Page 22 of 212 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now you are just grasping at straws to justify your TDS.
    See what I mean?

You guys always do defensive backflips or try to change the subject.

Every single time.

It's just dishonest and I have no idea why you force yourselves to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See what I mean?

You guys always do backflips or try to change the subject.

Every single time.

It's just dishonest and I have no idea why you force yourselves to do it.
    Stupid . You QUOTED ME saying Republicans deserved equal blame and then said I didnt blame Republicans. You are ing pathetic. BTW, you are right to be scared of the boogievirus. Statistically, it likes to kill fat s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid . You QUOTED ME saying Republicans deserved equal blame and then said I didnt blame Republicans. You are ing pathetic. BTW, you are right to be scared of the boogievirus. Statistically, it likes to kill fat s.
    See, you're doing it again.

Nothing specific about Trump.

Change the subject to me.

You do it every time.

Why do you call it the boogievirus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez Chump. You suck so bad at this. Obama administration used them up and had seven years to replace them and never did. Twist and squirm all you want...the guilt is shared equally with democrats and republicans.
    No, it's a 70/30 split.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can tell you that reagents are being manufactured in the US. I cannot tell you how much or who/where (some of that I don't even know). I do know that much of this is a recent development and we should look at it on a state by state basis as they are responsible for testing - mostly being done by private labs right now but not because the states cannot test, it's because they don't receive enough samples to justify additional testing facilities ATM.

The bulk of focus should be on New York, but because of how they stack their urban population like cattle and how much interaction they have with so many others in daily routines, it's an uphill battle just to get a grip on it. Keep in mind that, while all this is happening, other ailments still have to be addressed, other kits have to still be manufactured.
    But this is where I disagree. Antibody testing shouldn't be based on epidemic focus. RT testing probably, but not antibody testing.

If we agree that any plan for reopening and slowly doing away with social distancing requires a solid data foundation, then it's inescapable that we need broad testing.

If the argument is that such capacity of testing is unattainable, then say so, and let the chips fall where they may. If the argument is that Murica is the best and we'll have the best testing ever, then get your together, work together towards that goal.

The problem is we don't have one or other. Actually, we have worse. We have both sides bickering left and right and still no testing capacity of the kind we need to make informed decisions. And all that bickering isn't free, people die, and decisions that leaders make in complete darkness, have a measurable value in human lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can tell you that reagents are being manufactured in the US. I cannot tell you how much or who/where (some of that I don't even know). I do know that much of this is a recent development and we should look at it on a state by state basis as they are responsible for testing - mostly being done by private labs right now but not because the states cannot test, it's because they don't receive enough samples to justify additional testing facilities ATM.

The bulk of focus should be on New York, but because of how they stack their urban population like cattle and how much interaction they have with so many others in daily routines, it's an uphill battle just to get a grip on it. Keep in mind that, while all this is happening, other ailments still have to be addressed, other kits have to still be manufactured.
    There seem to be two primary components to EN’s argument, neither of which do you seem to be comfortable addressing head on.

First, do you think the trump administration should have invoked the DPA to produce PPE/reagents domestically, say two to three months ago considering the tome it takes to ramp up production? If not, why?

Second, do you think the trump administration’s approach to working with state governments has been productive? If yes, why? If not, do you think the administration should change course?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You'll have to factor in Congress.

Recalculate after factoring in Congress.
    don't forget to factor in De Blasio because mayors and stuff per dmc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't forget to factor in De Blasio because mayors and stuff per dmc
    I hope they don't realize they're doing it. That's the only explanation that doesn't make them look completely pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while we're having this convo...

Trump says he will use Defense Production Act to increase swabs for testing

President Trump announced Sunday that he will use the Defense Production Act to direct a company to increase production of badly-needed swabs for coronavirus testing.

Trump said at a White House news briefing that he would use the Korean War-era law to direct one company that the administration has "had a little difficulty" with to increase swab production by over 20 million swabs per month.

He did not name the company and he did not provide further details.

"We're calling in the Defense Production Act and we'll be getting swabs very easily," Trump said.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...bs-for-testing

---

Waaaay too late, but hopefully he's not talking out of his ass again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no raking anything. We're just having a rare adult discussion. Feel free to participate.
    I was participating fwiw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There seem to be two primary components to EN’s argument, neither of which do you seem to be comfortable addressing head on.

First, do you think the trump administration should have invoked the DPA to produce PPE/reagents domestically, say two to three months ago considering the tome it takes to ramp up production? If not, why?

Second, do you think the trump administration’s approach to working with state governments has been productive? If yes, why? If not, do you think the administration should change course?
    Some clinics don't want the tests because they don't want people who think they have it to come to them. They want someone else to worry about it.

If I was in charge I would treat this as an invasion, I would use Homeland Security the FBI and the National Guard. I would roll out testing in every city and insist on manufacturing of test kits. I would treat this virus like removing lice from the head of a child.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But this is where I disagree. Antibody testing shouldn't be based on epidemic focus. RT testing probably, but not antibody testing.

If we agree that any plan for reopening and slowly doing away with social distancing requires a solid data foundation, then it's inescapable that we need broad testing.

If the argument is that such capacity of testing is unattainable, then say so, and let the chips fall where they may. If the argument is that Murica is the best and we'll have the best testing ever, then get your together, work together towards that goal.

The problem is we don't have one or other. Actually, we have worse. We have both sides bickering left and right and still no testing capacity of the kind we need to make informed decisions. And all that bickering isn't free, people die, and decisions that leaders make in complete darkness, have a measurable value in human lives.
    Antibody testing is a different animal. There will be OTC kits available but administering it yourself will be hit or miss, mostly miss, because you have to jam the swab up your nose all the way back to your ing ear or some such . I cannot see people doing that right. Supposedly there are Ig-G serology kits available in early May from both Roche and Abbott labs. Capacity for manufacturing them by the millions could be a different story. Roche has been trying to get FDA clearance on their kit. I don't know about Abbott Labs. Getting things through for IVD testing is time consuming and even if the FDA is fast tracking, it's still not overnight.

As for the bickering, there's nothing anyone here can do about it and it's expected. Politicians will always politicize things, always.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. Since you can’t bring yourself to say it, I’m going to imply that you think the trump admin ed up by not employing the DPA sooner.

How about his approach to working with state governments? Do you think that has been particularly effective?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As for the bickering, there's nothing anyone here can do about it and it's expected. Politicians will always politicize things, always.
    I hate cynicism - it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.

Conan O'Brien

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antibody testing is a different animal. There will be OTC kits available but administering it yourself will be hit or miss, mostly miss, because you have to jam the swab up your nose all the way back to your ing ear or some such . I cannot see people doing that right. Supposedly there are Ig-G serology kits available in early May from both Roche and Abbott labs. Capacity for manufacturing them by the millions could be a different story. Roche has been trying to get FDA clearance on their kit. I don't know about Abbott Labs. Getting things through for IVD testing is time consuming and even if the FDA is fast tracking, it's still not overnight.
    There are newer tests that don't require the full on swab all the way to the back of the nose/throat, but I also believe the swab tests are the RT tests, not the antibody-serology ones, which take longer to bring back results, but are blood-based. Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Regardless, we're not anywhere near testing at the level we need to test, which was what started this conversation. We're nowhere near even the administration projected numbers (talk about models).

We needed to get this ball rolling 1 or 2 months ago, when the clown in charge was talking about viruses magically disappearing and wishing the virus away.

The bucks stops somewhere. I have no problem stating this administration downright incompetent when it comes to this thing, and I also don't think governors are entirely blameless either, saving very few exceptions.

We can certainly express our dissatisfaction, both here and at the voting booth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG now stands for Random Guess
    Antibody testing is part of it.

But that is not what is needed. Sorry. Test track and trace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. Since you can’t bring yourself to say it, I’m going to imply that you think the trump admin ed up by not employing the DPA sooner.

How about his approach to working with state governments? Do you think that has been particularly effective?
    He won't ever admit anything bad about Trump. That would be giving people he despises a "W". It is very petty and small.

He is smart enough to see how badly this is going, just like hte rest of us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He won't ever admit anything bad about Trump. That would be giving people he despises a "W". It is very petty and small.

He is smart enough to see how badly this is going, just like hte rest of us.
    You lot are so focused on me it's amusing. Why do you care what I think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez Chump. You suck so bad at this. Obama administration used them up and had seven years to replace them and never did. Twist and squirm all you want...the guilt is shared equally with democrats and republicans.
    https://i.imgur.com/uzcmQF9.gifv

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC, when you going into the streets without gloves and mask to force Abbott to get off his corrupt ass and open Texas up again?

Trump has had 3 years to correct whatever the you say Obama screwed up, but Trump has made EVERYTHING much worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC, when you going into the streets without gloves and mask to force Abbott to get off his corrupt ass and open Texas up again?

Trump has had 3 years to correct whatever the you say Obama screwed up, but Trump has made EVERYTHING much worse.
    I think those people are idiots. Myself and my employees are wearing masks, using hand sanitizer and washing our hands. i'm also not defending Trump, just pointing out your hypocrisy. D's and R's share responsibility equally.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    right cowboy

they all shared this hoax

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lot are so focused on me it's amusing. Why do you care what I think?
    Demands answers, ducks direct questions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right cowboy

they all shared this hoax
    Congress appropriates money

Why didn't they appropriate money for protective gear and ventilators?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    why do that for a hoax?

Thread Information