Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    What amazes, it’s the finesse while running at unbelievable speed. Besides a great finisher too. One leg over the ball, then the other, then starts running and is gone. All in a fluid sequence.

Arguing who’s better between Messi or Ronaldo, honestly isn’t a clear cut. I tend to think Ronaldo is better, because how do you guard a player that runs so fast and jumps so high. Besides he’s very strong and not easy to tackle. Ronaldo is the better finisher. And strong mentally. Messi while arguably more skilled, tends to play worse, sometimes completely disappears in difficult games, the only exception being the clásicos, that not always define anything.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    What amazes, it’s the finesse while running at unbelievable speed. Besides a great finisher too. One leg over the ball, then the other, then starts running and is gone. All in a fluid sequence.

Arguing who’s better between Messi or Ronaldo, honestly isn’t a clear cut. I tend to think Ronaldo is better, because how do you guard a player that runs so fast and jumps so high. Besides he’s very strong and not easy to tackle. Ronaldo is the better finisher. And strong mentally. Messi while arguably more skilled, tends to play worse, sometimes completely disappears in difficult games, the only exception being the clásicos, that not always define anything.
    Yeah, "exception".

That last one isn't updated but you get the point.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    ...wasn't this thread about fat Ronaldo

Can't even blame COVID-19 for this derail, tbh

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    ...wasn't this thread about fat Ronaldo

Can't even blame COVID-19 for this derail, tbh
    My bad son. I've been so bored that I've been stirring up everywhere.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    BTW, go to the Brees thread and explain why Rodgers is better.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    BTW, go to the Brees thread and explain why Rodgers is better.
    James Harden with a ring tbh

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

Messi is easily much harder to defend than Ronaldo. Ronaldo always had the luxury of his teammate stepping up in the biggest games (like a majority of the finals ronaldo completely dissapeared in). Ronaldo is the luckiest player in football history. He's amazing no doubt, but Messi is in-arguably the better player. His playmaking annihilates Ronaldo and he's just as good of a goal scorer.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Messi is easily much harder to defend than Ronaldo. Ronaldo always had the luxury of his teammate stepping up in the biggest games (like a majority of the finals ronaldo completely dissapeared in). Ronaldo is the luckiest player in football history. He's amazing no doubt, but Messi is in-arguably the better player. His playmaking annihilates Ronaldo and he's just as good of a goal scorer.
    0-4 record in finals for Argentina with 0 goals in said finals. Looks to me like Lionel Harden is pretty easy to defend imho

If Ronaldo is being carried by his teammates in finals, midget's carried throughout entire knockout stages. See 14 WC and 19 CA where midget was non-existent in the KO stage.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 04-08-2020 at 08:33 PM.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    0-4 record in finals for Argentina with 0 goals in said finals. Looks to me like Lionel Harden is pretty easy to defend imho

If Ronaldo is being carried by his teammates in finals, midget's carried throughout entire knockout stages. See 14 WC and 19 CA where midget was non-existent in the KO stage.
    And yet midget was still winning player of the tournaments

If midget missed a crucial game Argentina get pummeled. Ronaldo’s last ten games he’s missed for Portugal have yet to lose a SINGLE time.

Argentina without Messi don’t even qualify for the World Cup. Portugal without ronaldo are still a fantastic team.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    And yet midget was still winning player of the tournaments

If midget missed a crucial game Argentina get pummeled. Ronaldo’s last ten games he’s missed for Portugal have yet to lose a SINGLE time.

Argentina without Messi don’t even qualify for the World Cup. Portugal without ronaldo are still a fantastic team.
    Talking out of your ass, as usual

Argentina is simply more stacked than Portugal and midget's teammates have a far better goal output than Ronaldo's teammates. Which allows midget to disappear throughout entire knockout stages and still comfortably make finals and semis on a regular basis.

Ronaldo had 3 goals and 3 assists when Portugal made the Euro 16 final. Argentina made the Copa America 19 semi-final with midget scoring 1 penalty in the group stage and having 0 assists

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Talking out of your ass, as usual

Argentina is simply more stacked than Portugal and midget's teammates have a far better goal output than Ronaldo's teammates. Which allows midget to disappear throughout entire knockout stages and still comfortably make finals and semis on a regular basis.

Ronaldo had 3 goals and 3 assists when Portugal made the Euro 16 final. Argentina made the Copa America 19 semi-final with midget scoring 1 penalty in the group stage and having 0 assists

Being more stacked doesn’t make you the better team, don’t get how you’re so dense.

If Argentina are so stacked why are they beyond awful when Messi doesn’t play for them? Portugal sans ronaldo is still a much much better team than Argentina without Messi.

Imagine being a cheerleader on the sidelines and your team
    Doesn’t even need you. Being an absolute passenger also in nations league final but other players still step up. Bernardo Silva does more for Portugal than any non Messi player has done for Argentina in the last 3-4 years

Portugal is a much better team than Argentina.

Portugal’s euro run was one of the jammiest in euro history. Not one win in 90 minutes. Ironic Ronaldo was salty about Iceland having a “small team mentality” when Portugal were absolutely atrocious to watch especially in the knockout stages.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    With all this talk about playing better when it really matters from Sidenaldo's guzzlers, one would think that the one with a WC Golden Ball was Sidenaldo, not Messi.

With all this talk about playing better when it really matters from Sidenaldo's guzzlers, one would think that the one with a WC Golden Ball was Sidenaldo, not Messi.
    Lol at thinking Messi deserved that award.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Being more stacked doesn’t make you the better team, don’t get how you’re so dense.

If Argentina are so stacked why are they beyond awful when Messi doesn’t play for them? Portugal sans ronaldo is still a much much better team than Argentina without Messi.

Imagine being a cheerleader on the sidelines and your team
    Doesn’t even need you. Being an absolute passenger also in nations league final but other players still step up. Bernardo Silva does more for Portugal than any non Messi player has done for Argentina in the last 3-4 years

Portugal is a much better team than Argentina.

Portugal’s euro run was one of the jammiest in euro history. Not one win in 90 minutes. Ironic Ronaldo was salty about Iceland having a “small team mentality” when Portugal were absolutely atrocious to watch especially in the knockout stages.
    Portugal was nowhere near as good as Argentina in 2016

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Portugal was nowhere near as good as Argentina in 2016
    They won a euro without Ronaldo

They were a hundred times better defensively. Even without Ronaldo they’ve yet to lose in ten straight matches

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    They won a euro without Ronaldo

They were a hundred times better defensively. Even without Ronaldo they’ve yet to lose in ten straight matches
    Portugal scored 9 goals in the Euro 2016, Ronaldo had 3 goals and 3 assists in the tournament, meaning he either scored or directly impacted 2/3 of Portugal's goals.

Only Lionel Harden has the luxury of having 0 production in the KO stage and still comfortably make finals because he's surrounded by scorers. Without Ronaldo's 3 goals and 3 assists Portugal doesn't make the final, they wouldn't have made it out of the group stage to begin with

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Portugal scored 9 goals in the Euro 2016, Ronaldo had 3 goals and 3 assists in the tournament, meaning he either scored or directly impacted 2/3 of Portugal's goals.

Only Lionel Harden has the luxury of having 0 production in the KO stage and still comfortably make finals because he's surrounded by scorers. Without Ronaldo's 3 goals and 3 assists Portugal doesn't make the final, they wouldn't have made it out of the group stage to begin with
    Messi surrounded by scorers? Wtf are you smoking?! How many goals did those “scorers” get? Portugal failed
    To win a SINGLE game within 90 minutes. Jammiest trophy in international history

Oh, and again, without Messi, they don’t get out of the group stage of the World Cup.

Meanwhile Ronaldo gets cucked by South American teams time and time again on the international stage

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Don't bother they wlll never understand

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Lol at thinking Messi deserved that award.

He deserved it enough as to get it, tbh. If Sidenaldo had come, at any point, as close as Messi to getting that award, he would have got it too. But he didn't, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Argentina in 2014 scored 8 goals in 7 games. Messi scored or assisted in 6 of those 8 goals. 75% of the goals.

Not to mention, although not actually getting the assist vs Belgium, he was the one that created the goal with a deep pass from behind midfield. So he had direct impact in 7 of the 8 goals.

"Luxury of having no production"
    "surrounded by scorers"
    your dumb argument getting on

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Don't bother they wlll never understand
    "They will never understand"
    balls slurping gone wrong

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    BTW, Portugal has one of the most stacked NT at the moment. Miles ahead of Argentina, starting from the coach. Just go ahead and compare the players, across all positions and seeing where each one plays.

He deserved it enough as to get it, tbh. If Sidenaldo had come, at any point, as close as Messi to getting that award, he would have got it too. But he didn't, tbh.
    erm.

He clearly didn't deserve it. He was very underwheling. Argentina was so ty offensively in that tournament, it was really the strenght of the their holding midfilders that glued the defense together.

But ok messi fanboy

Diego>>Messi

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    BTW, Portugal has one of the most stacked NT at the moment. Miles ahead of Argentina, starting from the coach. Just go ahead and compare the players, across all positions and seeing where each one plays.
    Not in 2016

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Bruno Fernandes, Felix and Bernardo Silva weren't on the portuguese squad at the Euro 2016.

Another thing, i like how midgetfans keep acting like the 2019 Copa America never happened. They just completely erased it from their memories FAP and Amused flat out ignore the subject every time i bring it up

Argentina made the semi-final and won the 3rd place game with Lionel Harden having 1 penalty and 0 assists in 6 games If that's not midget being carried by his teammates to a final/semi he had no business being in, i don't know what is

Thread Information