time we pick when it’s all said and done. Nesmith could fall right into our laps, though he does have that lingering foot injury.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 08-19-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't done a huge amount of research into the draft yet (even though I did just read the last 20 pages of this thread). Are there any websites that have the prospects divided into tiers? (franchise, all-star, solid starter, role player...)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't done a huge amount of research into the draft yet (even though I did just read the last 20 pages of this thread). Are there any websites that have the prospects divided into tiers? (franchise, all-star, solid starter, role player...)
    Watch each prospect on your own. Trust your own eyes. Not these websites. You still have an advantage, youre still a blank slate. These websites will form unnecessary biases in your head. Dont do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Isaiah Stewart's swarming defense on projected SF/PF Tyler Bey starting at 2:10

Also Stewart overpowering Onyeke Okongwu at 4:06

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Tankathon.com @tankathon
    1h
    i said the spurs would land #4 last week...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

11. San Antonio Spurs:
    Saddiq Bey (Villanova, SF/PF, Sop re)

The draft class gets cloudy outside the top 8-10, so the Spurs may go with a player they can bank on. The 6'8", 216-pound Bey just shot 45.1 percent from three and offers off-ball shot-making versatility that seems guaranteed to translate.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-predictions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubs are gonna get the first overall pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubs are gonna get the first overall pick.
    It’s funny, but I run the tankathon simulator from time to time, and probably 15% of the time, GS gets pushed out of the top 4 to pick at 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have the Spurs getting the 1st pick by the 2nd or 3rd try every time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah some crazy mock drafts are coming out some guys moving up and some moving down. I am thinking if we stay at 11 we have a possibility to get Isaac Okoro, Killian Hayes, or Onyeka Okongwu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah some crazy mock drafts are coming out some guys moving up and some moving down. I am thinking if we stay at 11 we have a possibility to get Isaac Okoro, Killian Hayes, or Onyeka Okongwu.
    Literally all those 3 will be gone at 11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of stuff will change between now and the actual draft. Happens every year. Even the final mockS won’t be very close to what happens on draft night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People thought that about Clarke lasyyear at about this point in the process. They also thought he had a 7 foot wingspan, and when it measured out at 6’8.25”, he dropped like a rock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of stuff will change between now and the actual draft. Happens every year. Even the final mockS won’t be very close to what happens on draft night.
    Exactly. I keep preaching this. Just because theyre being projected as top 10 doesnt mean theyll be top 10 in a few years. These mock drafts are unreliable. Form your own opinion. Think outside the box.

The likely reason the Spurs are so successful selecting the right players is they don't follow where the wind blows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For reference:

(I think it takes year 3 to understand what trajectory the player is heading)

Only two players of the top 10 in the 2017 are looking like stars.

Five out of the top 10 in 2016 are looking like borderline stars/ stars

3 out of 10 in 2015 are stars.

Keep this in perspective.

Theres a greater chance your Okoros, your Okongwus, , even your Deni's (but I doubt it) will bust. Watch as many videos as you can! Who LOOKS like they can be successful in the NBA? Don't fall for these mock drafts!

LOOK AT ALL THE PLAYERS. Even the ones projected to be drafted last in the first round.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-19-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny, but I run the tankathon simulator from time to time, and probably 15% of the time, GS gets pushed out of the top 4 to pick at 5.
    According to Tankathon, GS's chance of picking at #5 is 47.9%. You might be seeing unusually good luck for GS.
    http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for s and giggles I ran the lottery sim until the Spurs got a top 4 pick, then again until they got #1. It took 11 tries to get into the top 4 (at #4) and 2 more to get #1.

The next attempt get pick #3 on the 5th try, #4 on the 8th try, and #1 on the 38th try. I didn't pay attention to whether the Spurs got #11 or #12 though, I was only looking at the top 4. It was funny to see NO win the lottery twice in a row at one point.

Not that it means anything, though. The odds are clearly listed and the draw will only happen once.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see them going with Nesmith.

Vassell and Bey project as spot up types, which is fine, but this team needs dynamic shooting and an off movement one can be an offense unto themselves, while providing a secondary source of play making by warping the opposing defense. Also, unlike most of those types, he has decent enough physical tools to be a non liability defender. As an added bonus, he'd spell the end of Forbes.

Sure, he'd be another 2.5 as opposed to the more needed 3.5, but Bey will probably struggle to defend the overpowering big wings anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for s and giggles I ran the lottery sim until the Spurs got a top 4 pick, then again until they got #1. It took 11 tries to get into the top 4 (at #4) and 2 more to get #1.

The next attempt get pick #3 on the 5th try, #4 on the 8th try, and #1 on the 38th try. I didn't pay attention to whether the Spurs got #11 or #12 though, I was only looking at the top 4. It was funny to see NO win the lottery twice in a row at one point.

Not that it means anything, though. The odds are clearly listed and the draw will only happen once.
    Yep. It's fun to dream, but it's basically like trying to roll doubles to get out of jail in Monopoly.

We'll get one shot at it and 9% isn't anything to take to Vegas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Okoro, not the other two . . .

Probably . . .

People thought that about Clarke last year at about this point in the process. They also thought he had a 7 foot wingspan, and when it measured out at 6’8.25”, he dropped like a rock.
    Unfortunately, no measurements this year . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am staying up past 3:30 AM here just to watch a draft lottery. Man, I'm lame sometimes....

Thread Information