Page 105 of 212 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 5300
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "HOUSTON — At Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital on Sunday, the medical staff ran out of both space for new coronavirus patients and a key drug needed to treat them. With no open beds at the public hospital, a dozen COVID-19 patients who were in need of intensive care were stuck in the emergency room, awaiting transfers to other Houston area hospitals, according to a note sent to the staff and shared with reporters.

A day later, the top physician executive at the Houston Methodist hospital system wrote to staff members warning that its coronavirus caseload was surging: “It has become necessary to consider delaying more surgical services to create further capacity for COVID-19 patients,” Dr. Robert Phillips said in the note, an abrupt turn from three days earlier, when the hospital system sent a note to thousands of patients, inviting them to keep their surgical appointments.

And at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, staff members were alerted recently that the hospital would soon begin taking in cancer patients with COVID-19 from the city’s overburdened public hospital system, a highly unusual move for the specialty hospital.

These internal messages highlight the growing strain that the coronavirus crisis is putting on hospital systems in the Houston region, where the number of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 has nearly quadrupled since Memorial Day. As of Tuesday, more than 3,000 people were hospitalized for the coronavirus in the region, including nearly 800 in intensive care...."

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07...s-cases-surge/

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    "HOUSTON — At Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital on Sunday, the medical staff ran out of both space for new coronavirus patients and a key drug needed to treat them. With no open beds at the public hospital, a dozen COVID-19 patients who were in need of intensive care were stuck in the emergency room, awaiting transfers to other Houston area hospitals, according to a note sent to the staff and shared with reporters.

A day later, the top physician executive at the Houston Methodist hospital system wrote to staff members warning that its coronavirus caseload was surging: “It has become necessary to consider delaying more surgical services to create further capacity for COVID-19 patients,” Dr. Robert Phillips said in the note, an abrupt turn from three days earlier, when the hospital system sent a note to thousands of patients, inviting them to keep their surgical appointments.

And at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, staff members were alerted recently that the hospital would soon begin taking in cancer patients with COVID-19 from the city’s overburdened public hospital system, a highly unusual move for the specialty hospital.

These internal messages highlight the growing strain that the coronavirus crisis is putting on hospital systems in the Houston region, where the number of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 has nearly quadrupled since Memorial Day. As of Tuesday, more than 3,000 people were hospitalized for the coronavirus in the region, including nearly 800 in intensive care...."

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07...s-cases-surge/
    Would be interesting to see how many of these Houston cases are linked to Floyd's protest and funeral.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be interesting to see how many of these Houston cases are linked to Floyd's protest and funeral.
    every single time

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And also how many are linked to the Balous Miller recovery. Probably more people eating out than protesting in Houston.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And also how many are linked to the Balous Miller recovery. Probably more people eating out than protesting in Houston.
    No, TSA doesn't find that interesting at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ACL 2020 cancelled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “To tell you the truth, what worries me is not this week, where we’re still kind of handling it,” said Roberta Schwartz, Houston Methodist’s chief innovation officer, who’s been helping lead the system’s efforts to expand beds for COVID-19 patents. “I’m really worried about next week.”
    Not as many as will be linked to bars and restaurants being open, and not as many by a long shot, because the protests ended and a lot more people are in bars and restaruants day in day out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than 8000 new cases in Texas today, just saw it on the news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably all BLM activists. Hope Soros is paying for their healthcare.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump s have been given their talking points and they're not going to let up. Math be damned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might hit 10k per day by this time next week. Maybe sooner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump s have been given their talking points and they're not going to let up. Math be damned.
    You mean like only trump rallies account for new cases and not protests all over the nation and world? Pop science said the protests actually brought the numbers down... lmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if the data actually showed the protests were a main driver of new cases Paxton would have wheeled Abbott out to yell that out from the rooftops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might hit 10k per day by this time next week. Maybe sooner.
    Next week? We're only half way through this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not as many as will be linked to bars and restaurants being open, and not as many by a long shot, because the protests ended and a lot more people are in bars and restaruants day in day out.
    It's not just bars and restaurants. Kids are hanging out together like covid is not even a thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if the data actually showed the protests were a main driver of new cases Paxton would have wheeled Abbott out to yell that out from the rooftops.
    100%

I'm sure that there was spread at the protests, but its telling Abbott went after the bars right away. They have data they can't realease from contact tracing due to HIPA but they know where this is coming from. Also amazing that places like NY where there was even larger protests haven't seen the increases we have.

Its almost like indoor dining, bars, and the general stupidity of places like AZ, TX, and FL are more important factors.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because koriwhat is on your ignore list.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "For the second day in a row, state health officials Wednesday reported record numbers of new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, raising concerns ahead of the Fourth of July holiday weekend.

The Texas Department of State Health Services reported 8,076 new COVID-19 cases, marking the first time Texas crossed the 8,000 threshold for cases in a single day. The new cases jumped by more than 1,000 from Tuesday's record-setting number.

In addition, the 6,904 lab-confirmed COVID-19 patients in Texas hospitals set a record high for the third day in a row.

The continuing e in cases and hospitalizations come as Texas has seen a surge in younger people testing positive for the coronavirus and increased outbreaks in child care facilities. It also came a day after Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick criticized one of the nation's top infectious disease experts as overly partisan and frequently wrong........"

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200...ions-near-7000

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    100%

I'm sure that there was spread at the protests, but its telling Abbott went after the bars right away. They have data they can't realease from contact tracing due to HIPA but they know where this is coming from. Also amazing that places like NY where there was even larger protests haven't seen the increases we have.

Its almost like indoor dining, bars, and the general stupidity of places like AZ, TX, and FL are more important factors.
    Hot weather drives people indoors where the virus spreads more easily, it’s not shocking to see states like AZ, TX, FL, and CA all seeing es.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hot weather drives people indoors where the virus spreads more easily

EXCEPT FOR THE OUTDOOR BLM PROTESTORS

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because koriwhat is on your ignore list.
    Honestly what is the point of posting this? It gives said ignored poster more attention than just ignoring them. If I did this every time Chumpdumper responded to me the forum would be littered with thousands of these.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    EXCEPT FOR THE OUTDOOR BLM PROTESTORS
    I can support the peaceful protests and question their impact on the spread of the virus at the same time, it’s not a difficult concept to grasp.

Thread Information