Page 18 of 212 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you watch Friday's press conference?
    Nope, what's the plan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you watch Friday's press conference?
    Nope. I'm less concerned with what's being said as opposed to what's being actually done.

After all, this president has been talking about "perfect tests" over a month ago, despite never actually acknowledging we have had a testing problem since the start. He's just not credible.

But if you have a link with info from the CDC about a federal testing program, do share. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last I read/heard, every state is on their own when it comes to testing... including sourcing staff, testing supplies like re-agents, etc.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last I read/heard, every state is on their own when it comes to testing... including sourcing staff, testing supplies like re-agents, etc.
    The CDC needs to head this effort.
    With every State required to report back to them with numbers and such.
    This is fairly critical imo if we dont want to relapse, and we do want to prevent and understand this event.
    Even after we have a vaccine and a medicinal cure; fingers crossed.

If we treated this as a foreign invasion and the military wanted to figure out how to combat now and in the future... we would have the money and organization.
    This thing is transmissible. Its fine to understand each state has their own unique environment and businesses, but viruses do not understand State boundaries.

Maybe we could pretend like the States were all EU countries and just fracture into little pieces with a bunch of little side arrangements on hoarding.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. I'm less concerned with what's being said as opposed to what's being actually done.

After all, this president has been talking about "perfect tests" over a month ago, despite never actually acknowledging we have had a testing problem since the start. He's just not credible.

But if you have a link with info from the CDC about a federal testing program, do share. Thanks.
    Well I don't know what to tell you are just going to believe what was still is. They (the experts) did a presentation on all the testing status, acknowledged problems they had that have been fixed and what still needs to be done. Also went over the testing plan for the PCR, antibody, and point of care tests.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I don't know what to tell you are just going to believe what was still is. They (the experts) did a presentation on all the testing status, acknowledged problems they had that have been fixed and what still needs to be done. Also went over the testing plan for the PCR, antibody, and point of care tests.
    And that plan is...?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Testing platforms are in place that can handle the volume of tests required. Swabs supplies are still limited but alternate collection method are available now and validated. Big problem is reagents. They remain in short supply, have to be sourced from foreign countries, namely China, and every country is trying to source them. Why in the world Trash said and keeps saying that testing is widely available, at one point early on saying everybody can get a test who wants to get tested, is a complete fantasy. Now he’s throwing shade at the governors, that everything is in place and they are the reason testing isn’t being done to scale. His focus is open up the economy no matter what. The with anything else, all else be damned.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Testing platforms are in place that can handle the volume of tests required. Swabs supplies are still limited but alternate collection method are available now and validated. Big problem is reagents. They remain in short supply, have to be sourced from foreign countries, namely China, and every country is trying to source them. Why in the world Trash said and keeps saying that testing is widely available, at one point early on saying everybody can get a test who wants to get tested, is a complete fantasy. Now he’s throwing shade at the governors, that everything is in place and they are the reason testing isn’t being done to scale. His focus is open up the economy no matter what. The with anything else, all else be damned.
    Who needs swabs and reagents when you got thoughts and prayers?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is fairly critical imo if we dont want to relapse, and we do want to prevent and understand this event.

If we treated this as a foreign invasion and the military wanted to figure out how to combat now and in the future... we would have the money and organization.
    This thing is transmissible. Its fine to understand each state has their own unique environment and businesses, but viruses do not understand State boundaries.

Maybe we could pretend like the States were all EU countries and just fracture into little pieces with a bunch of little side arrangements on hoarding.
    What makes you think we don't want to relapse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, this whole federal government leading from behind certainly hasn't worked out, tbh...

Why are states competing against each other to get test supplies? Why is the federal government confiscating supplies once the states obtained them? This needs to be a coordinated effort.

Like I said, a link to the CDC outlining the federal plan for testing and addressing the shortage of staff, supplies, etc would be a good start. Why do I have to tune in to press conferences for this? should be publicly available information.

It would also be reassuring that the information that comes from the federal government matches the information reported by the states, which has not been the case for a long time now. We seemingly spend more time bickering about who said what than actually making sure we address the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, a question about your testing. Did you went and did it out of your own volition (I suspect that's the case), or did you took the test based on some sort of state/federal program requesting people that had symptoms to go get an antibody test?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The boy in snakeboy is very prominent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, a question about your testing. Did you went and did it out of your own volition (I suspect that's the case), or did you took the test based on some sort of state/federal program requesting people that had symptoms to go get an antibody test?
    I contacted South Texas Blood & Tissue Center of my own volition after they publicly announced they were taking part in the FDA program and were looking for suspected or confirmed cases in the time frame that I was ill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The boy in snakeboy is very prominent
    You're so edgy. It's a very unique approach to internet posting tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't have to be sourced from China. US companies manufacture reagents in China, and China isn't releasing these to the US without days worth of "new" do entation to meet requirements (supposedly because early kits released to other countries were bogus and China has tightened the noose, but also because China trusts US companies' products more than their own).

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    china is busy getting biden elected

right blubber boy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    china is busy getting biden elected

right blubber boy?
    edgy and salty

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    nice edit

why haven't you found me yet?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    spend all your time thinking about bonnerific?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice edit

why haven't you found me yet?
    Are you lost?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spend all your time thinking about bonnerific?
    You have a similar posting style, mad at the world and think you're pithy. IRL you're a toad.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    what is your story with bonnerific?

or would you rather talk about that in private?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You have a similar posting style, mad at the world and think you're pithy. IRL you're a toad.
    mad at the world?

its my oyster

dig me up. fat boy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mad at the world?

its my oyster

dig me up. fat boy
    bowing up online like a toad

Thread Information