Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115
Results 2,851 to 2,866 of 2866
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a direct response to someone saying Poku is 3 or 4 years away, as if that's a shortcoming for the youngest player in the draft.
    It's not normal for draft picks to be three or four years away, even when they're 18. I actually agree with DAF86 than if he's good, he'll show it way before then. But what I don't agree with is comparing him to another prospect who has nothing to do with him as an attempt to justify waiting.

And talk about a silly obsession-- Poku himself says his nickname is Poku, his teammates and his coach called him Poku, and his Instagram account is called Poku20... You're literally the only person who calls him Poke, because you thinks it's a clever dig.
    Wait, how is that a dig? Is poke a slur or even an insult in some culture I don't know about. I call Poeltl 'Poe' and Samanic 'Sam' too. , I called Cunningham 'Cun', much to the dismay of multiple Spurs posters. None of those abbreviations and the many others I use are meant to be insults. I also don't really care about using approved abbreviations or nicknames. , I call Toppin Obitops (haven't on this forum yet, but it'll come if SA drafts him). I'm gonna chalk up your offense to some factor of word "poke" than I don't know. Otherwise, it seems like you're just showing your oversensitivity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ageism. People are obsessed with potential when you're a young age.
    Exactly people want to make it seem like folks improve mainly due to aging when in reality exposure to coaching, specifically high-level coaching is what determines a developmental curve. Toppin is basically the same age as Hachimura, and I've yet to hear anyone talk about how Rui is a finished product despite the dude having a year of actual NBA coaching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly people want to make it seem like folks improve mainly due to aging when in reality exposure to coaching, specifically high-level coaching is what determines a developmental curve. Toppin is basically the same age as Hachimura, and I've yet to hear anyone talk about how Rui is a finished product despite the dude having a year of actual NBA coaching
    Don't forget being a late bloomer is a factor in this too. See: Timmy, D White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget being a late bloomer is a factor in this too. See: Timmy, D White.
    How exactly was Timmy a late bloomer?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statistically younger players do better in the NBA than older counterparts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How exactly was Timmy a late bloomer?
    He didn't start basketball until he was in 9th grade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't start basketball until he was in 9th grade.
    And he was pretty much the consensus #1 pick by the time he started his sop re year in college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he was pretty much the consensus #1 pick by the time he started his sop re year in college.
    I'm simply answering your question on why he is a late bloomer lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And while Duncan was a 4 year guy he finished college at age 21.

I seem to remember Street & Smith or Sporting News mocking him in their pre-season rag as the #1 guy when he was 19.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Porzingis doesn't have Pokusevski playmaking skills nor overall impact on the defensive end.

How much have you seen of Pokusevski to say it is a hipster pick? What makes choosing him a hipster move over picking anyone else? That he didn't play college ball?
    Hipster pick meaning a guy no one's ever scouted seriously and can't assess whether he's a good investment because hardly anyone ever looked closely and hardly anyone ever knows how his game translates in a more physical league. How does college ball even factor in? It's always going to be a crap shoot. How many Ginobilis, Jokics turn out to be bona fide stars? Have you counted? For every Ginobili and a Nikola Jokic you also have Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Zarko Cabarkapa, Marko Todorovic, Viktor Khryapa, Sergei Monya, Yaroslav Korolev, etc etc.

The draft is what it is. It's always going to be a crap shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hipster pick meaning a guy no one's ever scouted seriously and can't assess whether he's a good investment because hardly anyone ever looked closely and hardly anyone ever knows how his game translates in a more physical league. How does college ball even factor in? It's always going to be a crap shoot. How many Ginobilis, Jokics turn out to be bona fide stars? Have you counted? For every Ginobili and a Nikola Jokic you also have Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Zarko Cabarkapa, Marko Todorovic, Viktor Khryapa, Sergei Monya, Yaroslav Korolev, etc etc.

The draft is what it is. It's always going to be a crap shoot.
    I watched pretty much every game he played. They are all on Youtube. Chances are every GM in the league did the same, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's no trade will happen involving picks, I kinda liked the idea of drafting Saddiq Bey instead of Patrick Williams or any prospect who will be a project for the 11th pick. He seems a safe pick to compliment the Spurs' young cores since he has the potential to be a solid role-player like Robert Covington.
    They could just skip this draft hoping for their next big star potential because this draft is so weak that I'm not even not sold with Anthony Edwards or James Wiseman to be a star, I could see Lamelo Ball succeeds tho.

Spurs should just focus complimenting their young cores and focus themselves in 2021 draft and off-season - no need to rush.
    It could be fluke tho but he's one of my player for the last 2 season in NBA Fantasy but I dropped him earlier this season. F me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could be fluke tho but he's one of my player for the last 2 season in NBA Fantasy but I dropped him earlier this season. F me.

He shoots the 3 at a decent % on volume. 51 pts on all shots is impressive and they weren’t just open looks. He looked like Klay out there. There isn’t a single player on our roster who could do what he did tonight.

Thread Information