Page 1 of 115 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let DeMar walk. Trade Murray for Kelly Oubre JR. Then with th 11th pick if RJ Hampton is there still run to the podium and take him. Then use the MLE to sign Joe Harris. a line up of White, Harris, Oubre Jr, Lyles and Aldridge could get you back into the playoffs while also rebuilding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a horrible idea

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a horrible idea
    People just focus on the DeMar aspect but I think getting rid of Murray would make the team better as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was finally starting to consistently play well at both ends before his injury and he's also locked in on a team friendly deal, so you want to trade him for a worse player on an expiring deal who will look to get paid twice as much (or will also walk for nothing)? Ok.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray was finally starting to consistently play well at both ends before his injury and he's also locked in on a team friendly deal, so you want to trade him for a worse player on an expiring deal who will look to get paid twice as much (or will also walk for nothing)? Ok.
    Wait since when is Oubre a worse player than Murray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait since when is Oubre a worse player than Murray?
    Worse defender, worse 3-pt shooter (worse overall FG% when it comes down to it), worse playmaker (which is crazy when you consider how mediocre Murray has been running the offense), and worse in just about every advanced metric. He averages more PPG though !!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason you move Dijon is if you believe he is injury prone PLUS you find a GM who believes he isn't and gives you great value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's repeat it takes one year of compe ion for a guy coming back from ACL injury to (eventually) get back to former self. If Covid-19 doesn't kill us all, Murray should have a better season next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's repeat it takes one year of compe ion for a guy coming back from ACL injury to (eventually) get back to former self. If Covid-19 doesn't kill us all, Murray should have a better season next year.
    I just wish he hadn't had the leg injury that shut him down at the end of this truncated season. He showed excellent improvement in his shooting across the board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just wish he hadn't had the leg injury that shut him down at the end of this truncated season. He showed excellent improvement in his shooting across the board.

He and lyles seemed to be putting it together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade White to move up and try and draft Deni or trade White for another lottery pick and take Hampton with one of those picks.

White will be 26 in the off-season and his ceiling seems to be a good starter-above average bench player. Hampton is 19 and could develop into a star for the Spurs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oubre is going to be on a 1 year deal before he enters free agency where he could command a contract higher than dejounte's. If anything I'd trade Aldridge to move up and draft ongweku or whatever his name is. Or at least trade rudy to move up 2 or 3 spots. And get toppin or avdija

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oubre is going to be on a 1 year deal before he enters free agency where he could command a contract higher than dejounte's. If anything I'd trade Aldridge to move up and draft ongweku or whatever his name is. Or at least trade rudy to move up 2 or 3 spots. And get toppin or avdija
    Hum... we need to talk, bruh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let DeMar walk. Trade Murray for Kelly Oubre JR. Then with th 11th pick if RJ Hampton is there still run to the podium and take him. Then use the MLE to sign Joe Harris. a line up of White, Harris, Oubre Jr, Lyles and Aldridge could get you back into the playoffs while also rebuilding.
    Pretty sure Joe Harris is worth more than the MLE.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo murray is worth more than oubre jr

but overall i like much more this lineup than we have now

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, most players are expendable

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hum... we need to talk, bruh.

A little too optimistic. I know ha

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't hate Hampton. I'm not sure I would spend the 11 pick on him, but this draft is going to be more of a crap shoot than ever. I don't like his at ude very much, and he coughs the ball up a LOT. And one of these days I would love it if the Spurs would have a point guard who is a point guard, and not a combo guard. Hampton is pretty lightweight to be facing NBA compe ion, and he's going to get pushed around a lot until he bulks up. But he's a good setup man. That's sort of wasted if Pop is going to keep the team ISO heavy.

I don't get the Oubre trade. I agree that Oubre is a more polished player right now, but Murray is pretty much where Oubre was at this point in his career, and that's after a year off for injury. More to the point, compare Murray's first year back after injury to Oubre's first year back after injury - Murray is better hands-down. Regardless of what some people here say, Murray is a better defender and a MUCH better rebounder. When you add up net impact, I would take third year Murray over third year Oubre. And Oubre is expiring next year. If he has a good year, you have to pay him, or he walks for nothing. I think the Spurs have to go with the investment they've made in Murray. If he comes along the same way Oubre did, and expect his second year post-injury to be great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Pop has been fooling us all along and will do a sign and trade of Forbes and played him so much as to give him some sort of value in a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wherever we draft, take the best available talent. We have a lot of rebuilding to do yet. If we get a super great pick at Guard, take it and trade off one of ours. We have plenty. And anyone is on the bubble as bait to move up in the draft to get a can't miss superstar potential.

No one is untradeable on this team from my standpoint. From outsider GMs stanpoint they might think several of our players are untradeable --to them. We have some players that a lot of us wouldn't miss if they were traded, but they have to have some value to the other team above the run of the mill bench player.

Not many of us on ST are reliable peudo-GMs in proposing trades. A trade that meets technical requirement on a trading program doesn't make it a desirable deal for both teams.

As a practical matter you have to keep LMA as our only reliable big-- unless we can work a deal to draft a potential superstar big, ready to start in the NBA. Could happen. Happened before. Or maybe Portland comes up with a great offer to make his return easy. Personally, despite the hype about emotional reunions, I don't know that anyone cares about it except LMA and Lilliard. The NBA is like the mighty Mississippi, it just keeps rolling along. Unless you try to completely crash the team, he is a pretty good player to keep for the transition.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, most players are expendable
    Yeah, if you can help it, you pay the as close to the salary floor as possible, unless you are really a contender. Most of the all-star calibre players are NOT franchise difference makers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since this is an IF thread, who do you see us picking if we get:
    Pick #1?

If we draw pick#2?

If we draw pick #3?

If we draw pick #4?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1 & 2 trade down