Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

Was actually past his prime when arrived to Real Madrid. His prime was at Barcelona and Inter, before injuries. Unbelievable skill, speed and definition. The best player of his generation, and there were quite a few great players during his playing time (Romario, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Figo, Rivaldo, just to name a few).

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Real Ronaldo.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Better than Messi tbh

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Better than Messi tbh
    Nop. But closer than fake ronaldo for sure.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    That's 5>4 and 1>0 talking.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Messi (or Cristiano Ronaldo) may have better career, but Ronaldo was the better player imo.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Ronaldinho > Ronaldo #9, Messi and Cristiano imho, had he stayed on track. On a technical level he was better than all the other 3.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Fat Ronaldo won 2 more WC than Missi tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Ronaldinho > Ronaldo #9, Messi and Cristiano imho, had he stayed on track. On a technical level he was better than all the other 3.
    most important stat is the 4-5year prime...if u can win eucl, wc, euro or copa...and ballons during that time span, hard to beat that peak

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    (Romario, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Figo, Rivaldo, just to name a few).
    figo...interesting name u put there with that group...didnt do outside of spain, couldnt win with portugal....

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    most important stat is the 4-5year prime...if u can win eucl, wc, euro or copa...and ballons during that time span, hard to beat that peak
    Messi's peak >>>>> Ronaldo's peak

Ronaldo had luxury of being an absolute ghost in some finals (2014, 2016, didn't play Euro final) and his teammates could finish the job without needing him to play well in a final.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Amused trying to rewrite history and failing miserably

Prime Ronaldo 3peat'ed in the CL and topped it off with the Euro. In that time span, he was the CL's top scorer for 5 straight seasons.

Lionel Harden spent his athletic prime winning only lol ligas and routinely choking leads in the CL and finals against Chile

If we're talking peaks, individual numbers + hardware during a player's athletic prime, it's Ronaldo>Midget and it's not even close.

Ronaldo's 2016/17 CL run, was the the most dominant performance i've ever seen by a single player in a top tier tournament.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Imagine trying to convince yourself than Sidenaldo > Messi

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Imagine trying to convince yourself than Sidenaldo > Messi
    Ronaldo's case is solified. His numbers and hardware speak for themselves.

You're one of those idiots that still thinks Rodgers>Brady because muh skillz and flashy passing Meanwhile Brady was the one staging playoff comebacks and coming up with clutch plays, much like Ronaldo.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Ronaldo's case is solified. His numbers and hardware speak for themselves.

You're one of those idiots that still thinks Rodgers>Brady because muh skillz and flashy passing Meanwhile Brady was the one staging playoff comebacks and coming up with clutch plays, much like Ronaldo.
    Yeah, as Messi's shadow forever. Just like everybody knows Lebron and Duncan > Kobe. Your favourite players aren't the best of their generation, just deal with it bro.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Yeah, as Messi's shadow forever. Just like everybody knows Lebron and Duncan > Kobe. Your favourite players aren't the best of their generation, just deal with it bro.
    Keep telling yourself that. Even some of your brethren is starting to see the light

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Keep telling yourself that. Even some of your brethren is starting to see the light

lol that same guy said Sidenaldo was a "media invention" after Sidenaldo went fishing in the group stage of the 2010 WC, after scoring just a pity goal in the 7-1 vs North Korea.

Let's just say he lets present results influence his opinion a little too much. Just for the record, Sidenaldo went back to being a glorified poacher in his opinion.

P/S: "Keep telling yourself that" . Dude, you know you are the one swimming against the tide here.

Messi = Giannis

Feast in the weak east and have great stats but has never won anything

Ronaldo = Kawhi

Minus the autist factor, Wins in whatever compe ion he enters with no stat padding?

Good comparison?
    lefty

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    lol that same guy said Sidenaldo was a "media invention" after Sidenaldo went fishing in the group stage of the 2010 WC, after scoring just a pity goal in the 7-1 vs North Korea.

Let's just say he lets present results influence his opinion a little too much. Just for the record, Sidenaldo went back to being a glorified poacher in his opinion.

P/S: "Keep telling yourself that" . Dude, you know you are the one swimming against the tide here.
    Let's face it, after a hot start, the 2nd half of midget's career has been extremely underwhelming. I'm sure in your head, you envisioned a lot more for midget (see midget will ring in Russia thread ) but your boy always failed to deliver on your expectations and made you settle for lol liga les instead

The subjective opinions of sports pundits is all you've got left at this point, because Ronaldo surpassed midget in meaningful hardware.

So you can have those opinions, i'll have what really matters:

5>4 and 1>0

Ronaldo>Harden

Let us proceed
    Last edited by Bynumite; 03-29-2020 at 08:36 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Let's face it, after a hot start, the 2nd half of midget's career has been extremely underwhelming. I'm sure in your head, you envisioned a lot more for midget (see midget will ring in Russia thread ) but your boy always failed to deliver on your expectations and made you settle for lol liga les instead

The subjective opinions of sports pundits is all you've got left at this point, because Ronaldo surpassed midget in meaningful hardware.

So you can have those opinions, i'll have what really matters:

5>4 and 1>0

Ronaldo>Harden

Let us proceed
    The ? He's only going to finish as the top scorer and assister of all time, as well as the winningest player of the two most prestigious individual awards: the goden ball and the Golden boot. Quite an underwhelming career second half he's had.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The ? He's only going to finish as the top scorer and assister of all time, as well as the winningest player of the two most prestigious individual awards: the goden ball and the Golden boot. Quite an underwhelming career second half he's had.

0-3 finals record for Argentina
    No goals or assists in 2 legs vs Juventus 16/17
    Blowing a 4-1 lead vs Roma 17/18
    Blowing a 3-0 lead vs Liverpool 18/19
    Scoring a single penalty and no assists in the 2019 edition of the Copa America
    One champions league trophy in 9 seasons

That is an underwhelming 2nd half of midget's career, to say the least. Only delusional midgetfans would say that is not below expectations, specially for the so called GOAT

and you're out of your mind if you think Ronaldo is gonna retire before Lionel Harden, allowing him to become the all time leading scorer Barring injury, that record has Ronaldo's name next to it.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 03-29-2020 at 10:49 PM.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    0-3 finals record for Argentina
    No goals or assists in 2 legs vs Juventus 16/17
    Blowing a 4-1 lead vs Roma 17/18
    Blowing a 3-0 lead vs Liverpool 18/19
    Scoring a single penalty and no assists in the 2019 edition of the Copa America
    One champions league trophy in 9 seasons

That is an underwhelming 2nd half of midget's career, to say the least. Only delusional midgetfans would say that is not below expectations, specially for the so called GOAT

and you're out of your mind if you think Ronaldo is gonna retire before Lionel Harden, allowing him to become the all time leading scorer Barring injury, that record has Ronaldo's name next to it.
    Sidenaldo can plan whatever he wants but when it's your time, it's your time. Specially for a player so dependent on physical abilities as him. All those years of taking on the hidden are probably going to bite him in the ass (npi) with some wierd ass disease. Heck, he probably has coronavirus right now.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Sidenaldo can plan whatever he wants but when it's your time, it's your time. Specially for a player so dependent on physical abilities as him. All those years of taking on the hidden are probably going to bite him in the ass (npi) with some wierd ass disease. Heck, he probably has coronavirus right now.
    You sound upset Ronaldo is finished, that's the argument you're going with? Amused rubbing off on you i see. Ronaldo is nothing like his young self nowadays, he relies more on elite positioning, finding open spaces and short bursts of speed more than anything else. He'll be fine. Your boy is having a worse scoring season despite being younger.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    You sound upset Ronaldo is finished, that's the argument you're going with? Amused rubbing off on you i see. Ronaldo is nothing like his young self nowadays, he relies more on elite positioning, finding open spaces and short bursts of speed more than anything else. He'll be fine. Your boy is having a worse scoring season despite being younger.
    Nop, I'm saying that when he's indeed finished, the fall won't be a graceful one. It will look like a post achiles Kobe still taking 25 shot per game thinking that he can still be as good as before untill he's forced to retire.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Nop, I'm saying that when he's indeed finished, the fall won't be a graceful one. It will look like a post achiles Kobe still taking 25 shot per game thinking that he can still be as good as before untill he's forced to retire.
    Sounds like wishful thinking to me. As usual, your takes come from a place of emotion, not logic. Your blind allegiance to your fellow countryman makes you come up with these bad takes. Even when numbers and logic point in the opposite direction.

Thread Information