Page 15 of 212 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can I see your testing plan for when we reopen?

Thanks in advance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The plan announced today isn't actually the plan. That's coming the 27th because we need to act like we're reopening tomorrow.
    Abbott specifically said that restrictions will be loosened on healthcare on the 22nd.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can I see your testing plan for when we reopen?

Thanks in advance.
    We have testing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So hopes and prayers is the plan.

Nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lend yourself to derision sometimes. I will set that aside, so we can maybe get some discussion. Quite frankly this smells of "i know we don't have enough testing, and am trying to be cute".

How much Testing do we need to open?

What about contact tracing? If we cant to keep things isolated and re-open that is also one of the things we need to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott specifically said that restrictions will be loosened on healthcare on the 22nd.
    I thought that was outpatient procedures; just caught it in passing. I'm not against that tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, so you aren't being serious, and you do know that we don't have enough, but aren't honest enough to admit it.

Why do you think conservatives are so dishonest?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lend yourself to derision sometimes. I will set that aside, so we can maybe get some discussion. Quite frankly this smells of "i know we don't have enough testing, and am trying to be cute".

What about contact tracing? If we cant to keep things isolated and re-open that is also one of the things we need to do.
    When SnakeBoy gets cute and evasive, he's being partisan.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the jist as of right now...

- Texas state parks opening back up on Monday as long as visitors wear masks and do not gather in crowds larger than five
    - Some retailers will be allowed to open next Friday (the 24th) for curbside and delivery only
    - Some elective/diagnostic procedures will be allowed again starting next week
    These seem like safe, low-risk services to open. Hopefully we can start massive testing by the end of the month like Abbott said. It looks like some general studies are starting to show the virus to be more widespread than our numbers show, which would lower the death rates considerably. These are early reports without peer review but hopefully they are accurate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When SnakeBoy gets cute and evasive, he's being partisan.
    I'm not being evasive. You said we need testing but we have testing.

If you have a special plan different from all the experts then just say what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These seem like safe, low-risk services to open. Hopefully we can start massive testing by the end of the month like Abbott said. It looks like some general studies are starting to show the virus to be more widespread than our numbers show, which would lower the death rates considerably. These are early reports without peer review but hopefully they are accurate.
    That, to me, would be best case scenario. What they really need to do is start testing for antibodies to see how many people had already been exposed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds like there is still some confusion as to what medical procedures and which facilities will be allowed to operate. A specific list of guidelines will need to be made available.
    I am a little confused by the announcement. My interpretation is that hospitals are limited in the non-essential surgeries they can perform so long as it limits use of the protective equipment and use of hospital beds. Does this include smaller clinics that perform elective surgeries but that are not specifically connected to a hospital? I am thinking specifically of spine clinics and similar medical offices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not being evasive. You said we need testing but we have testing.
    I asked you what the testing plan was.

You got cute.

Our testing rate is in the bottom five for the nation.

Is there a plan to change that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that was outpatient procedures; just caught it in passing. I'm not against that tbh.
    The example they gave was diagnostic tests for cancer. That could be any number of tests/minor surgeries which may not be specific for cancer and may or may not need admission to a hospital for. I just think it's a little too vague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The example they gave was diagnostic tests for cancer. That could be any number of tests/minor surgeries which may not be specific for cancer and may or may not need admission to a hospital for. I just think it's a little too vague.
    I agree. Hopefully something comes out in writing for the public before it happens if it hasn't already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am a little confused by the announcement. My interpretation is that hospitals are limited in the non-essential surgeries they can perform so long as it limits use of the protective equipment and use of hospital beds. Does this include smaller clinics that perform elective surgeries but that are not specifically connected to a hospital? I am thinking specifically of spine clinics and similar medical offices.
    That's mainly why I'm asking. My wife works at an outpatient clinic that does a number of procedures. The doctors are chomping at the bit to open back up and there's some disagreement as to what they are allowed to do or even if they are allowed to at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greg Abbott’s Power Grab on Bail Reform

Abbott’s executive order blocking jail releases during a pandemic highlights

conservative opposition to the growing movement to end wealth-based detention in Texas.
    https://www.texasobserver.org/greg-abbott-bail-reform-coronavirus/?goal=0_975e2d1fa1-a96f663e02-34733575&mc_cid=a96f663e02&mc_eid=b9077e7e26

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We probably have enough already but testing capacity for the summer but capacity continues to increase daily. The number of people that need to be tested will fall off a cliff in a couple of weeks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our testing rate is in the bottom five for the nation.
    Testing rate per what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We probably have enough already but testing capacity for the summer but capacity continues to increase daily. The number of people that need to be tested will fall off a cliff in a couple of weeks.
    What are all your sources for this? LESS testing will be necessary going forward?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Testing rate per what?
    person

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are all your sources for this? LESS testing will be necessary going forward?
    85% - 95% of our testing has been negative. We've been in cold and flu season, those people had a different bug. Those respiratory illnesses fall off a cliff very soon.

All this has been discussed but with you and RG everyday is like a new day. You can't retain any knowledge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    85% - 95% of our testing has been negative. We've been in cold and flu season, those people had a different bug. Those respiratory illnesses fall off a cliff very soon.

All this has been discussed but with you and RG everyday is like a new day. You can't retain any knowledge.
    No one is talking about colds and flu.

We're talking about coronavirus testing.

You're trying to get cute again.

What is the plan for coronavirus testing and contact tracing?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that what you think the goal is? Just randomly test x percentage of the population per day with or without symptoms?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is talking about colds and flu.
    85-95% of the people with symptoms that have been tested have had a cold or flu not coronavirus. Can you really not understand that?

Thread Information