Page 14 of 212 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious provenance. Compared to requests for PPE and medical supplies from other states, the federal government responded with amazing alacrity.

Armstrong, who is a prominent GOP activist, called Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick. He says Patrick reached out to Texas state Sen. Bryan Hughes, also a Republican, who knew someone on the board of the New Jersey-based company Amneal Pharmaceuticals. The company, which makes and distributes the drug, has donated more than a million tablets nationwide, including to the states of Texas and Louisiana.

Two days later, Armstrong had received more than enough medication to begin giving it to patients.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC said there is no shortage. Go figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Unofficial" opinion from the AG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Unofficial" opinion from the AG

Mere minutes after the AG "unofficial" opinion, a court rules all Texans can vote absentee in November.

Can't imagine Texas doesn't appeal this.

https://www.fox44news.com/news/state...d-19-pandemic/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No problem Trash is closing down the postal service.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a civic minded billionaire will save it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a civic minded billionaire will save it.
    Be nice if Bloomberg fulfilled his promise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we bailout cruise ships tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/te...demic-warning/

Texas Officials Were Warned Six Years Ago to Prepare for a Pandemic. They Didn’t.
    How did it come to this? Why did we seem so surprised at every turn? Texas officials had no excuse to be blindsided. In October 2014, after a Liberian man named Thomas Eric Duncan was diagnosed with Ebola virus at a Dallas hospital, Governor Rick Perry created the Texas Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response. The group’s 174-page report on the Ebola crisis, submitted that December, begins with this epigraph: “In today’s globally connected society, an infectious disease epidemic anywhere can soon become an emergency everywhere.”

Duncan, who died from Ebola, had infected two nurses at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, both of whom survived, and the task force zeroed in on the importance of personal protective equipment for medical staff. The Ebola crisis, they wrote, “revealed a shortage of PPE that is vitally needed by hospital workers, including those who may find themselves unexpectedly in an Emergency Department with an Ebola patient or similar patient with a high consequence infectious disease.” They recommended the state create a stockpile of such equipment in case of a future outbreak. Governor Perry praised the report, and Republican state senator Charles Schwertner tried to codify some of the task force’s recommendations, including the PPE stockpile, into law. The bill passed the Senate, but it wasn’t taken up by the House until the final month of the 2015 legislative session, and it never got a hearing in the public health committee.

Today’s state leaders, even while facing the dire threat of a pandemic raging throughout the state, haven’t responded with much greater urgency. In January and February, while the CDC was failing to ins ute a widespread testing program, state leaders were uncertain about the scope and trajectory of the problem. When the state’s infectious disease task force met in early February, DSHS commissioner John erstedt likened the unfolding crisis to the fog of war. “When you have a rapidly developing situation when there are a great many factors at work, being able to see clearly is sometimes simply not possible,” he said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I write, things look bad enough. More than 150,000 Texans filed for unemployment during the third week of March, more than three times as many as the worst week during the Great Recession. The next week that number nearly doubled to more than 275,000. The price of a barrel of West Texas Intermediate crude plummeted as far as $20, kneecapped by a price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia and whacked over the head with a lead pipe by a global drop in demand. The cost-intensive, debt-enabled fracking industry, which was already struggling to profit when oil was trading at $50 per barrel, may be shuttered indefinitely. The Brookings Ins ution, a center-left think tank in Washington, D.C., listed Midland, Odessa, and Laredo as three of the six U.S. metro areas most exposed to the economic cataclysm currently underway, with tens of thousands of oil workers already laid off. Having nearly one out of five residents uninsured—the worst rate in the nation—Texas’s public health infrastructure is poorly equipped to weather a crisis that will push hospital resources to their capacity or well beyond it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dumbass Governor Abbot has #So Texas trending. Texas Roadhouse, Rudy's BBQ, HEB and Valero gas stations are opening next week with NO restrictions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbass Governor Abbot has #So Texas trending. Texas Roadhouse, Rudy's BBQ, HEB and Valero gas stations are opening next week with NO restrictions
    That sounds inaccurate.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That sounds inaccurate.
    Issa joke bruh

Or is it?

I'm just saying

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott finally takes a stand, DEFIES Trash's open it up, TX school cancelled for rest of year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Issa joke bruh

Or is it?

I'm just saying
    Looks like we're using the thoughts and prayers strategy for testing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Looks like we're using the thoughts and prayers strategy for testing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the jist as of right now...

- Texas state parks opening back up on Monday as long as visitors wear masks and do not gather in crowds larger than five
    - Some retailers will be allowed to open next Friday (the 24th) for curbside and delivery only
    - Some elective/diagnostic procedures will be allowed again starting next week

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the jist as of right now...

- Texas state parks opening back up on Monday as long as visitors wear masks and do not gather in crowds larger than five
    - Some retailers will be allowed to open next Friday (the 24th) for curbside and delivery only
    - Some elective/diagnostic procedures will be allowed again starting next week
    We do need some money flowing back in the hospitals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We do need some money flowing back in the hospitals.
    Main Methodist is at 50% capacity. The hospitalists are getting desperate.

Just need to stay the course for 12-18 months in hopes a vaccine though amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just need to stay the course for 12-18 months in hopes a vaccine though amirite?
    You're going to be building straw men for that entire time?

Just let us know if you plan on being dishonest from here on out, OK?

We need testing. What's the plan for that?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

140 hospitals furloughing workers in response to COVID-19

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-covid-19.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds like there is still some confusion as to what medical procedures and which facilities will be allowed to operate. A specific list of guidelines will need to be made available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

140 hospitals furloughing workers in response to COVID-19

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-covid-19.html
    What's his reopening plan?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're going to be building straw men for that entire time?

Just let us know if you plan on being dishonest from here on out, OK?

We need testing. What's the plan for that?
    We have testing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds like there is still some confusion as to what medical procedures and which facilities will be allowed to operate. A specific list of guidelines will need to be made available.
    The plan announced today isn't actually the plan. That's coming the 27th because we need to act like we're reopening tomorrow.

Thread Information