Page 95 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2866
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With Kira getting looks in the top 10 I think there's a chance Killian Hayes drop to us. The only guard interviewed by the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think the top 10 could be really PG heavy between Ball, Hayes, Haliburton, Kira Lewis, and Tyrell Terry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is now 20 days until the draft.

'nuff said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Draft rumors

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...mpression=true

No mention about the Spurs, but still interesting nonetheless

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Draft rumors

When I get from reading that is.....some real good prospects are going to fall as lottery teams reach...

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Draft rumors

I'm not a fan of Kira Lewis, but I have to admit that's impressive: "The pandemic interrupted Lewis' most impressive stretch at Alabama, where he averaged 23.2 points and 6.7 assists while shooting 46.3 percent from three over his final nine games. " I saw him play against Auburn late in the season, and he barely reached double digits scoring, but it was part of a triple double.

My problem with him is that he's such a lightweight, and he has sort of the same mentality as Harden. Not saying he's going to be another Harden, or even close. Just the same mindset. But I don't think he has the frame to put on strength like Harden, so he's going to get eaten alive between the 3P line and the rim in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan of Kira Lewis, but I have to admit that's impressive: "The pandemic interrupted Lewis' most impressive stretch at Alabama, where he averaged 23.2 points and 6.7 assists while shooting 46.3 percent from three over his final nine games. " I saw him play against Auburn late in the season, and he barely reached double digits scoring, but it was part of a triple double.

My problem with him is that he's such a lightweight, and he has sort of the same mentality as Harden. Not saying he's going to be another Harden, or even close. Just the same mindset. But I don't think he has the frame to put on strength like Harden, so he's going to get eaten alive between the 3P line and the rim in the NBA.
    I am worried about that as well. But still, he could get some muscle to take the bumps and it would be nice to have a guard that can constantly beat his man off the dribble and create for himself and others. As far as defense goes, yeah he's going to get torched in many welcome to the NBA moments by star point guards, but he looks like he has fight in him and it can only help his growth if we develop him right...

Which is another thing I'm worried about. Pop hasn't shown he knows how to develop PGs. Every coach has a weakness (Bill Bellicheat can't spot WR talent) but I believe Pop's weakness is developing point guards. I know we had Tony Parker and he was a hall of famer and blah blah blah, but in many ways Pop played against Tony's strengths for most of Tony's career. Say what you want but before 2014 Patty Mills, we were struggling mightily for back up point guards bc Pop couldn't develop them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Didn\t we worry that Tony Parker was going to get creamed down low amonst the Big Boys. Somehow some guards learn to live with their light muscle tone and survive. Not comparing him to Tony, but small guys are worth a shot if they have talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn\t we worry that Tony Parker was going to get creamed down low amonst the Big Boys. Somehow some guards learn to live with their light muscle tone and survive. Not comparing him to Tony, but small guys are worth a shot if they have talent.

Yah, I hear you. I can't help thinking of him as one of those guys who puts up numbers and loses games. I should probably have something stronger than poor decision making, a high turnover rate, and a hunch to back it up. But that's it. I'm not a believer. I should probably just keep it to myself, because I don't think the Spurs are going to take him at 11, and he won't be there at 41.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yah, I hear you. I can't help thinking of him as one of those guys who puts up numbers and loses games. I should probably have something stronger than poor decision making, a high turnover rate, and a hunch to back it up. But that's it. I'm not a believer. I should probably just keep it to myself, because I don't think the Spurs are going to take him at 11, and he won't be there at 41.
    I think he’s gone by 11 now anyway. Think at the very latest it’s 10 to the Suns. Just curious Zeus, who do you want and who do you think Spurs take at 11?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am worried about that as well. But still, he could get some muscle to take the bumps and it would be nice to have a guard that can constantly beat his man off the dribble and create for himself and others. As far as defense goes, yeah he's going to get torched in many welcome to the NBA moments by star point guards, but he looks like he has fight in him and it can only help his growth if we develop him right...

Which is another thing I'm worried about. Pop hasn't shown he knows how to develop PGs. Every coach has a weakness (Bill Bellicheat can't spot WR talent) but I believe Pop's weakness is developing point guards. I know we had Tony Parker and he was a hall of famer and blah blah blah, but in many ways Pop played against Tony's strengths for most of Tony's career. Say what you want but before 2014 Patty Mills, we were struggling mightily for back up point guards bc Pop couldn't develop them
    You forgot George Hill?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot George Hill?
    The dude who air balled the game winning 3 against Memphis? Or got lit up by Dragic? Nope. I have never forgotten that bum

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude who air balled the game winning 3 against Memphis? Or got lit up by Dragic? Nope. I have never forgotten that bum
    Ok... Do you hate every player on the spurs? Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was good enough to trade for an almost lottery pick and another pick to boot. History remembers otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok... Do you hate every player on the spurs? Lol
    tbh I am finding it harder and harder to like my team. I loved Sean and David and of course the Big 3. Tim is my fav player of all time with Manu and Tony right behind. 2014 was just an incredible year. But I always hated George Hill. Might've been bc they were talking so much about Tony and saying they should trade my man TP, but I remember judging Hill very harshly bc of that. We lost to Dallas in 09. We were embarrassed by the Suns in a sweep in 10, especially Hill who couldn't guard anyone nor produce offensively, but I remember thinking, okay now that Hill has the playoff experiences he will take that next step. Pop and everybody loves him so obviously it's me who is in the wrong... Then he airballed that game winner in game 1 against Memphis.

Now idgaf if a player misses a game winner. I don't expect them to make the shot every time or something ridiculous like that, but you can't AIRBALL a game winner. That showed me right then and there he would always be small time and could never be trusted in the clutch (see 2018 Cavs missed free throw) and when we traded him for Kawhi I was beyond ecstatic. So yeah I'm anti-George hill as a Spur but obviously very pro George Hill as far as what he got us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With this news, it will be easy to tell which 10 prospects the Spurs bring in because of social media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With this news, it will be easy to tell which 10 prospects the Spurs bring in because of social media.
    They aren’t talking about prospects. You never do practices of ten at a time. They’re talking about NBA players under contract to you team. Practice starts early this year. Makes me think the NBA will start on Christmas if they’re opening the NBA facilities already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad. Kawhi type measurements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad. Kawhi type measurements.
    His defensive potential is tantalizing. We’d need a late 1st to get him most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s gone by 11 now anyway. Think at the very latest it’s 10 to the Suns. Just curious Zeus, who do you want and who do you think Spurs take at 11?

Unlike most people here, I think (know) that who to pick has to be somewhat roster-dependent. We have to make our picks in a vacuum, not knowing what the Spurs overall strategy is - especially for DDR, LMA, and a couple of the young guys that might be part of a trade.

For this roster, my first choice was Saddiq Bey. I think he'll be a better defender than some people give him credit for, and he can stroke the 3. If they're going to have a true youth movement, he would be a good one to put into the mix.

I wanted Tyrese Haliburton back when he was projected in the 20's. Now it seems like nearly everyone has him in the top 8 or so. (If you were to look at my picks last year before the NCAA Tournament, you would see several guys that were projected as late 1st round picks, who moved up into the lottery.) The same goes for Killian Hayes.

I would take Tre Jones over a lot of the players who are being discussed. He's a bulldog on defense, and he would help keep the offense flowing, and avoid those spells where this team looks like the Washington Generals. He's a net + for this team, right out of the box.

They can't all get picked 1-10, and I would settle for Okongwu or Avdija, if either fell that far. I have reservations about both, but they're probably good values at 11.

Patrick Williams looks like someone that Pop would normally put in Austin for most of his rookie season. Kind of hard to get excited about that, with the best draft pick the Spurs have had in... forever. I feel the same way about Vassell, and that's assuming that the stories about him ing up his stroke are wrong - without a killer 3P shot, he's a second round pick. If the Spurs picked either one of those, I wouldn't cry. But I would brace for another season like the last one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Some serious springs there. That's better than Lecque last year, and he was pretty freakish.

For those who didn't watch them, and just look at Tyler's 3P%, don't start thinking that he's a better value pick than his brother. Tyler only took around 30 3P shots last season, where Saddiq took somewhere around 170-180. Saddiq can stand out beyond the arc and make it rain. That will bend a defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These numbers were taken in August 2019.

The height measurements were taken without shoes. So what you expect their NBA height listing will be is to add one inch to these numbers.

The height is pretty accurate as far as what I can tell. They match the couple of combine results we have seen reported thus far.

I would not expect the weight to be accurate, as it was taken a year ago.

The wingspan is off by 1" give or take. For example, Udoka's wingspan is 7'8" here, but recently was reported as 7'7.25". Tyler Bey's wingspan is 7' here, but recently reported as 7'1.25". So the wingspan list is off by -1"/+1".

My notes:
    -Toppin has a short wingspan yikes
    -Desmond with a 6'4" wingspan
    Last edited by Dejounte; 10-31-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Thread Information