Page 174 of 212 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 5300
    A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The COVID-19 testing positivity rate is at the highest point yet in Texas.

The Department of Health and Human Services reported the seven day positivity test rate on August 8 was 20.31%. The rate has increased from 12.05% on July 31...."

https://abc13.com/health/covid-19-te...texas/6363998/
    has the testing gone down? If so then it makes sense the positivity rate has gone up if they're saving the tests for more symptomatic people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has the testing gone down? If so then it makes sense the positivity rate has gone up if they're saving the tests for more symptomatic people
    "The number of Texans being tested for the coronavirus has fallen sharply in recent weeks, a trend that has worried public health experts as officials consider sending children back to school while thousands more Texans are infected each day.

In the week ending Aug. 8, an average 36,255 coronavirus tests were administered in Texas each day — a drop of about 42% from two weeks earlier, when the average number of daily tests was 62,516.

At the same time, the percentage of tests yielding positive results has climbed, up to 20% on average in the week ending Aug. 8. Two weeks earlier, the average positivity rate was around 14%...."

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/08...testing-texas/

Pretty ridiculous that we're doing less testing in the weeks leading up to school starting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The number of Texans being tested for the coronavirus has fallen sharply in recent weeks, a trend that has worried public health experts as officials consider sending children back to school while thousands more Texans are infected each day.

In the week ending Aug. 8, an average 36,255 coronavirus tests were administered in Texas each day — a drop of about 42% from two weeks earlier, when the average number of daily tests was 62,516.

At the same time, the percentage of tests yielding positive results has climbed, up to 20% on average in the week ending Aug. 8. Two weeks earlier, the average positivity rate was around 14%...."

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/08...testing-texas/

Pretty ridiculous that we're doing less testing in the weeks leading up to school starting
    health officials say fewer people are seeking tests

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The number of tests performed in Texas has “never been great,” said Vivian Ho, a health economist at Rice University and Baylor College of Medicine, but “it’s extremely troubling” that the numbers have dipped since last month.

“It’s troubling because we can guess at some of the reasons, but we’re not sure,” she said."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The number of tests performed in Texas has “never been great,” said Vivian Ho, a health economist at Rice University and Baylor College of Medicine, but “it’s extremely troubling” that the numbers have dipped since last month.

“It’s troubling because we can guess at some of the reasons, but we’re not sure,” she said."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In Austin, health officials say fewer people are seeking tests through the city’s online portal and at local events."

Why are you being disingenuous here? What's the point?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "AUSTIN (KXAN) — With active cases of COVID-19 in slight decline around Texas, a projection by modelers at the University of Texas at Austin raises new concerns. It suggests there will be 15,000 more deaths in Texas over the next three weeks.

The model by UT’s College of Natural Sciences predicts between 20,655 and 26,726 Texans will die as a result of COVID-19 by Aug. 31. Currently 8,459 Texans have died since the pandemic began. The predicted escalation would represent a 177% increase by Aug. 31..."

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronaviru...end-of-august/
    UT modelers base their projection on current social distancing data they glean from geolocation cell phone data. An anomaly in the data may account for the high prediction. On July 27th, the state reported 1,202 deaths. The modelers believe this may be causing something unusual happening in their model.

The model’s prediction was actually a little modest for deaths by July 31. It originally predicted 6,000 COVID-19 deaths in the state by that time, but there were 7,265 deaths.

The state reported 116 new COVID-19 deaths Sunday, along with 4,800 new cases. It would need to average more than 700 new deaths a day to make the UT prediction true.

UT’s minimum number of projected deaths was 20,655 and its maximum was 26,726 deaths in Texas.

Jeez, I hope they're wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "In Austin, health officials say fewer people are seeking tests through the city’s online portal and at local events."

Why are you being disingenuous here? What's the point?
    Fewer people are seeking testing. It's mentioned throughout article.

"And at sites in Dallas, testing numbers have been declining over the past few weeks as locals utilize less of the city’s capacity."

Why do you think it is ridiculous that we're doing less testing when fewer people are seeking testing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UT modelers base their projection on current social distancing data they glean from geolocation cell phone data. An anomaly in the data may account for the high prediction. On July 27th, the state reported 1,202 deaths. The modelers believe this may be causing something unusual happening in their model.

The model’s prediction was actually a little modest for deaths by July 31. It originally predicted 6,000 COVID-19 deaths in the state by that time, but there were 7,265 deaths.

The state reported 116 new COVID-19 deaths Sunday, along with 4,800 new cases. It would need to average more than 700 new deaths a day to make the UT prediction true.

UT’s minimum number of projected deaths was 20,655 and its maximum was 26,726 deaths in Texas.

It will make Texas' death rate per capita triple, if accurate.

the stupid ing graph that is Darrin's go to for "muh New York":
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

will have Texas at about 100 by the end of the month, which will have Texas jump about 20 places in the ranking, past a lot of NE states, and approaching New York.

Meanwhile... Snakeboy still can't explain the e.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They all stayed in their poorly ventilated buildings and got sick.

We don't live on top of each other down here.

Compare case and/or death rates of NY and TX.

It's not close.
    Not going to age well. Texas doesn't count "probable", so our actual rate was about 2x the official count.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 08-10-2020 at 05:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fewer people are seeking testing. It's mentioned throughout article.

"And at sites in Dallas, testing numbers have been declining over the past few weeks as locals utilize less of the city’s capacity."

Why do you think it is ridiculous that we're doing less testing when fewer people are seeking testing?
    Yeah that's one reason, not the reason. So what?

It's ridiculous that fewer people are seeking testing before school starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The UT modelers have been pretty accurate so far. Fingers crossed they're wrong but goddam we're not really doing much else about it other than begging people to distance and wear masks.

And oh yeah, school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The UT modelers have been pretty accurate so far. Fingers crossed they're wrong but goddam we're not really doing much else about it other than begging people to distance and wear masks.

And oh yeah, school.
    Did they make an estimate for Darrin's zip code?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YET

It's like you don't understand time. NY got its peak earlier.

Do you think the rate will be lower, or higher, after we get our peak?
    Time keeps on slippin... into the future...

Care to answer the question yet? Where do you think Texas will be at the end of Aug? Sep?

Splits says we plateau for a while at levels far in excess of where we were on JUL 8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they make an estimate for Darrin's zip code?
    I think they had one fat old guy drive through his zip code but other than that the Darrin Zip model looking good

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they had one fat old guy drive through his zip code but other than that the Darrin Zip model looking good
    Do you live on one deluded cuckold drive?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your sandbox is calling you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really trying hard today, eh?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time keeps on slippin... into the future...

Care to answer the question yet? Where do you think Texas will be at the end of Aug? Sep?

Splits says we plateau for a while at levels far in excess of where we were on JUL 8
    Splits like you has terrible logic and math. 0 hospitals

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really trying hard today, eh?
    Not at all. BlerpDerper lobbed that one in.

At you coming to his rescue on your very first post, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all. BlerpDerper lobbed that one in.

At you coming to his rescue on your very first post, though.
    I've been here discussing the topic. You had to come in with your try hard compulsion and nothing else.

Now you're only going to post about me.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been here discussing the topic. You had to come in with your try hard compulsion and nothing else.

Now you're only going to post about me.
    You and Blake giving each other handies while ankle biting Darrin is "discussing"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the whole quote. You lie

My Team