Page 40 of 212 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 5300
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw this somewhere else and thought it was appropriate for this thread. I didn't write it.

“Flattening the curve didn’t mean stop the infection, but spread it out so that the system could handle it. I am seeing so much anxiety about resuming business, and so much anger about continued regulations. People are feeling the need to catapult to one side or the other, then fight the opposition.

Here’s my perspective, from a mainstream medical model. I think a lot of folks have fallen into the idea that social distancing was meant to stop the viral spread. It wasn’t. It was meant to SLOW it while we put medical infrastructure in place. It’s not perfect, but it’s much better than it was seven weeks ago.

A vaccine is a long way off. At some point, people have to be systematically exposed to begin the building of (hopeful) herd immunity. We will likely begin to experience a real increase in cases after reopening. Ideally, that exposure is controlled and calculated, in phases, to allow our medical community to respond adequately, and reduce the number of severe or fatal cases. That’s where we are.

Whether you feel like things will be opening too soon, or not soon enough, we were never going to social distance this thing into nonexistence. You now need to proceed as your health, wallet, and conscience allow.

If you are medically vulnerable, you do not need to be a part of what is about to happen. Stay home if you can. If you’re not, or if your financial vulnerability trumps your health concerns, you need to proceed in ways that continue to protect yourself, and the elderly and medically vulnerable around you.

All of us need to calm down. Quit telling people who are financially struggling that they don’t care about human lives. Quit telling people who are truly at risk of dying from this virus that they are cowering in fear. Remember that until you’ve walked in someone else’s shoes, you should probably be careful in your judgements and subsequent harsh words.

We don’t HAVE to choose an either/or proposition and fight. We could choose other ways to be. Examples include but are not limited to:

“I think this may be too soon, so I will continue to shelter myself, and pray/make masks/ check on those who can’t.”

“I really need to go back to work, so I will do so, but I will be careful and try to protect myself, my family, and those around me with healthy strategies.”

See how those positions allow each of us to do what we need to, and also respect those who are choosing differently?
    Eyup. This.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw this somewhere else and thought it was appropriate for this thread. I didn't write it.

“Flattening the curve didn’t mean stop the infection, but spread it out so that the system could handle it. I am seeing so much anxiety about resuming business, and so much anger about continued regulations. People are feeling the need to catapult to one side or the other, then fight the opposition.

Here’s my perspective, from a mainstream medical model. I think a lot of folks have fallen into the idea that social distancing was meant to stop the viral spread. It wasn’t. It was meant to SLOW it while we put medical infrastructure in place. It’s not perfect, but it’s much better than it was seven weeks ago.

A vaccine is a long way off. At some point, people have to be systematically exposed to begin the building of (hopeful) herd immunity. We will likely begin to experience a real increase in cases after reopening. Ideally, that exposure is controlled and calculated, in phases, to allow our medical community to respond adequately, and reduce the number of severe or fatal cases. That’s where we are.

Whether you feel like things will be opening too soon, or not soon enough, we were never going to social distance this thing into nonexistence. You now need to proceed as your health, wallet, and conscience allow.

If you are medically vulnerable, you do not need to be a part of what is about to happen. Stay home if you can. If you’re not, or if your financial vulnerability trumps your health concerns, you need to proceed in ways that continue to protect yourself, and the elderly and medically vulnerable around you.

All of us need to calm down. Quit telling people who are financially struggling that they don’t care about human lives. Quit telling people who are truly at risk of dying from this virus that they are cowering in fear. Remember that until you’ve walked in someone else’s shoes, you should probably be careful in your judgements and subsequent harsh words.

We don’t HAVE to choose an either/or proposition and fight. We could choose other ways to be. Examples include but are not limited to:

“I think this may be too soon, so I will continue to shelter myself, and pray/make masks/ check on those who can’t.”

“I really need to go back to work, so I will do so, but I will be careful and try to protect myself, my family, and those around me with healthy strategies.”

See how those positions allow each of us to do what we need to, and also respect those who are choosing differently?
    Perhaps one of the better posts this forum has ever seen.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have seen plenty of people on the right outright denying the science. Start with evolution, go on to climate change, then the natural progression to deny things about this that the right finds inconvenient.

This is not hard to find.

Science does not take political sides, but political sides now determine how much confidence you have in reason and evidence. The right has gone full argle bargle.

Both the right and the left spin their "experts" to support their cause.

You are right, science should be black or white and should not have any political favor, but when you have ins utions supported by the state or UN, it becomes tainted. When hospitals' funding depends on a specific cause of death or diagnosis, that encourages dishonest "science"

We certainly should be able to look at science for the truth... problem is, humans have to much power to influence it.

Not to get into evolution, but for example, evolution can not prove that we evolved from apes. "missing link" is a real thing... does that mean species don't evolve? No, there is tons of evidence that supports evolution, but we do not have all the necessary links from ape to man, nor the links from "primordial soup" to ape. These lines get blurred by the scientists and politicians, yet it gets pushed.

PEOPLE promoting science is what is being questioned and it should be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Flattening the curve didn’t mean stop the infection," who said it did?

"I am seeing so much anxiety about resuming business" haven't you seen what serious C19 cases do to people and how horrific the dying is?

"so much anger about continued regulations." only from Trash cult mob and Boogooloo Boyz

"People are feeling the need to catapult to one side or the other, then fight the opposition."

bull false equivalence.

People who want to protect themselves and family aren't fighting the re-open assholes who ARE fighting the stay-at-home crowd

"I think a lot of folks have fallen into the idea that social distancing was meant to stop the viral spread."

the folks think correctly. If the social distancing works, it stops the ing spread.

"At some point, people have to be systematically exposed to begin the building of (hopeful) herd immunity"

How many of your victims to be sacrificed to death or damage to achieve your 250M American herd?

1% mortality is 2.5M dead. Right now, USA is at 6% mortality.

"We will likely begin to experience a real increase in cases after reopening. Ideally, that exposure is controlled and calculated, in phases, to allow our medical community to respond adequately, and

reduce the number of severe or fatal cases."

The medical community doesn't know, OBVIOUSLY, how to "reduce the number of severe or fatal cases", or else they would have done so.

"If you are medically vulnerable"

ALL age groups have been infected, damaged, killed, from infants to otherwise healthy adults under age 60,

so how to know if one is "medically vulnerable"?

"if your financial vulnerability trumps your health concerns"

10Ms of American are financially vulnerable before C19,

and now 10Ms more have lost employer health insurance.

one uninsured lady got home from ICU with $37K bill.

And Trash REFUSES to re-open ACA signups, to spite his hated knitter smart bruvva Obama.

Everywhere that has tried re-opening has seen es in cases and deaths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Flattening the curve didn’t mean stop the infection," who said it did?

"I am seeing so much anxiety about resuming business" haven't you seen what serious C19 cases do to people and how horrific the dying is?

"so much anger about continued regulations." only from Trash cult mob and Boogooloo Boyz

"People are feeling the need to catapult to one side or the other, then fight the opposition."

bull false equivalence.

People who want to protect themselves and family aren't fighting the re-open assholes who ARE fighting the stay-at-home crowd

"I think a lot of folks have fallen into the idea that social distancing was meant to stop the viral spread."

the folks think correctly. If the social distancing works, it stops the ing spread.

"At some point, people have to be systematically exposed to begin the building of (hopeful) herd immunity"

How many of your victims to be sacrificed to death or damage to achieve your 250M American herd?

1% mortality is 2.5M dead. Right now, USA is at 6% mortality.

"We will likely begin to experience a real increase in cases after reopening. Ideally, that exposure is controlled and calculated, in phases, to allow our medical community to respond adequately, and

reduce the number of severe or fatal cases."

The medical community doesn't know, OBVIOUSLY, how to "reduce the number of severe or fatal cases", or else they would have done so.

"If you are medically vulnerable"

ALL age groups have been infected, damaged, killed, from infants to otherwise healthy adults under age 60,

so how to know if one is "medically vulnerable"?

"if your financial vulnerability trumps your health concerns"

10Ms of American are financially vulnerable before C19,

and now 10Ms more have lost employer health insurance.

one uninsured lady got home from ICU with $37K bill.

And Trash REFUSES to re-open ACA signups, to spite his hated knitter smart bruvva Obama.

Everywhere that has tried re-opening has seen es in cases and deaths.

you, Boutons.

Maybe you can hide in your mom's smokey singlewide, but other people need to work as safely as they can. Nobody likes this .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

bull , typicial rightwingnutjob Bible-humping false equivalence.

Not to get into evolution, so let's get into evolution

but for example, evolution can not prove that we evolved from apes.

"missing link" is a real thing... which means what?

does that mean species don't evolve? jeez, at least ya got that right

we do not have all the necessary links from ape to man, common ancestor doesn't mean apes became humans

=============
    5 Skulls That Shook Up the Story of Human Evolution

https://www.discovermagazine.com/pla...uman-evolution

==============

nor the links from "primordial soup" to ape. science is getting close, try to keep up

These lines get blurred by the scientists ??? and politicians, and you Bible humpers

PEOPLE promoting science is what is being questioned and it should be what? what's wrong about promoting science?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

bull , typicial rightwingnutjob Bible-humping false equivalence.

Not to get into evolution, so let's get into evolution

but for example, evolution can not prove that we evolved from apes.

"missing link" is a real thing... which means what?

does that mean species don't evolve? jeez, at least ya got that right

we do not have all the necessary links from ape to man, common ancestor doesn't mean apes became humans

=============
    5 Skulls That Shook Up the Story of Human Evolution

https://www.discovermagazine.com/pla...uman-evolution

==============

nor the links from "primordial soup" to ape. science is getting close, try to keep up

These lines get blurred by the scientists ??? and politicians, and you Bible humpers

PEOPLE promoting science is what is being questioned and it should be what? what's wrong about promoting science?

The missing link is between lucy and modern sapien. "man evolved from apes" suggests a linear development. I won't dispute they are a common ancestor nor the pig for that matter (what we share a large portion of our genetic info with), but evolving from apes suggest that it was all evolution without any help (divine or otherwise).

bible humper is your response? Gee dang it, you got me.

Nothing wrong with promoting science. Presenting probably would be a more appropriate word. My point is people spinning science.

I am not right or left. I believe both sides have valid concerns and beliefs, and yes that even includes you. I don't dislike you or anyone in this forum, and I appreciate everyone's opinion and try to be respectful. I truly believe we all have a common enemy. I just don't think any of us here are certain exactly what that is.
    Last edited by BSfromTX; 05-15-2020 at 01:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could choose other ways to be. Examples include but are not limited to:

I really need to go back to work, so I will do so, but I will be careful and try to protect myself, my family, and those around me with healthy strategies.”

Lol "not an either/or proposition but here are your two options"

The problem with the bolded part is that you can be as careful as you can but if your employer or coworkers don't take the same precautions, you could be ed. That's what some people still just don't seem to grasp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you, Boutons.

Maybe you can hide in your mom's smokey singlewide, but other people need to work as safely as they can. Nobody likes this .
    Yeah the bars that opened up look really safe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are right, science should be black or white and should not have any political favor, but when you have ins utions supported by the state or UN, it becomes tainted. When hospitals' funding depends on a specific cause of death or diagnosis, that encourages dishonest "science"

We certainly should be able to look at science for the truth... problem is, humans have to much power to influence it.

Not to get into evolution, but for example, evolution can not prove that we evolved from apes. "missing link" is a real thing... does that mean species don't evolve? No, there is tons of evidence that supports evolution, but we do not have all the necessary links from ape to man, nor the links from "primordial soup" to ape. These lines get blurred by the scientists and politicians, yet it gets pushed.

PEOPLE promoting science is what is being questioned and it should be.
    Lol evolution denier.

I bet you were also one of the ones that said "hey maybe Trump is on to something the Lysol injection. It's worth a try!!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol "not an either/or proposition but here are your two options"

The problem with the bolded part is that you can be as careful as you can but if your employer or coworkers don't take the same precautions, you could be ed. That's what some people still just don't seem to grasp.
    The boogievirus is here. All the wishing in the world won't make it go away. Along with a lot of other things, the boogievirus is a calculated risk we take when we leave the house. Responsible people know they have to work to earn money to take care of themselves and their families. You do what you can to protect yourself and hope you don't get it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have seen plenty of people on the right outright denying the science. Start with evolution, go on to climate change, then the natural progression to deny things about this that the right finds inconvenient.

This is not hard to find.

Science does not take political sides, but political sides now determine how much confidence you have in reason and evidence. The right has gone full argle bargle.
    The left has no problem ignoring basic biology. Both sides ignore science when it fits their agenda. But I don't disagree with you assessment regarding the right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the bars that opened up look really safe.
    I wouldn't know. You must be desperate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol evolution denier.

I bet you were also one of the ones that said "hey maybe Trump is on to something the Lysol injection. It's worth a try!!"
    Didn’t say evolution does not exist. Genetics prove it

I am saying there is not enough evidence to confirm people evolved directly from apes. Please show me where I am wrong. Please show me the “science” and I will humbly concede

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The boogievirus is here. All the wishing in the world won't make it go away. Along with a lot of other things, the boogievirus is a calculated risk we take when we leave the house. Responsible people know they have to work to earn money to take care of themselves and their families. You do what you can to protect yourself and hope you don't get it.
    Ah back to "boogievirus" now. That didn't take long at all.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I am saying there is not enough evidence to confirm people evolved directly from apes. Please show me where I am wrong. Please show me the “science” and I will humbly concede
    Who said we evolved from apes? The theory is apes and man evolved from a common ancestor. Most of the evidence is burning up in your car or a power plant or in some plastic somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry I glossed over your post too fast, but you're still strawmanning. I don't see anyone saying people evolved directly from apes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol texas thread inevitably boils down to questioning evolution

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't know. You must be desperate.
    Oh right, I'm chastising you for the "boogievirus" but I'm going to a bar.

Bars opening have been all over the news, dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh right, I'm chastising you for the "boogievirus" but I'm going to a bar.

Bars opening have been all over the news, dumb
    "chastising"

what a loser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "single-day high of 58 Texans’ deaths from the coronavirus were confirmed on Thursday, two weeks after Gov. Greg Abbott’s reopening.

The state has reported 116 deaths over the past three days, the most in a three-day stretch during the pandemic.

Of Thursday’s 58 confirmed COVID-19 deaths, three were in Tarrant County and six were in Dallas County..."

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/c...242747586.html

OPEN TEXAS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "chastising"

what a loser.
    CC going derp mode. What an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The missing link is between lucy and modern sapien. "man evolved from apes" suggests a linear development. I won't dispute they are a common ancestor nor the pig for that matter (what we share a large portion of our genetic info with), but evolving from apes suggest that it was all evolution without any help (divine or otherwise).

bible humper is your response? Gee dang it, you got me.

Nothing wrong with promoting science. Presenting probably would be a more appropriate word. My point is people spinning science.

I am not right or left. I believe both sides have valid concerns and beliefs, and yes that even includes you. I don't dislike you or anyone in this forum, and I appreciate everyone's opinion and try to be respectful. I truly believe we all have a common enemy. I just don't think any of us here are certain exactly what that is.
    Stick around a little, you'll learn to dislike Boutons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol texas thread inevitably boils down to questioning evolution
    Nah it boils down to strawman and basically dishonest, chicken responses like yours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "single-day high of 58 Texans’ deaths from the coronavirus were confirmed on Thursday, two weeks after Gov. Greg Abbott’s reopening.

The state has reported 116 deaths over the past three days, the most in a three-day stretch during the pandemic.

Of Thursday’s 58 confirmed COVID-19 deaths, three were in Tarrant County and six were in Dallas County..."

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/c...242747586.html

OPEN TEXAS!
    Well, one benefit for you hiding out at home is Sancho can't sneak in. Sucks for your SO though.

Thread Information